Pettis vs Mcgregor

Aldo is better than anyone Pettis, Bendo, or RDA has ever fought. Like it or not, Conor has the best win on his record relative to that company. Time and time again, Conor is finishing his opposition with strikes; he is showing no signs of slowing down because of the quality of his opponents. Can you say that for these other guys? Nope.
Lol You're an idiot. If that's the case then Joe Duffy is the man huh? I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

With Conor its all about the timing distance and power. When somebody's really good at those 3 things you can't count them out against anybody. Conor would beat Pettis by guiding him into a KO. Like most fighters against Conor right now, the answer is his submissions. We haven't seen Conor on his back too much...if he makes great leaps there, forget about it. Dude is KOing everybody.
So if Vitor used his BJJ like he should the he'd have 3 belts simultaneously right now right? He'd have MW, LHW and HW . Stop with the silly talk.

Fight goes one of three ways.

Pettis out strikes Conor to a UD
Conor knocks out Pettis early
Pettis knocks out Conor late.

Pettis out strikes Conor pretty badly, but Conor has that power. If I'm making odds it would be Pettis -165 Conor +125... Vegas would prolog make it something crazy like Conor -195, Pettis +140.

Pettis is a bad match up for Conor IMO
Exactly, but I see Pettis subbing Conor before he KO's him.

from watching pettis vs alvarez i think conor wins

pettis didnt move his head much and i think conor tags him repeatedly because of this and gets the finish

McGregor is the better boxer and Pettis is the better kicker. In a standup fight it's obvious that Conor would have the advantage, Pettis always had a little bit of trouble against pressure boxers in the past, and that's how RDA beat him.

Pettis has an iron chin tho, and he could submit Conor if it goes to the ground. Toss up but I think Conor has the upper hand

That fight should have plenty of spinning shit.

Lol You're an idiot. If that's the case then Joe Duffy is the man huh? I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

So you dispute that Aldo is/was better than RDA, Pettis, and Cerrone?

Interesting stuff. I'll definitely have a read of those articles. The thing that I'm still not sold on is how necessary these camps actually are. Do fighters REALLY need them to get into 'fighting shape', or is it made necessary by the people that benefit from it? Just an example, Mike Dolce makes everyone believe that if you don't use him, you can't cut weight. He makes himself invaluable. But really, he doesn't do anything someone else can't do. I'm sure he's not the only one in the industry that's trying to make his name indispensable, and profit from it.
I think you're right to be skeptical, but like anything else, part of what you're paying for is the name. With some of the bigger gyms with all the good coaches, you generally KNOW what you're getting. The staff and such know what they're worth, so they'll demand a premium. Do some lesser-known coaches/teams also know what they're doing? I'm sure they do, but it's always more uncertain-- you could just as well waste your money and time. In the end it's hard to say for sure, but in the case of McGregor and Mendes, it's a bit different, since they're both elite level fighters with guaranteed pay behind them.

Now I'm sure the camps are effective, and I'm sure if you have the resources for it- great. But you know, McGregor didn't always have those resources, and he looks just the same fighter now as he did when he was fighting in the lower leagues.
Very true. There are ways around it, but McGregor is a unique exception, both in his physical and mental approach, where he owes as much of his success to his personality. Even among his teammates he's a standout success, and in terms of the general talent you see in the UFC, you won't catch many guys doing what he is. Not always by choice.

I see RDA training with these masks on to simulate high altitude. Masks that have very little scientific evidence to date that they are effective. I'm sure he is paying his team a bunch of money for this- but is he ACTUALLY profiting from it, or is his team?

I'm not convinced that getting prepared for a fight necessitates more than train damn hard, study your opponent, make sure you get a good weight cut. Trainers are trying to make training camps into some mythical science when it's nothing more than making sure you're physically and mentally prepared to get in there, which ultimately comes down to the fighter 100%.
In enough ways, if the fighter isn't committed, no team will be able to mold them. But a lot of this lies within grey area. McGregor constantly praises his team, for a reason, and it's because he knows that while this is 1-on-1 competition, it's actually a team effort that produces the results. The best fighters balance as many of these aspects as they can.

I'm not willing to say Conor will beat any of the top 5 guys until I see how his power translates to 155. Those fights in Cage Warriors don't mean dick as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not willing to say Conor will beat any of the top 5 guys until I see how his power translates to 155. Those fights in Cage Warriors don't mean dick as far as I'm concerned.

Clay Guida was able to break RDA's skull . The same Guida who Mendes swatted away like a fly . Conor will have plenty of power at 155 and dint be surprised to see RDA dominated on the feet

Back