Law Petersons dystopian prediction- father can't refer to 15yr old daughter as daughter.

So if, as you suggest, we only allow biology to dictate our beliefs, how do you feel about 13 year old girls, who are biologically ready to conceive, having sex and producing children with adults?

Further, I know that you are a proud Christian. Are you not doing exactly as you accuse transgenders and their supporters, which would be dedicating your life to a delusion? God has no basis in biological reality. That's what I don't understand about religious folk. In one breath you claim that physical reality (gonads) is the only thing that matters when deciding who is male and who is female. Yet in the very next breath you believe whole-heartedly in a book that contains ideas\events that defy physical reality. I don't get it.

Imagine thinking you’re a badass man who can dictate what masculinity means and then your justification for getting triggered by transgender people is; “well actually, according to science / the bible...”

All masculinity goes out the window and you look like a fucking nerd. That’s why the correct position is to say I don’t care and it’s none of my business. Get politics out of sexuality.

So if, as you suggest, we only allow biology to dictate our beliefs, how do you feel about 13 year old girls, who are biologically ready to conceive, having sex and producing children with adults?

The human brain hasn't developed the features it needs for the mind to operate at 'peak emotional maturity' until years after the human has become sexually mature. So biology is still "dictating" our beliefs (at least mine) when it comes to age of consent.

However, despite the decision to have an age of consent years older than the age of sexual maturity being based on biological considerations (about brain development), deciding what should be the age of consent is somewhat arbitrary.

In many respects, neuroimaging research is in its infancy; there is much to be learned about how changes in brain structure and function relate to adolescent behavior. As of yet, however, neuroimaging studies do not allow a chronologic cut-point for behavioral or cognitive maturity at either the individual or population level. The ability to designate an adolescent as “mature” or “immature” neurologically is complicated by the fact that neuroscientific data are continuous and highly variable from person to person; the bounds of “normal” development have not been well delineated
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/?report=classic

Deciding when a person is mature faces the problem of the sorites paradox. Deciding whether someone is a man or woman, or boy or girl, does not. There is nothing vague about the difference between being born with a penis and being born with a vagina.

Further, I know that you are a proud Christian. Are you not doing exactly as you accuse transgenders and their supporters, which would be dedicating your life to a delusion? God has no basis in biological reality. That's what I don't understand about religious folk. In one breath you claim that physical reality (gonads) is the only thing that matters when deciding who is male and who is female. Yet in the very next breath you believe whole-heartedly in a book that contains ideas\events that defy physical reality. I don't get it.

The claim that a male is a woman is a metaphysical claim, just as is the claim that the Triune God exists. But unlike transgender activists, who want the government affirming their metaphysical claims, I don't want the government affirming Christianity and forcing institutions to do likewise.

<{anton}>

The claim that a male is a woman is a metaphysical claim, just as is the claim that the Triune God exists. But unlike transgender activists, who want the government affirming their metaphysical claims, I don't want the government affirming Christianity and forcing institutions to do likewise.

But how would you feel if the government said, "Listen. If you want to worship this "God" in the privacy of your own home, fine. We'll allow it. But you can't be out in the streets wearing a cross or carrying a bible or talking about your faith in public spaces. We're not going to enable your religious delusions or risk your influencing and infecting others."

Because if I understood you correctly that's how you said you would ideally like to see society responding to transexuals.

But how would you feel if the government said, "Listen. If you want to worship this "God" in the privacy of your own home, fine. We'll allow it. But you can't be out in the streets wearing a cross or carrying a bible or talking about your faith in public spaces. We're not going to enable your religious delusions or risk your influencing and infecting others."

Because if I understood you correctly that's how you said you would ideally like to see society responding to transexuals.

I support the right of Christians to go in public wearing religious symbols just as I support the rights of Jews to go in public wearing Orthodox Jewish garb, Hindus going out with dots on their heads, Sikhs wearing dastars, etc. And if atheists want to wear shirts in public that identify themselves as atheist and put Darwin fishes on their cars, I support them having those right too.

For the government to allow people to do all these things it is basically staying neutral on the metaphysical question of God. On the other hand, if the government had separate rules for men and women (and boys and girls) and allowed people on government property to use the wrong bathrooms, compete in the wrong athletic events, use the other dress code, etc, and forced private institutions to allow these things, then the government would not be taking a neutral position on the metaphysical question of what's a man, woman, etc. It would be taking the position that the revisionists are correct and that the 'traditionalists' are wrong.

Make jokes all you want but didn't you go on a hiatus from the forum a while ago because you had an emotional breakdown? Pretty pathetic of you to make fun of Peterson for what he's going through.

I haven't seen much of him but he doesn't seem that bad compared to the other right wing YT channels which are mostly garbage.

So for instance in this video he concedes that this case, which involves a 15 year old, is qualitatively different from the one in Texas which was about a 7 year old. He also openly says that transpeople exist and transyouth exist and therefore these issues aren't black and white. That's a far cry from guys like Shapiro who call it a delusion and leave it at that.
The animosity towards Tim Pool is more based on the fact that he acts like Shapiro-lite and openly hangs around with the kind of people who showed up at Charlottesville... while claiming to be a "liberal".

He's like Dave Rubin, but without the hair.

Since Jordan Peterson's rise to fame was regarding C-16 or whatever bill in Canada, and he clearly didn't even read the damn thing to begin with, I'm not going to listen to all these talking head CT nutters speaking of speech rights in another nation when they support politicians who gave us "free speech zones" in the US, much less a guy who needed more time than a torn acl to rehab because he had some apple cider.

btw, Peterson is an extremist nut. That hasn't changed.

Make jokes all you want but didn't you go on a hiatus from the forum a while ago because you had an emotional breakdown?

If you want to characterize having to deal with a sudden, catastrophic life event in a way that left me no personal time or motivation to post on an MMA forum an "emotional breakdown" I guess it's a free country.

And thanks for trying to publicly smear me with gossip. I'm sure Jesus would approve.

Pretty pathetic of you to make fun of Peterson for what he's going through.

How in the fuck did posting that meme in response to a poster who was addressing YOUR position on transgenders qualify as me making fun of Peterson?

Unless... Holy shit... Is this you Jordan??

If you want to characterize having to deal with a sudden, catastrophic life event in a way that left me no personal time or motivation to post on an MMA forum an "emotional breakdown" I guess it's a free country.

And thanks for trying to publicly smear me with gossip. I'm sure Jesus would approve.

How in the fuck did posting that meme in response to a poster who was addressing YOUR position on transgenders qualify as me making fun of Peterson?

Unless... Holy shit... Is this you Jordan??

Here you are responding to someone bringing up Peterson's mental health crisis:

In his defense, that was only after he had been told the cider was bottled by Marxists in Cuba.

i.e. with a joke. Making fun of someone for a mental health crisis is low, period. Doing it when you yourself have been there is another level of low.

i.e. with a joke. Making fun of someone for a mental health crisis is low, period. Doing it when you yourself have been there is another level of low.

That apple cider thing was a story I recall him telling on his Rogan appearance. It was somehow connected to his crazy meat diet. It had absolutely nothing to do with his going into rehab as that occurred much later. I think you need to fuck off with all the misinformation now, buddeh.

Imagine thinking you’re a badass man who can dictate what masculinity means and then your justification for getting triggered by transgender people is; “well actually, according to science / the bible...”

All masculinity goes out the window and you look like a fucking nerd. That’s why the correct position is to say I don’t care and it’s none of my business. Get politics out of sexuality.

Lol. So the manly response to a situation is to pretend it doesn't exist?

Interesting.

"Jordan Peterson"

Woof.

"Good dog"

Some people use clickers, but a vocalized audible will do just as well.

Interesting.

It is manly, if our concept of manliness is defined as an androgynous, nihilistic degenerate, who cares only for his own comfort.

The present state of the world, didn't come about as a result of us "not giving a fuck". It came about as a result of all the fucks given.

One of the reasons why we've come so far from our "base natural state" is because we actually started caring about the truth over falsehoods. And trans-genderism is one of the biggest falsehoods being spread around to our youth, in current times.

I treat it no differently than a claim that someone would make about the Moon being made of cheese. Bullshit needs to be called out, regardless of whether it's convenient or not. That's what being a "man", or rather, a functional human being, is all about.

Interesting.

It’s not my problem if you don’t know how to mind your own business when it comes to other people’s sex lives, but go ahead and act like a moralist nanny if that’s what you like to waste your time with.

How is a guy peddling self-help/life-advice while not having his own house in order not fair game? It's completely heartbreaking to see disaffected young people flock to him when there completely sound systems free from ego trips that have been around thousands of years. The guy is a charlatan, he knows this on a deep level, and his karma is ripening.

I have no doubt that his suffering is magnitudes stronger than where I'm at in life, but if ever pressed or asked (not even getting to peddling) I would at most share my experiences and point to different teachings that people sunk their entire lives into. It's really easy to not be a charlatan, the overwhelming majority of people have no problem with not being one.

How is a guy peddling self-help/life-advice while not having his own house in order not fair game? I

Bringing up Peterson's hypocrisy is one thing. Joking about his mental health crisis is another, especially when it comes from someone who went through one himself.

It is manly, if our concept of manliness is defined as an androgynous, nihilistic degenerate, who cares only for his own comfort.

The present state of the world, didn't come about as a result of us "not giving a fuck". It came about as a result of all the fucks given.

One of the reasons why we've come so far from our "base natural state" is because we actually started caring about the truth over falsehoods. And trans-genderism is one of the biggest falsehoods being spread around to our youth, in current times.

I treat it no differently than a claim that someone would make about the Moon being made of cheese. Bullshit needs to be called out, regardless of whether it's convenient or not. That's what being a "man", or rather, a functional human being, is all about.

Yeah, a bunch of guys sitting around a drum circle talking about how everything is groovy is much more "manly" than not wanting the government to affirm nonsense.

Back