Media Pettis sueing USADA.

as much as i hate USADA, I really hope this is a joke by Pettis.

Everything else aside, we have to take on board the utter ridiculousness of sueing someone because you cut your finger..

wasnt even a cut that required a stitch,..
That's not the point, again. Me too, I think it is a silly motivation for a lawsuit, but as Holloway would say: "It is what it is". If Pettis is right, he is right and this can't be changed.

If it was that bad, he should have pulled out and made a huge deal about it.

That's quite an interesting case,hopefully he doesn't face the wrath of a disgruntled Uncle Dana and Auntie Jeff

Because he fought, he likely didn't suffer financial damages. That's going to kill his lawsuit.

It sounds like he's got a solid case in terms of USADA's breach of responsibility to provide a safe testing environment. However, another key component to lawsuits is damages. He's going to need to prove that he suffered financial damage as a result of the cut.

If he didn't fight, this would be clear cut financial damages. But he fought, so he got paid. He could try to argue that he would have won the fight, had he not been cut, and that winning the fight would have resulted in greater financial rewards. However, that is extremely difficult to prove that he lost as a direct result of the cut.
Yeah sounds about right. I’m a mail man and got rear ended while putting mail in the mail box. Worker’s comp never picked up anything and lawyers said it was a waste of time to pursue cuz I didn’t miss a day of work even though I had like 5k in medical bills. The thing is in life in situations like these, you never really know what the right thing to do is. Sometimes you can either ‘act as hurt as you can’ or take it in the ass financially. Most people will never understand this.

Duke wanted him to pull out of the fight for this.....could you imagine lol

Remember when Leben had that nasty cut on his fucking knuckle and still fought kos? Pettis be bitchin up.

It's completely irrelevant to your point, we all get it, but if you look up that lawsuit, it'll change your mind on that specific case. The poor old lady literally got 3rd degree burns from the coffee all over her lap and she just wanted enough money to pay her medical bills and McDonald's wouldn't budge, so she sued and won 3mil
I wasn’t aware of that case actually, I know a woman who sued Starbucks because she burnt herself, but also fairly badly, but she was also a total idiot and a free loaded and wanted a huge payday

Usada WADA etc are all useless. Theres no such thing as peds. Drugs make healthy people sick.

Everything else aside, we have to take on board the utter ridiculousness of sueing someone because you cut your finger..

wasnt even a cut that required a stitch,..
He did need to get stitched. He got glued for the fight since the stitches were gonna open up.
He still would've lost to Nate. Still its gotta be annoying as hell to not be able to warm up before a fight.

So out of the thousands of tests USADA have done Pettis is the only one who's managed to cut himself? Maybe he's just a clutz.

They can use creatine and SARMs aren't really that effective
LOL. Bullshit.

If SARMs weren't effective people wouldn't use them. They're effective. Are they as effective as direct steroids? of course not. They're a modulator. If you have a weak anabolic endocrine system to begin with, then SARMs aren't going to help you much. But if your endogenous steroids are working well, then SARMs are quite effective. In contrast, direct steroids have an additive effect on everyone equally which is directly proportional to the amount of steroid taken, and not dependent on your endogenous system.

For reference these are the bottles USADA use.

14BOTTLESweb1-articleLarge.jpg

You can see in the lid there are little metal clips, possible you could cut yourself on one of those but you'd have to be pretty dumb.

Most likely if it was the thumb I guess is the lid was chipped or something, but the athletes are told to fully inspect the bottles for signs of damage, weakness or tampering.

Numbers. USADA have conducted around 10,000 urine tests in the UFC so far, so thats 20,000 Berlinger bottles opened and closed without incident (as far as we know)

1 incident in 20,000 would suggest there isnt a major design flaw or obvious negligence

the irony that a Diaz fight was nearly stopped on a cut that happened to someone else...

Cut thumb on a bottle, coach begs him to pull out of fight.

I've heard it all now

Back