Petr Yan should fight Cody Garbrandt or Aljamain Sterling

Jimmie Rivera or Assuncao would be a logical step in my opinion

Okay theres some grammar error there, I meant the top 5 not top 15. Either way I don't see him beating Cruz, Dillashaw, Cody, Marlon, Lineker, Assuncao, sterling, rivera

Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree on that point.

He's ready for that level of competition! He's always adding new tools to his striking arsenal and his pace/pressure is just brutal.
It would be cool to see him fight in America more often

Slow down turbo, Aljo just beat Rivera - a step back (rankings-wise) makes zero sense.

Give him Rivera or Assuncao, or Garbrant if he loses to Munhoz

with riveras fighting styl and Yans i actually think Yan will sleep Rivera in a match.

Jimmie Rivera looks more dominant against Dodson than Yan did and look how he did against the top 5(sterling and Moraes). Cruz, Dillashaw, Cody, Marlon, Lineker, Assuncao, sterling would all beat him
Lmao! Yan landed more on dodson in 1 round than rivera did the whole fight. You dont know what you're watching.

Lmao! Yan landed more on dodson in 1 round than rivera did the whole fight. You dont know what you're watching.
He also got dropped in the second round while Rivera took almost zero damage when he fought dodson .

God please let Yan KO Sterling....
I would personally like to see him vs Linker/Cody for the offering to the JBG
<{JustBleed}>

He also got dropped in the second round while Rivera took almost zero damage when he fought dodson .
He got dropped but recovered right away and even still won the round. He beat up dodson worse than rivera did, and to deny that is delusional.

The UFC will do what it does. The coward holding the belt will do what he does.

I have zero faith in the rankings or belts.

But it’d be nice to see worthy contenders get their shot.

The way it used to be.

styles make fights, yan fights in a super aggressive style against a super dangerous opponent and he won. You may think he got himself dangerous but I dont think so, this is just his style, aggressive and pressure, and like people above said, dodson didnt land many clean shots. More importantly, if he can do this to fighters like dodson, then I'm sure he can do this to some top5 fighters easily. I see huge potential in him.

Yan himself has called out Rivera now, so this is a fight that I would watch. Rivera did not look very good vs. Sterling and actually got hurt by him. Yan would piece him up.

And took 10x more damage

Striking was like 80 - 30. He looked far better against Dodson than any of his other BW opponents; this includes: Moraes, Dillashaw, Lineker, Munhoz, Rivera, Wineland, Gamburyan

Back