Petr Yan

I just checked UFC.com and they have him as the 2nd out of 6 fights on the main card. Wtf. Should be co-main for sure.

Can't wait to see him fight this weekend. Been very impressed with him so far.

His fight vs Jin Soo Son was a war. Showed a superb range of striking, and some decent work in the clinch. Douglas Silva will be a obvious step up in opponent, so should be interesting !
tumblr_pash3hpCET1rofocqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Yea yan is a beast and a very nice guy

He needs a top guy now after beating dodson. Give him Cruz.

My thoughts on him based on this fight:

So from what I'm seeing (against a higher level opponent) Yan is a really good, composed, striker. The thing is he's missing some of the more advanced fundamentals like a solid counter game, fighting on the back foot, and his timing. He uses great technique, throws in combination, and has good pressure, but he just doesn't have the timing for a solid counter game. This is why Jimmie Rivera looked better against Jon than Yan is rn. Jimmie shut this dude down with counters.

Not saying Yan can't develop that, dudes still young. Just what I saw from this fight.

He is a future Top 5. Not because of his triking but because of his ground game. Many fighters have great striking but poor ground control.
just top 5? I think he has champion potential

Jimi rivera looked better against dodson than Yan? whaat?
Yup. Dodson did nothing against Rivera. Yan got put on his butt momentarily,and ran into a few shots. I'm not saying Yan isn't going to improve, that's just what I saw this fight. Dude is fun asf to watch.

Yup. Dodson did nothing against Rivera. Yan got put on his butt momentarily,and ran into a few shots. I'm not saying Yan isn't going to improve, that's just what I saw this fight. Dude is fun asf to watch.

Rivera did slightly more than nothing against Dodson. That's like saying Woodley did better against Maia than colby, simply because Colby ate a some shots in round one. In a sport where damage is the most important scoring criteria and not effective defense, I'd have to disagree with you. Yan did better against Dodson than Rivera.

Rivera did slightly more than nothing against Dodson. That's like saying Woodley did better against Maia than colby, simply because Colby ate a some shots in round one. In a sport where damage is the most important scoring criteria and not effective defense, I'd have to disagree with you here. Yan did better against Dodson than Rivera.
<Fedor23>

It's all good man, I respect your opinion, you're a solid poster. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I remember Jimmie shutting Dodson down and Dodson being frustrated.

Back