Media Petr Yan - If McGregor looses to Cerrone, he'll go on his definite and final bender.

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Petr Yan will be a commentator for the upcoming UFC event on Russian TV. During the last few days he has been giving interviews and promoting UFC 246. This is yesterdays appearance on a radio show.

About Cejudo

- Cejudo is choosing comfortable fights
- UFC giving Aldo a title shot after two losses is BS
- That fight doesn't make sense from an athletic point of view, but UFC think it's good show business
- Yan gonna keep hunting Cejudo

About McGregor vs Cerrone

Q: We are used to McGregor being this big trash talker. During this fight we saw none of that. Are there any rules in UFC about what to say?

A: There are of course things you can't say, even in UFC. But it's not scripted.
Good trash talk is not possible without authentic animosity. If you respect the athlete, you probably won't insult that person.

Why haven't we seen the same trash talk from McGregor towards Cerrone, I think he doesn't have that same dislike towards Cerrone as he has for Khabib.

Also I think that he chose this fight for himself, it's a comfortable fight for him after a long lay off. He was offered 3-4 different opponents, but he chose Cerrone because he understands that he has 99,9% to beat him.

Q: Do you think so too, that he'll beat him?

A: Yes, I think so too.

Q: If McGregor against all odds fails to beat Cerrone, will he still get to Khabib?

A: I think if he looses to Cerrone he'll go on his definite and final bender/binge.

About USADA

Q: We watched your interview ahead of your last fight. And you told about how guys from USADA visited you in Omsk. How did the guys like Siberia (laugh)?

A: It was unexpected, when early in the morning someone is banging on your door with such decisiveness. I'm not used to someone banging on my door like that, people don't bang like that in our country if it's not the police (laugh).

Q: They didn't call you ahead?

A: No they don't tell you. You have a software where you write your location. For instance, now I came to Moscow, I wrote that down. They come to that place you wrote and if you don't turn up within one hour you get a warning, after a couple of warnings you get a disqualification and a fine. But it's all been good for me so far.

Q: Did Omsk release USADA? To visit Omsk is not the hardest part, the hardest part is getting out (laugh). (Omsk is known to be a city with a lot of gangsters and crime).

A: There are many funny stories about USADA. Some guys from Dagestan write a location to some obscure village high up in the mountains. Some of USADA inspectors told me stories, they come to a place to the end of the road, then they have to walk 30 minutes on some mountain path. Then they come to that village that has been abandoned for decades, not a living soul there (laugh).

Q: So how do these stories end? Those guys get a warning?

A: Usually yes. Some guys like to joke with USADA like that sometimes.

Khabib vs Tony

Q: Do you agree that Tony is most dangerous opponent for Khabib?

A: Yes, he the most dangerous opponent. He is a universal fighter and well rounded. Most of Khabib's opponents were always afraid of his wrestling, but I don't think Tony will be afraid of that. He also knows how to attack from these positions and use his elbows, which is his signature move.

Both guys have 12 victories in a row, it will be a very high level fight.

Q: You said before about this fight, that even though Tony is dangerous that you think that Khabib is better prepared physically.

A: Yes, I think so. (...) Khabib should win this fight in my opinion. He also has very unorthodox wrestling and manner of fighting. He's hard to get to because of his unorthodox defence, he's good at avoiding striking. This will be a great fight, I also await it as a fan and spectator.

Q: Let's just speculate ahead, let's say Khabib wins and he's 29-0. What's next? Return of GSP? Rematch with McGregor? McGregor would be great from a financial point of view even though it's not interesting from an athletic point of view.

A: I think that GSP as well would be a great fight for him from a financial point of view. But first and foremost GSP fights is a big step forward in terms of MMA history and legacy. But Khabib doesn't want to go up to WW and GSP says that maybe he can't make 155. That's the issue between them.

Last edited:
Kinda want to see this cocky kids jaw snapped

Petr Yan is a blessing to BW division from the Just Bleed God. He also gives great interviews.

He's the next BW champ, deal with it.

Last edited:
Yan looks like a generic 'create a fighter' model in EA Sports UFC 3.

Kinda want to see this cocky kids jaw snapped
He isn’t cocky, he’s confident, I’ve met him twice in phuket and actually watched him train, he’s a workhorse and a really nice guy but I’m guessing he sees things very black and white re: Henry.

Sometimes people that are foreign to you aren’t always going to act the way you do.

A man should be able to speak his mind imo just not insulting like McGregor.

Also note the respect he gives Tony, very balanced opinion

He isn’t cocky, he’s confident, I’ve met him twice in phuket and actually watched him train, he’s a workhorse and a really nice guy but I’m guessing he sees things very black and white re: Henry.

Sometimes people that are foreign to you aren’t always going to act the way you do.

A man should be able to speak his mind imo just not insulting like McGregor.

Also note the respect he gives Tony, very balanced opinion

He’s a full blown tool he was showboating against old man Faber taunting him after knockdowns and stuff. Reminded me of Romac doing the Ali shuffle against OAP Bj Penn

He’s probably right there

If he loses to Cerrone where the fuck does he go besides back to old ways

Definite and final binge
<DCWhoa>
Yan is my favourite fighter in the UFC atm. Thanks for the translation @shoorik1987

I don’t like Conor but fuck Peeyoder Yan. Motherfucker talks way too much.

Got in top 3, in 1,5 year by doing that. UFC favour trash-talkers. He said several times, he does it for US crowd, because that accelerates your career in UFC.

He’s a full blown tool he was showboating against old man Faber taunting him after knockdowns and stuff. Reminded me of Romac doing the Ali shuffle against OAP Bj Penn
Whilst that might be true for what ever reason he’d be like that, I’ve only known him in person (not fighting) and he was very nice, even took us to a Georgian restaurant in Phuket.

Petr Yan is a blessing to BW division. And gives great interviews.

He's the next BW champ, deal with it.
Are you actually Russian? Or do you just have a hard on for Russian fighters.

Strange the Yan hate. He seems to be a real fighter both in and outside the cage.
Motherfucker deserves to be a little cocky, he is a weapon and almost certainly a future champ or at least he'll be a perennial contender.

That's entertaining though isn't it?

Ali did it. Silva did it. Conor does it. Nate Diaz does it. etc...

I though it was a bad ass move to knock Faber down 2 times and not finish him, let him get up so he can outclass him and KTFO.

Yes, he was showing off, but the spectators loved it.

Are you actually Russian? Or do you just have a hard on for Russian fighters.

Are you actually a moron or do you just write dumb shit?

How would I translate all these Russian interviews if I wasn't Russian?

Did he just out all the dagestani ped users lmao?

103576.jpg

Whenever this guy is fighting I will be watching. Really like his style and he will probably be champ one day

He shouldn't be worried about the Aldo - Cejudo fight he will get his shot pretty soon

Peter Yan is a violent motherfucker, the dude have no weakness. He will be champion this year, cant see anyone in the division beating him.

Javier Mendez said recently in his youtube channel that Khabib is trying to get Umar his cousin to fight the same card as him(UFC 249) if joins the UFC we will get another great russian to the bantamweight division.

Back