Pettis/Aldo now the last 2 non wrestler-base champions

daj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Will they be also dethroned by wrestler-turned fighters?

Will the dominance of wrestlers continue in the UFC?

That won't last for very long.

Khabib, and Mendes/Edgar are coming for dem belts.

Aldo-no Pettis-maybe

Aldo isn't wrestling based but he is grappling based

That won't last for very long.

Khabib, and Mendes/Edgar are coming for dem belts.

Mendes. lol
tumblr_my4bad9H8y1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Aldo is too much for any fighter at 145 now I do believe if Khabib is a serious contender and gets some really crisp striking he can beat anyone at 155 except Aldo when he moves up 👍

Aldo loses to Mendes

Pettis beats Gil

Machida beats Weidman

How exactly does Machida and Mendes win?

Mendes couldnt get Aldo down to save his life, then when he did he got right back up.

Apart from the time he actually did and the other time where Aldo had to hold the cage for dear life

All I know is this: Aldo will never lose to a wrestler.

Apart from the time he actually did and the other time where Aldo had to hold the cage for dear life
In biased fairy-tale land where there weren't about 3 takedown attempts effortlessly defended by the Brazilian genius excluding Mendes's one successful takedown and Aldo's blatant fence grab?

In biased fairy-tale land where there weren't about 3 takedown attempts effortlessly defended by the Brazilian genius excluding Mendes's one successful takedown and Aldo's blatant fence grab?

In biased fairy-tale land going 3-2 in TD attempts translates to 'couldn't get him down to save his life'?

In biased fairy-tale land going 3-2 in TD attempts translates to 'couldn't get him down to save his life'?
Fair enough, but I mean, it's not as if he didn't just get back up after Mendes actually did take him down. Because he did.

And Aldo went 3-1 (1) in defended TDs if we're being honest (I saw that grab too but at least he never did it again).

Fair enough, but I mean, it's not as if he didn't just get back up after Mendes actually did take him down. Because he did.

And Aldo went 3-1 (1) in defended TDs if we're being honest (I saw that grab too but at least he never did it again).

Doesn't matter if he didn't do it again. Mendes would've took him down without the fence grab

Calling Jones "wrestler-based" is a real stretch.

He's pretty much MMA-based.

Back