Pfizer CEO selling shares

Well why wouldn’t he? That’s kind of how owning stocks works.

Pfizer announces Covid Vaccine.

Pfizer CEO:
giphy.gif

Usually these CEO selloffs are clickbait. The majority of CEO compensation is through shares. Its no surprise that the might choose to liquidate some of it at a peak. Doesn't mean he thinks the company is about to fail or anything like that. It just means he wants some cash to buy a summer home in the Florida Keys this year. He'll always get compensated with more shares next year.

When you think your company is about to make billions of dollars you don't go unload stock right before it happens.

You unload when you think the stock is at its highest. All those billions the company is going to make may have already been priced into the stock

The man showed his hand when he claimed this was not a part of Operation Warp Speed. He's not an honest player. Of course it's part of Warp Speed. Who's going to pay for it? How is it going to get distributed? Warp Speed.

As far as his sell, he must think this is the highest point for the stock. I would not be buying it right now. A short may be in order.

Honestly this isn't as big a deal as a lot of the scammy promotional stock pumping and fixing that goes on, but I am glad people are starting to care about financial crimes.

When you think your company is about to make billions of dollars you don't go unload stock right before it happens.

Pfizer stock rose 15% on that 1 day before pulling back 6%.

Pfizer is going to make a fortune, but the stock peaked so the CEO made the better call.

Honestly this isn't as big a deal as a lot of the scammy promotional stock pumping and fixing that goes on, but I am glad people are starting to care about financial crimes.

How is it a financial crime? A crime would be him buying a ton of Pfizer before the announcement.

Pfizer stock rose 15% on that 1 day before pulling back 6%.

Pfizer is going to make a fortune, but the stock peaked so the CEO made the better call.

PFE is basically flat over the past year, and well off the 2018 peak. And the expectations of how much they're going to make are baked into the current price. I wouldn't read anything into the situation, though. Lots of reasons a guy might want to liquidate $5.5M, and executives in general tend to have a less-than-optimal allocation (that is, they tend to be way overinvested in their own company so diversification is generally rational, even if they don't think the stock is going to fall).

Last edited:
Selling stock is not a financial crime, ROFL.

How is it a financial crime? A crime would be him buying a ton of Pfizer before the announcement.
I said it wasn't a big deal lol. I'm saying I at least appreciate people caring about the concept of financial crimes because a lot exist out there even if this is more coincidence and ho-hum about someone leading a company and then selling some stock.

PFE is basically flat over the past year, and well off the 2018 peak. And the expectations of how much they're going to make is baked into the current price. I wouldn't read anything into the situation, though. Lots of reasons a guy might want to liquidate $5.5M, and executives in general tend to have a less-than-optimal allocation (that is, they tend to be way overinvested in their own company so diversification is generally rational, even if they don't think the stock is going to fall).

It went from $36.40 to $41.92 after the announcement - now it's back down to to 38 and change.

It went from $36.40 to $41.92 after the announcement - now it's back down to to 38 and change.
In the grand scheme of things this is a miniscule move and the price action could be in part a reflex result of people seeing this share sale.

I am related to someone who was an exec at a pharma co; they retired and sold a shitload of shares; then like 6 months later some trial failed and he avoided losing like 40%. Will he go to prison? Nope.

The key is REQUIRING THESE SALES TO BE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. Which is exactly why the Post can make this a story. That is a rule that should always be encorced but Trump has cut back on Hedge fund reporting rules. :(
https://www.ft.com/content/76be55f3-97ee-4f7b-bba1-b82cdd347d48

Back