Pettis vs Mcgregor

The5thgod

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Regardless if Conor somehow manages to beat RDA I still say Pettis subs Conor within 2 rds. Pettis is just a way more superior fighter and athlete. He has the advantage over Conor in every aspect of the sport except punching power.

I've noticed Pettis is better when he's not fighting for a couple of years.

Lmfao.. McGregor striking is 2 times better than Pettis and he never go for takedowns.

Anyway i would like to see Silverback compete against Pettis but i know that Pettis crumbles early in that fight.

I think Conor would knock Pettis out with his superior stand up. And I say that as a massive Pettis fan.

Nate Diaz Vs Conor is the fight that I wanna see!

It's pretty big "except"
No it's not. In every fight one of the ppl fighting has more punching power lol In every fight one of the fighters isn't superior in every aspect but 1.

Lmfao.. McGregor striking is 2 times better than Pettis and he never go for takedowns.

Anyway i would like to see Silverback compete against Pettis but i know that Pettis crumbles early in that fight.
You're insane. Pettis's striking is waaayyy more dynamic. And of course Conor doesn't go for takedowns because he's lost on the mat.

Dream fight between 2 strikers that would 100% settle it standing...

I think Conor would knock Pettis out with his superior stand up. And I say that as a massive Pettis fan.
Conor doesn't have superior standup between the two. Take a look back at some footage of them both. Pettis's standup is way more impressive.

You're insane. Pettis's striking is waaayyy more dynamic. And of course Conor doesn't go for takedowns because he's lost on the mat.
Ye lets see whos finishing rate on the feet is higher. Pettis is good but he is kind of pillow fisted. Strong kicks though..

Nate Diaz Vs Conor is the fight that I wanna see!
I would like to see that too, but I think Conor KO's Diaz if Diaz can't get him to the ground. It would be either a sub by Diaz or a TKO by Conor.

I don't like either, but I truly believe Pettis is overrated. McNugget by second round knockout.

Actually folks, without the threat of a takedown, pettis is really hard to hit...

Add to that the fact that you would be eating untelegraphed round rouse kicks do the liver/face.

And Mc G's wide, tall stance , imo, would only benefit pettis staying on the outside and eating him up with kicks

Ye lets see whos finishing rate on the feet is higher. Pettis is good but he is kind of pillow fisted. Strong kicks though..
His finishing rate is higher because he's faced weaker competition. And like I said he has more punching power. There's plenty of bums who got a finish in all their wins. Higher finishing rate has nothing to do with who wins a fight.

Actually folks, without the threat of a takedown, pettis is really hard to hit...

Add to that the fact that you would be eating untelegraphed round rouse kicks do the liver/face.

And Mc G's wide, tall stance , imo, would only benefit pettis staying on the outside and eating him up with kicks
Thank you

Actually, I was thinking about these two the other day. They're very similar fighters, except for one very key difference.

Pettis covers up his relatively weak fundamentals with flashy techniques. McGregor covers up his very solid fundamentals with flashy techniques. They're both using smoke and mirrors when they throw their spinning shit, but for very different reasons. Pettis is trying to get a good looking KO and land something spectacular, because that's the only realistic way he wins (I'm not saying he's bad by any means, he's a great fighter- but his defence and basic strikes simply aren't on show). McGregor is trying to make you forget about how solid his basic striking is and bait you into making mistakes by throwing elaborate strikes that make you think he's open, when he's already waiting to hit your reaction.

If they fought each other I'd bet the house on McGregor. Pettis is tailor-made for him. RDA now... I'm not so sure.

I love watching Pettis fight, and will always tune in to see him, but let's not forget that he has had his weaknesses exposed on multiple occasions now. He's been soundly defeated by Guida, RDA and Alvarez, and was getting beaten soundly by Melendez too. Benson was outgrappling him before getting subbed. Pettis hasn't actually had enough dominating wins for the hype and accolades he still gets, he's way more similar to Uriah Hall than McGregor.

I don't know what's wrong but Pettis needs to get his shit together. He looked uniterested and untrained against Alvarez.

Back