Opinion Pfizer Covid Vaccine Efficiency - Not as high as claimed

DespicablePeep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seems the Vaccine could be a lot less effective than suggested by Pfizer, a medical journal published some information on how the numbers could be way off, pfizer Study had about 3410 total cases of suspected, but unconfirmed cases, which 1594 were in the group who were vaccinated. There were 20 times more suspected cases in the study than confirmed cases.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/01/0...ccines-we-need-more-details-and-the-raw-data/

"With 20 times more suspected than confirmed cases, this category of disease cannot be ignored simply because there was no positive PCR test result. Indeed this makes it all the more urgent to understand. A rough estimate of vaccine efficacy against developing covid-19 symptoms, with or without a positive PCR test result, would be a relative risk reduction of 19% (see footnote)—far below the 50% effectiveness threshold for authorization set by regulators. Even after removing cases occurring within 7 days of vaccination (409 on Pfizer’s vaccine vs. 287 on placebo), which should include the majority of symptoms due to short-term vaccine reactogenicity, vaccine efficacy remains low: 29% (see footnote)."

Nobody is being honest in this race, labs are not fully disclosing numbers and we might get a vaccine that does very little.

Last edited:
It would also be very interesting to know what are the occupation of the people who were vaccinated and not vaccinated. You can't really compare a bus driver or a nurse to someone who's working at home, working with a small group of people or retired.

It would also be very interesting to know what are the occupation of the people who were vaccinated and not vaccinated. You can't really compare a bus driver or a nurse to someone who's working at home, working with a small group of people or retired.

I have no clue on statistics, but the most difficult thing fighting Covid is not having enough data and to top it off PCR is not very precise, I wonder how many times they tested people who were symptomatic in these trials just a single test would not be enough to exclude them from not having Covid.

I have no clue on statistics, but the most difficult thing fighting Covid is not having enough data and to top it off PCR is not very precise, I wonder how many times they tested people who were symptomatic in these trials just a single test would not be enough to exclude them from not having Covid.
pcr is extremely precise.

pcr is extremely precise.

I read one paper where they found it to be only 80% sensitive, and that was at its peak sensitivity 8 days after exposure. The test is less sensitive the further you get from this time threshold.

So no, PCR-negative covid cases are a thing, and the author's concerns are warranted.

the flu shot isnt anywhere near the alarmingly high number they threw out of that pfizer vaccine, so it shouldn't come as a surprise ity may be quite a lot lower.

giphy.gif

If thats true it makes it even more important that 100% of the population gets it

I believe the Russian one more at this point. For several reasons

1) They really wanted the win
2) They have not shown to lie and adjusted and are fair with the success ratio %
3) ALL THE WESTERN MEDIA and Globalist big Pharm companies have been bashing the Russian vaccine while moderate powers who arent insanely biased (Argentina, Israel, Brazil etc seek to buy it or have already)
4) There government made it, not corrupt corporate influenced for profit organizations

Back