Media Petr Yan still ranked higher than Aljo in p4p

Rankings are crap..But Yan was beating him till the DQ.

Look at my dab, bitch dab. -Migos

giphy.gif

Pound for pound lists don't make a lot of sense for me sometimes. Guys like Fedor? Sure, he was always undersized and it was his skill that allowed him to win. And I'm not saying Jon Jones isn't skilled, he's a fantastic fighter, but he's a prime example of someone using their physical gifts to their fullest extent. If Jon was shrunk several inches and a few dozen pounds, his fighting style would have to change drastically, wouldn't it? Being tall and having freakishly long arms has always been a huge part of his game.

Yan fans are still salty. It's funny. He only won two clear rounds of a five round fight, then cheated, yet sherdog acts like he's definitively the better fighter.

Last edited:
I mean - come on ? I bet aljo and i admit I won " lucky" money. Vegas has installed Yan as AN ENORMOUS-275 favorite in re match .That's just crazy when u consider 1st fight was -135/ +115.

That surgery layoff might screw Aljo over big time. Yan is out there grinding. It looks like he moved to a different city for several weeks now to tighten up his kickboxing. Dude's got that GSP approach to training: always staying in fighting shape and traveling all over the world to learn from the best.

I can't tell if this thread is a) More of Sherdog not understanding the difference between divisional rankings and p4p rankings; b) More blind Aljo hate; or c) Someone honestly evaluating UFC precedent of overranking their own champs and noticing the difference here

Yan fans still salty. It's funny. He only won two clear rounds of a five round fight, then cheated, yet sherdog acts like he's definitively the better fighter.
They act like Aljo doesn't have a shot in the rematch. It's going to be glorious if Sterling finishes Yan.

Pound for pound lists don't make a lot of sense for me sometimes. Guys like Fedor? Sure, he was always undersized and it was his skill that allowed him to win. And I'm not saying Jon Jones isn't skilled, he's a fantastic fighter, but he's a prime example of someone using their physical gifts to their fullest extent. If Jon was shrunk several inches and a few dozen pounds, his fighting style would have to change drastically, wouldn't it? Being tall and having freakishly long arms has always been a huge part of his game.
Thats just reality. Is he not supposed to use his physical gifts? Its like people not liking semmy schilt for being 4 times K1 champion because he is 6 10 and guys cant reach his head,and a kick to the body for him can hit people in the head. I mean its never going to be even,physical stature. Weight classes can only mitigate so much,and there is no HW limit in kickboxing anyway...

I can't tell if this thread is a) More of Sherdog not understanding the difference between divisional rankings and p4p rankings; b) More blind Aljo hate; or c) Someone honestly evaluating UFC precedent of overranking their own champs and noticing the difference here
Aljo hate isnt blind. We know why we hate him. He is a bitch. Thats why.

Fig over Whittaker? These p4p lists are ridiculous.

Ufc rankings are a joke and the p4p concept is hard to begin with

Back