Pfizer, BioNTech say Covid vaccine is more than 90% effective—‘great day for science and humanity’

There is no cure for covid. There's a vaccine. Nonetheless, it's not coming out anytime soon because of checks and balances it won't roll out until early 2021 at the earliest. Which was what fauci and other scientists were saying all this time.

It was trump saying the virus would disappear, it was Trump saying hydroxychlorinquine would work, it was trump musing about light and bleach inside the body. It was trump who said the vaccine would be out in time for the election.

This is the exact timeline we’ve been discussing. They've repeatedly said they were going to try to have something go through clinical trials and have evidence of efficacy by the end of the year, and to hopefully get people the vaccine sometime in 2021.

The only reason why this would seem unusual to you, would be if you were listening to Donald Trump instead of scientists. Donald Trump kept saying people would get the vaccine this year, maybe even by election time (....and there's your only sketchy statement, a politician using election day as his timeline).

This is good news though, and one more step in the right direction. Hopefully things continue to go well and 6 months from now people can start getting the vaccine.
Posted in another thread too but Pfizer says first wave of vaccine by years end. They've already been producing in anticipation of successful trials.

Safety data later this month will be important too, low grade adverse events and reduced symptoms for the 10% who didn’t get full protection is the best case scenario there. 15-20 million courses of treatment available this year should mean front line health care workers and first responders get immunized in time for the holidays.

I’m very interested in seeing the vaccine rollout plan that the outgoing president put together for this situation. I’m not certain if Pfizer is actually using government infrastructure for any of this, but I’d expect there’s a big purchase order from DoD either in place or coming up.

I am a front line worker in hospitals and I don't want the first round of the vaccine. I will keep using PPE for now till we see how it works. And I am not antivax by any means.

U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and German biotech firm BioNTech announced Monday their coronavirus vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among those without evidence of prior infection, hailing the development as “a great day for science and humanity.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/cov...ercent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

This is great news and all, but it seems a little fishy that this is all happening immediately after the election.

I have been always critical or suspicious of new medications of Vaccines!

But I cant wait to get this Vax stick to my butt!.

I am a front line worker in hospitals and I don't want the first round of the vaccine. I will keep using PPE for now till we see how it works. And I am not antivax by any means.
The trials are to see how it works. Thats the whole point of trials. Seems pretty irresponsible to be "on the front lines" and not take a vaccine that protects you and others from disease.

Operation Warp Speed was successful, whether you like it or not.
You have to take it in context.

Yes, "Operation Warp Speed," ie. throwing money at a bunch of companies to create a vaccine, was a great idea. And it seems to be working, thank God.

What wasn't such a great idea was having no coherent national strategy to mitigate the spread of the virus in the meantime.

Operation Warp Speed hasn't been able to save us from 250k dead and millions of people with lasting effects, unfortunately.

I Think every Biden voter should be given the first round of injections..You know , kind of like a reward for your guy winning...

But what if it turns them into a bunch of mutant super humans?

This is the exact timeline we’ve been discussing. They've repeatedly said they were going to try to have something go through clinical trials and have evidence of efficacy by the end of the year, and to hopefully get people the vaccine sometime in 2021.

The only reason why this would seem unusual to you, would be if you were listening to Donald Trump instead of scientists. Donald Trump kept saying people would get the vaccine this year, maybe even by election time (....and there's your only sketchy statement, a politician using election day as his timeline).

This is good news though, and one more step in the right direction. Hopefully things continue to go well and 6 months from now people can start getting the vaccine.

6 months?

Woah that will be loooooooong 6 months that would feel 6 centuries for me.

I want to travel again!! I want to go to China!

Pfizer has stressed that they had nothing to do with the government
Operation Warp Speed Has Invested Billions in Potential COVID-19 Vaccines
By Ambrish Shah

Updated 2 months ago

The U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed program has invested about 10 billion in six potential coronavirus vaccine candidates. The Trump administration has locked in a minimum of 800 million doses as soon as the vaccines are approved. So far, the coronavirus has infected about 6.4 million people in the U.S.

What is Operation Warp Speed?
The Operation Warp Speed (OWS) program was initiated by the Trump administration to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of the coronavirus vaccines and treatments. The goal of the OWS program is to provide about 300 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by January 2021.

Drug giant AstraZeneca said it had paused a trial of its coronavirus vaccine because of an unexplained illness in one of the volunteers.

It’s a standard precaution, meant to ensure experimental vaccines don’t cause serious reactions among volunteers. https://t.co/Z1uO0e0KPX

— CNN (@CNN) September 8, 2020

Operation Warp Speed funding
Under the OWS program, the U.S. government has invested about $10 billion in six vaccine candidates. The government has paid AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, and Novavax about $1.2 billion, $1.53 billion, $1.95 billion, and $1.6 billion as part of the OWS program, respectively. Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi, and GlaxoSmithKline have also received funding from the OWS program for their coronavirus vaccines. The drug makers have received funding from the U.S. government to pay for manufacturing or distributing the vaccines or to help support clinical development.

pfizer-owl-program-1599842693961.jpg

Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine
Pfizer is developing four COVID-19 vaccines in partnership with Germany-based BioNTech. The most advanced vaccine, BNT162b1, is in late-stage human trials. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said that it would pay Pfizer and BioNTech about $1.95 billion to produce and deliver 100 million doses of coronavirus vaccine with the option to buy 500 million additional doses. The companies expect to make up to 100 million doses by the end of 2020 and about 1.3 billion doses by the end of 2021.

https://marketrealist.com/p/operation-warp-speed-companies/

<TheDonald>

Herd immunity will not be established and people who can't take the vaccine or who it does not work for will be vulnerable. Many consumers will not return to pre covid spending habits.
Dude ignore him. He's purposely being ignorant to try to rile people up. He responded to my post and my post covered that. It's like he skipped the second half of the paragraph

Posted in another thread too but Pfizer says first wave of vaccine by years end. They've already been producing in anticipation of successful trials.

Quote this?

In the other thread you said millions of people would be vaccinated in 2020, and the virus would have "run it's course" by time Joe Biden was President (January).

At the current rate of infection and supposedly millions of doses of vaccine by the end of the year, I'd say it'll be about over by the end of January.

^^

Operation Warp Speed Has Invested Billions in Potential COVID-19 Vaccines
By Ambrish Shah

Updated 2 months ago

The U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed program has invested about 10 billion in six potential coronavirus vaccine candidates. The Trump administration has locked in a minimum of 800 million doses as soon as the vaccines are approved. So far, the coronavirus has infected about 6.4 million people in the U.S.

What is Operation Warp Speed?
The Operation Warp Speed (OWS) program was initiated by the Trump administration to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of the coronavirus vaccines and treatments. The goal of the OWS program is to provide about 300 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by January 2021.

Drug giant AstraZeneca said it had paused a trial of its coronavirus vaccine because of an unexplained illness in one of the volunteers.

It’s a standard precaution, meant to ensure experimental vaccines don’t cause serious reactions among volunteers. https://t.co/Z1uO0e0KPX

— CNN (@CNN) September 8, 2020

Operation Warp Speed funding
Under the OWS program, the U.S. government has invested about $10 billion in six vaccine candidates. The government has paid AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, and Novavax about $1.2 billion, $1.53 billion, $1.95 billion, and $1.6 billion as part of the OWS program, respectively. Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi, and GlaxoSmithKline have also received funding from the OWS program for their coronavirus vaccines. The drug makers have received funding from the U.S. government to pay for manufacturing or distributing the vaccines or to help support clinical development.

pfizer-owl-program-1599842693961.jpg

Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine
Pfizer is developing four COVID-19 vaccines in partnership with Germany-based BioNTech. The most advanced vaccine, BNT162b1, is in late-stage human trials. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said that it would pay Pfizer and BioNTech about $1.95 billion to produce and deliver 100 million doses of coronavirus vaccine with the option to buy 500 million additional doses. The companies expect to make up to 100 million doses by the end of 2020 and about 1.3 billion doses by the end of 2021.

https://marketrealist.com/p/operation-warp-speed-companies/

<TheDonald>
Safe for qanoners to take! So I don't want to hear this bullshit about the vaccine being a biden conspiracy if trump gets the credit.

The trials are to see how it works. Thats the whole point of trials. Seems pretty irresponsible to be "on the front lines" and not take a vaccine that protects you and others from disease.

I get where you are coming from.
I have been taking care of Covid patients since day one. I follow all the rules that go with PPE. All my tests and antibody tests have come up negative. I pretty much wear a respirator all shift. I have taken every vaccination that has been out, but they have been out for awhile and were not rushed in development. The military shot me up with everything as well. I just can't blindly trust pharmaceutical companies without some decent time on their studies.

Is your pettiness just a way to get a reaction out of people?

If you think I'm behaving petty that's really a shame. Because I'm just trying to behave like you guys have for the past four years.

Get used to it snowflake.

Back