Social Pewdiepie Gives 50K to the ADL to apologize for Christchurch shooting

uppercutbus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/11/...i-defamation-league-conspiracy-theories-50000
Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg announced in a video on Tuesday that he would be donating $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League in an attempt to make amends and “move on” after a shooter in Christchurch.

“Making a donation to the ADL doesn’t make sense to everyone, especially since they’ve outright spoken against me,” Kjellberg said in a statement posted to Twitter. “I think it’s important, this just isn’t my fight anymore.” Kjellberg’s decision to donate the money became a conspiracy among some commenters after his announcement on Tuesday. Anti-Semitic comments suggested that he was blackmailed by the ADL — a Jewish anti-hate group — in order to be in good standing again on YouTube and in the media.

What do you think? 4D chess from a multi-millionaire to get people talking about the ADL?

Remember kids...........

Unsubscribe from pewdiepie.

What a cuck. Bend the knee.

That's nice of him?

He didnt have to do that.

Sounds like a payoff more than anything. Dude had nothing to do with the Christ Church shooting. That's like blaming Jodie Foster for John Hinckley Jr. shooting Reagan.

Guy donates $50k in an effort to distance himself from a horrific incident he was unwillingly attached to.

Sherdog shits on him for it.

Is normal.

Guy donates $50k in an effort to distance himself from a horrific incident he was unwillingly attached to.

Sherdog shits on him for it.

Is normal.

Hey now... it's not just Sherdoggers. There's also random wankers on Youtube shitting on him.

This feels like someone settling a 0% chance lawsuit for peanuts to just make it go away and move on. Probably the right decision. Interesting choice of where that 50k went, but aw well. I think he was afraid if he directly donated to a muslim group people would see that as him apologizing or taking responsibility in some way for something that obviously wasn't his fault.

Probably just wants ADL to keep him off their list.

Why the damn adl? He could've donated that to a charity that feeds starving jews or something like that.

The adl is some sjw bullshit, they help nobody they just want to push cancel culture , they even tried to get him cancelled.

Last edited:
Sounds like a payoff more than anything. Dude had nothing to do with the Christ Church shooting. That's like blaming Jodie Foster for John Hinckley Jr. shooting Reagan.

It's 2019 man, and his name was mentioned. As for as the internet at large is concerned (and thus, the sponsors that pay him) he is partially to blame. If he want to keep making money, the guys gotta do what he's gotta do.

Uh, okay. Shoot up Muslims, pay Jews.

Got it.

Not that it's a bad thing to donate to the ADL, it's a nice gesture...but, uh....

Genius. Biggest Youtuber of all time, putting the ADL in the spotlight. Most of his subscribers are young men.

This is great news for the ADL. This is a move for the future.

Yeah I don't get it, am I missing something?
I guess a lot of the asshole crowd that uses his name tend to be antisemites? Only thing that comes to mind, that "subscribe to PewDiePie" was used as a baby Nazi thing.

In 1913, the ADL was created to magnify the perceived impact anti-Semitic bias was having on the trial of Jewish pedophile-murderer, Leo Frank.
The ADL argued that "anti-Semitism" caused 12 jurors to unanimously convicted Leo Frank for the rape/murder of 13-year-old Mary Phagan.

Back