Pfizer, BioNTech say Covid vaccine is more than 90% effective—‘great day for science and humanity’

PFIZER: "We were never part of the Warp Speed. .. We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”.......yet, but we will when we distribute it.

Last edited:
Respiratory Therapist, mostly ICU or ER.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you need a religious exemption to get out of the vaccine, but that’s down to hospital policy more than anything. The infectious disease and emergency management people I know are pushing hard for mandatory vaccination to be on the floor, but this is in Boston, could be different philosophies elsewhere im sure.

Why does it matter if others don't want to take it? If you take it you have nothing to worry about.
It will only provide immunity for a period of time. If people were to take the vaccine the less chance of spread. Less chance of spread = a much lower chance of being reinfected.
If we all don't bother taking the vaccine we will pass the virus around constantly to others and people who had a vaccine eventually get reinfected much easier because there's so many more people as a potential carrier.

Herd immunity is about keeping others safe.

Herd immunity will not be established and people who can't take the vaccine or who it does not work for will be vulnerable. Many consumers will not return to pre covid spending habits.
Herd immunity is best achieved by natural infection, and those who have a very low chance of severe reactions and catch Covid serve the population much more than those who take a short acting vaccine.

That's excellent news for the people who actually need the vaccine. It wouldn't make sense to recommend everyone to take it since over 80% of people don't even get symptoms and when they do it's almost always very minor flu like symptoms.
And yes I've been saying this before the election, they had the vaccine ready but didn't want to complete it until after the election is over (I believe it's for political reasons).
Dude... we're 9 months into a pandemic. Educate yourself on herd immunity already ffs.

It will only provide immunity for a period of time. If people were to take the vaccine the less chance of spread. Less chance of spread = a much lower chance of being reinfected.
If we all don't bother taking the vaccine we will pass the virus around constantly to others and people who had a vaccine eventually get reinfected much easier because there's so many more people as a potential carrier.

Herd immunity is about keeping others safe.

I'll take the vaccine provided the government pays me two million dollars. It's a small price to pay to keep people safe.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you need a religious exemption to get out of the vaccine, but that’s down to hospital policy more than anything. The infectious disease and emergency management people I know are pushing hard for mandatory vaccination to be on the floor, but this is in Boston, could be different philosophies elsewhere im sure.
I'm sure it is. Downside is I'm sure there is a waiver to sign so if you get jacked up you have nobody to blame. Every flu shot makes you sign one like almost all vaccines. I love my job but they don't pay me enough to take one for the team when long term side effects might be unknown.
Anyway I gotta sleep. Finished a 12hr shift. Got another one tonight. Stay Covid infection free Sherbros. Wash your hands and wear a mask.

Yeah, awesome, see you in a year. I don't trust video game devs to properly tested games, fuck if I'm trusting pharmaceudical companies to properly test a vaccine to a new disease.

Herd immunity is best achieved by natural infection, and those who have a very low chance of severe reactions and catch Covid serve the population much more than those who take a short acting vaccine.
Then why is there another wave?

Why hasn't the cold been eradicated?

U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and German biotech firm BioNTech announced Monday their coronavirus vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among those without evidence of prior infection, hailing the development as “a great day for science and humanity.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/cov...ercent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

This is great news and all, but it seems a little fishy that this is all happening immediately after the election.

Understatement of the year! LOL

So they are getting paid on the back end...U.S. Govt promised them billions if they developed an effective vaccine and I imagine they will take the money once it is ready for distribution. They had an incentive to develop it fast or they would possibly lose out to other companies. OWS worked.
No, the US government promised to buy their vaccine if it turned out it would work. OWS was explicitly meant to help finance development.

What the US government will be doing, is paying for a product that has been independently developed, with no input, financial or otherwise, from the US government.

PFIZER: "We were never part of the Warp Speed. .. We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”.......yet, but we will when we distribute it.
What did you expect? That they'd hand it out for free? Do I really have to explain how buying a product works?

Why did you edit? What did you want to say?
Fixed it
<45>stocks up because he lost
There is a reason I posted the tweet:
SALE-65lb-Hangkai-Electric-Trolling-Motor-12V-660W.jpg

What did you expect? That they'd hand it out for free? Do I really have to explain how buying a product works?
Promised $ from Trump admin/U.S. Govt is obviously different from open market. It's all good. Just glad it is here and looks to be effective. The rush to give OWS/Bad Orange Man no credit is amazing.

I'll take the vaccine provided the government pays me two million dollars. It's a small price to pay to keep people safe.
Why won't you take it it's 'funded' by trump. At least he wants to credit for it. Why not take it for free since trump is taking credit for it.

Back