Petition: No-gi university

pailum117

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A: Jiu Jitsu University is one of the best ,if not the best, jiu jitsu supplement materials in the world. Amazing Detail, Amazing number of techniques.

B: Saulo's No-Gi DVD set is great

C: As great as JJU is alot of the techniques are very gi dependant

SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT KIND OF DETAIL AND VOLUME OF TECHNIQUES IN A NO-GI/MMA CONTEXT, LET'S MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD. I'M SURE THAT IF VICTORY BELT SEES A MARKET FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS THEY'LL PURSUE IT.

So let's try to not get off topic on this (PLEASE :icon_chee)

JUST A, YAY OR NAY.

YAY!!!

Paint_Horse_Close_Up.jpg

Neigh.

Yay

And to all the nay's aside from being dicks why on earth would you be against this?

I don't really understand your English but if you mean asking Saulo to make a no-gi book, yeah I would buy it.

I don't see why gi techniques are even taught anymore. Even if they're worn to class. They're useless in mma, sparring with friends, on the street (well it depends on the opponent's clothes), etc.

I don't see why gi techniques are even taught anymore. Even if they're worn to class. They're useless in mma, sparring with friends, on the street (well it depends on the opponent's clothes), etc.
Tell that to the guy in Inception, he definitely used gi based chokes. In ZERO gravity I might add.

Edit: Yes.

hmm, should i listen to world class grapplers like saulo, roger, and marcelo or some 12 year old on the internet who has never won anything?

man, this is too tough of a decision this early in the morning.

I guess i would have to listen to the experts. i guess.

They teach them because you never know when you're going to be walking down the street and some dude from the karate studio you just passed runs out and challenges you to a NHB duel for honor in front of his students and local media.

Then, when you choke him out using his own gi, all the hot female students are going to be all over you and the male students are going to be like "this guy is our king, forget karate we're learning brazillian jiu jitsu!" and the media are going to put you on the front page of the newspapers and ask you for interviews on local news channels and your life is going to be awesome because of all the women and fancy restauraunts are going to give you the best tables and comp you your meals and give you free bottles of wine (if you're legal) and you'll get into all the exclusive clubs and people will be wanting your autograph and you'll get asked to do seminars around the world for massive $$$ and your life will just be totally awesome.

All because you did one little collar choke.

Yay

And to all the nay's aside from being dicks why on earth would you be against this?

Not being a dick, and I am not against this. He asked for opinions on if you would want it and I gave mine. I just don't have any interest in this right now, that's all.

I would however be more inclined to buy a nogi instructional from a current top guy like Estima for example.

Not being a dick, and I am not against this. He asked for opinions on if you would want it and I gave mine. I just don't have any interest in this right now, that's all.

I would however be more inclined to buy a nogi instructional from a current top guy like Estima for example.

Saulo is still a "current top guy." Well he just retired last year, but that was immediately after beating Romulo Barral and losing to Werdum and Monson (both by ref decision) in the +99kg weight class at ADCC. Saulo did not weigh anywhere near 99kg, plus he was wearing a gi top, haha.

I think we should petition a Saulo FAQ to accompany the Rickson FAQ. Saulo is BAD ASS.

I want DVDs and/or books from Estima on theMendes brothers on no-gi... stat.

Back