Petr Yan

<Fedor23>

It's all good man, I respect your opinion, you're a solid poster. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I remember Jimmie shutting Dodson down and Dodson being frustrated.

He did, but Yan was landing solid shots on dodson all night. I think yan did more damage in three exchanges than rivera did the whole fight. It doesn't really matter, though, I was just interested in your reasoning.

Yan called out Rivera. Who do you think takes that one?

He did, but Yan was landing solid shots on dodson all night. I think yan did more damage in three exchanges than rivera did the whole fight. It doesn't really matter, though, I was just interested in your reasoning.

He called out rivera. Who do you think takes that one?
I actually have Yan in that one lol. Styles make fights. Dodson isn't a pressure fighter, I don't think Jimmie could handle Yan's pressure. Jimmie is a tough, well rounded dude though. Don't see him getting finished. Hbu dude?

I actually have Yan in that one lol. Styles make fights. Dodson isn't a pressure fighter, I don't think Jimmie could handle Yan's pressure. Jimmie is a tough, well rounded dude though. Don't see him getting finished. Hbu dude?

Yan. I'm glad he called out rivera and not Sterling. Sterling would have been a much harder match up for Yan, I think.

Yan called out Rivera. Who do you think takes that one?

IMO Yan was the first fighter since Mighty Mouse to be really effective against Dodson. Most fighters, even talented strikers like Moraes and Lineker, struggle against Dodson constant circling. Yan effectively cut Dodson off and landed shots almost the entire fight.

IMO Yan was the first fighter since Mighty Mouse to be really effective against Dodson. Most fighters, even talented strikers like Moraes and Lineker, struggle against Dodson constant circling. Yan effectively cut Dodson off and landed shots almost the entire fight.

I agree, guys like rivera and Lineker basically won "non fights" against Dodson, fights where basically whoever was moving forward and trying to initiate at least a little offense won by default simply because Dodson back pedaled all fight and engaged so little.

Yan on the other hand tried AND succeeded in beating him up, and not for small moments but for the majority of the fight.

Last edited:
Forgot to bump this before the fight. Another superb performance from Yan, expect him to be fighting for the title by early next year..
At least, 1-2 wins off.

He deserves the next title shot IMO. Moraes winning this Aldo fight should put it on lock.

Time to get that belt..

giphy.gif

His fight vs Jin Soo Son was a war. Showed a superb range of striking, and some decent work in the clinch. Douglas Silva will be a obvious step up in opponent, so should be interesting !
tumblr_pash3hpCET1rofocqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
If you know, you know..

l@nd0

Back