Elections Pfizer released a statement after Mike Pence falsely claimed Pfizer was part of Trump's ...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I have a feeling Pfizer has taken federal money and even a tax break since Trump has been in office.

Some. But more prevelant in the last few months was Trump constantly saying some of the pharma were very close to a working in the next few months vaccine while the left and CNN and MSNBC specifically sat berating the idea, saying it would take years to see a vaccine and Trump was full of shit.

It's historically been the case for vaccines to take years for testing before being introduced into the market.

It's easy to say on hindsight that they were hypocritical but the fact is, at that time, no big pharma or reputable researcher have stepped up to say they can have a vaccine ready within a year.

Im pretty sure I said then and still say now that there is zero chance I can be coerced into taking a vaccines until its been on the market for years due to so many vaccines having long term effects that takes minimum 5 years to see and I don't give a fuck who makes it. I ain't taking it.

At this point, me too. Can't say how things might change in a year.

I also recall saying multiple times that once the election is over, a few weeks later the politicians and MSN would begin damage control to marginalize covid19 so they could restart the economy for real.

Which they have not done yet.

Actually they beat my expectations. What was it a suspicious 2 days after most news called it for Biden that CNN was plastering the "90% effective vaccine is now available" on their telecasts? Lol

If this announcement was made 2 days before Biden won, the right will claim it's thanks to Trump, despite previously calling the virus a hoax by the dems and big pharma.

Now that it's made 2 days after, it's suddenly looks to the right like a suspicious ploy between the dems and big pharma to oust Trump, conveniently ignoring that this very announcement has given you guys the same excuse to discredit the left like you did in your 1st paragraph.

Funny how a difference of 4 days works.

It's ridiculous how people seem to put more emphasis on finding excuses for their political representative than caring about their own health.

it's as if you're pigeonholing different sects of people into one giant fallacy, or something.

also, from lefty nyt:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/...-of-the-governments-operation-warp-speed.html

btfo

So what you're saying is that I'm right? Gee thanks!

Don't forget in October they were all saying they'd be first in line to take the vaccine.

They probably think they wouldn't catch the autism since they're already retarded.

Even cooler derail.

Bite that pillow, spanky
7b1663515324cb3c300985ce9a355c23.jpg

Remember 2009. I think it was around 6 months to get an h1n1 vaccine created and approved by the fda. Can’t remember any politician taking credit for the scientists work.

You have to take into account there was already a road map for H1N1. We already had the building blocks in place, so to speak.

"In perhaps the most important difference between the two pandemics of the 21st century, H1N1 illnesses responded well to anti-viral drugs already used to treat the flu."
The path to vaccine approval for COVID-19 is expected to take 12 to 18 months because it is a novel virus, leaving scientists to start from scratch."
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-h1n1-flu-covid-pandemics-response.html

Last edited:
You have to take an account there was already a road map for H1N1. We already had the building blocks in place, so to speak.

"In perhaps the most important difference between the two pandemics of the 21st century, H1N1 illnesses responded well to anti-viral drugs already used to treat the flu."
The path to vaccine approval for COVID-19 is expected to take 12 to 18 months because it is a novel virus, leaving scientists to start from scratch."
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-h1n1-flu-covid-pandemics-response.html
Yes. Good call. I was thinking it would take about a year also. The companies were going to figure it out.

It's historically been the case for vaccines to take years for testing before being introduced into the market.

It's easy to say on hindsight that they were hypocritical but the fact is, at that time, no big pharma or reputable researcher have stepped up to say they can have a vaccine ready within a year.

At this point, me too. Can't say how things might change in a year.

Which they have not done yet.

If this announcement was made 2 days before Biden won, the right will claim it's thanks to Trump, despite previously calling the virus a hoax by the dems and big pharma.

Now that it's made 2 days after, it's suddenly looks to the right like a suspicious ploy between the dems and big pharma to oust Trump, conveniently ignoring that this very announcement has given you guys the same excuse to discredit the left like you did in your 1st paragraph.

Funny how a difference of 4 days works.

It's ridiculous how people seem to put more emphasis on finding excuses for their political representative than caring about their own health.

So what you're saying is that I'm right? Gee thanks!

They probably think they wouldn't catch the autism since they're already retarded.
Careful you don't step in the bullshit everyone<45>

A world-wide pandemic crashing economies left right and centre, governments everywhere are trying to push for a speeding up of the process. As I said earlier it was developed in Germany by the head doctors of Turkish /German nationality, and Pfizer is merely a distribution partner in the North American and European markets. The fact that Trump has swing wildy from stating it is no big thing, to Democrat hoax, to it will just go away , and is now trying to claim credit, is just typical Trump.

I could be wrong (it happens occasionally), but wasn't this developed off of BioNTech's work on mRNA-based vaccine development for the flu? If so then it's based off work that Pfizer was already funding.

And the only trial info that I can find is that it's phase 3 trial consists of a total US population. We're at least 2 years short of phase III trials without OWS.

Back