Media Petr Yan and Fiziev sparring

@Fesaine
good little vid, thanks for sharing.

Really like both these fighters, they're both very good at what they do.

its like a superfight but without the waiting lol the respective opponents green and sterling gonna pull out after seeing this
IT IS TIME FOR ALJO TO MEET HIS DESTINY

200w.gif

Damn, yan threw a head kick with some bad fucking intensions. Thankfully Fitz is beast and dodged lit

Ha! These guys have very different temperaments when interviewed - Fiziev is very lighthearted comes across as a bit of a softie, in stark contrast to Yan's 'I have killed people in the Mother country' legitimate tough guy vibe (lot of cage fighters expend lots of energy trying to come across as tough, but I don't think Petr is faking anything at all - dude is ice cold for real) but they have always reminded me of each other in a few ways.

- great footwork
- sharp af boxing
- confidence in their chins (aren't easy to hit by any means but are perfectly happy to get in the phone booth and take shots to do damage - both manage it well and are hard to hit clean)
- great control of pace and energy expenditure
- something about the way they carry themselves. they're not showponies they are working dogs here to do violence and are extremely comfortable with that.

Didn't know they trained together.
You can tell they are both pretty gassed here but movement still very sharp.

Ha! These guys have very different temperaments when interviewed - Fiziev is very lighthearted comes across as a bit of a softie, in stark contrast to Yan's 'I have killed people in the Mother country' legitimate tough guy vibe (lot of cage fighters expend lots of energy trying to come across as tough, but I don't think Petr is faking anything at all - dude is ice cold for real) but they have always reminded me of each other in a few ways.

- great footwork
- sharp af boxing
- confidence in their chins (aren't easy to hit by any means but are perfectly happy to get in the phone booth and take shots to do damage - both manage it well and are hard to hit clean)
- great control of pace and energy expenditure
- something about the way they carry themselves. they're not showponies they are working dogs here to do violence and are extremely comfortable with that.

Didn't know they trained together.
You can tell they are both pretty gassed here but movement still very sharp.
Yeah Yan doesnt really say that much about how tough he is,but you can tell that just by his manner. Also when you watch him fight,you can tell he enjoys hurting people,which is a good thing in his profession.

Oof , sterling is in danger comes October :(

it's cool to see sparring from this high of a level. wish we had footage like this from chute box

I forgot Yan was 5'7". I love how the top BWs are taller nowadays.
Garbrandt, Font, Yan, Sterling, O'malley, Vera, Aldo, Sandhagen,
Dillashaw is just a tad shorter...

I don't think Henry Cejudo wants all that smoke, one after another after another.

I wouldn’t want to piss these two off holy shit.
Maaaan Fiziev with that crazy speed and placement on his kicks, and Yan's lightning speed punching combinations! And that volume from both men. Goddayyyym!!!

Kudos for Yan fighting in that phonebooth against the bigger man.
I swear to God, Petr Yan is the spookiest, most fearless, meanest and toughest mfer we've seen in the octagon for a long time. I'll buy any pay per view in which this guy fights. Never in a boring fight, and such a mean, fierce, badass fighter to watch.

Back