Peter says this saturday, "Wlad better not try to turn this into a wrestling match"

I lol'd pretty hard at this post

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.

I seem to have taken on the unofficial role as the guy who gets sucked into these idiotic "OMG like boxing is so totally dead like ever since Tyson dude" threads and posts and honestly while I enjoy typing things out (for example my rebutal to leturhands go retarded "boxing can never put a good fight on free tv" type post where I got to rewatch most of 2009's best fights) it's still draining... and for every person who actually engages in the debate there's 2 dozen who are clearly trolling or just so idiotic I can't believe they even survive in the HWs.

The worst thing.

I watched 3 great cards of action tonight. The Gamboa card had two fun fights to watch which I doubt any combat sports fan could find boring. The Morales/Limond card was fun while it lasted and it was good to watch Morales get a win. Shark Fights was good... Soku/Houston was an epic show of heart, Mann's win was a good back and forth technical MMA 5 round fight and overall I enjoyed it. Yesterday Shine Fights was brilliant in it's amateurishness (seriously... if you haven't seen it watch it. It was like YAMMA but with good fights... and someone doing a flying knee OVER the top rope). As a combat sports fan it was a great weekend... even if Peter/Wlad was as anti-climactic as I expected. Fury/Power had the coolest names in the world and was enjoyable to watch... as was O'Donnel Cauthen. And that's without mentioning Molitor/Booth that was pretty fun if heartbreaking for me as a Booth fan.

All in all a great weekend of combat sports.

Yet I find myself having to do these retarded breakdowns. I'm tempted to spend 2 hours typing out definitive Boxing is dying/Jimmerson vs Gracie/Mercer vs Sylvia responses so I can copy and paste them everywhere.

And let's be honest.

What are the chances either the guy I responded to or the guy who started that conversation coming back and replying?

Virtually none.

They'll run back to the other sub-forums and pretend this never happened, hoping all evidence of their complete idiocy will be ignored.

Sometimes I think I put too much effort in...

That's old!

Grabomir is the best tho

Honestly I'm not sure this one was entirely his fault. He's clinch happy anyway but for this fight Peter appeared to be seeing the clinch as his salvation from the purgatory of being caught in Wlad's jab range and lunged for it any chance he had, even at the expense of landing punches.

Wlad breaks fighters hearts.

The last guy I can think of who genuinely looked good against either Klit was Calvin Brock... who wasn't scared of Wlad and did decent inside work for four or five rounds before his lack of fear went from bravery to insanity and he got HL reel KO'd in the 7th.

On a side note I noticed Banks got a win over Montana on this card. Now Montana isn't anything special (most people will remember him for getting KO'd in one by Tua a year or so ago) but considering how bad Banks looked in his last fight it's a good step, just to inject some more bodies into the HW division. The Klits are running out of contenders... there's Haye, Adamek and Povetkin and then there's a pretty big void to be filled.

Honestly I'm not sure this one was entirely his fault. He's clinch happy anyway but for this fight Peter appeared to be seeing the clinch as his salvation from the purgatory of being caught in Wlad's jab range and lunged for it any chance he had, even at the expense of landing punches.

Wlad breaks fighters hearts.

The last guy I can think of who genuinely looked good against either Klit was Calvin Brock... who wasn't scared of Wlad and did decent inside work for four or five rounds before his lack of fear went from bravery to insanity and he got HL reel KO'd in the 7th.

On a side note I noticed Banks got a win over Montana on this card. Now Montana isn't anything special (most people will remember him for getting KO'd in one by Tua a year or so ago) but considering how bad Banks looked in his last fight it's a good step, just to inject some more bodies into the HW division. The Klits are running out of contenders... there's Haye, Adamek and Povetkin and then there's a pretty big void to be filled.

Wlad held a lot this time when he didn't need to, but Peter did a lot of the holding this time.

I don't think they'd fight Banks, but maybe they would, eventually... I believe he's signed on their promotional company, that's why he's continually on their undercards, and he's one of Wlad's sparring partners.

Given how badly Banks got splattered by Adamek, I have no interest in a Wlad or Vitali vs. Banks fight. I agree that they've pretty much cleaned out the HW division beyond the aforementioned 3 and maybe Valuev (if King and him ever decide to realize that they're not get $20 million to fight or whatever, especially the last 2 performances). I'm guessing he'll have to dig up other former titlists/contenders out there if the 4 other guys aren't interested...

Wlad held a lot this time when he didn't need to, but Peter did a lot of the holding this time.

I don't think they'd fight Banks, but maybe they would, eventually... I believe he's signed on their promotional company, that's why he's continually on their undercards, and he's one of Wlad's sparring partners.

Yes, he spars with Wlad and is trained by Steward. I don't think they'll fight each other.

Given how badly Banks got splattered by Adamek, I have no interest in a Wlad or Vitali vs. Banks fight. I agree that they've pretty much cleaned out the HW division beyond the aforementioned 3 and maybe Valuev (if King and him ever decide to realize that they're not get $20 million to fight or whatever, especially the last 2 performances). I'm guessing he'll have to dig up other former titlists/contenders out there if the 4 other guys aren't interested...

Yes, he spars with Wlad and is trained by Steward. I don't think they'll fight each other.

Oh, I have no interest in watching Banks fight... at all really. He's like a vast lacuna... I immediately lose all interest when he appears on a card. My simple thought is that between them there really aren't many challengers left... let alone challengers of quality, and anyone with a pretty record has a chance of getting in there. Even considering Vitali only has 3 or 4 fights left there simply aren't the bodies coming through to give us exciting challenges. Peter and Areola were probably our best bets (outside of Haye)... and we saw how those went. I honestly have beyond no interest in a Vitali/Rahman fight... and seriously, there's a chance that might happen.

I doubt Banks will fight either Klit... at least in the short term. But for a chance at the title I imagine he'd change camps... and he puts another name forward that a contender could beat to add some legitimacy to his chances. Seriously... Kevin Johnson's best win prior to facing Vitali was either Bruce Seldon or Devin Vargas... Gomez's was the 2007 Oliver McCool... and there are other examples. I'm not hating the Klits... they've beaten everyone in front of them well, dominating a variety of styles and skills and come through each time, but the idea of a contender putting together a big run of name victims prior to a title shot seems to have disappeared.

Given that Wlad already destroyed Rahman horribly, I have my doubts Vitali-Rahman happens beyond "Name opponent!" value. Also, Vitali was claiming at one point that this was his last year (besides a fight against Haye, Valuev, Adamek and maybe Povetkin, of course), for whatever that's worth. Still, anyone that takes his vacated belt (if he does retire again) will likely be a victim of one (or both) the brothers, in any case.

I think that Wlad is getting undeserved criticism 9 times out of 10. He keeps on beating whoever they put in front of him. What more could be expected from him?

Yesterday he he handles a supposedly (sp?) big puncher like he was a beginner and knocks him out. The guy who was talking about wrestling this and wrestling that is the one who does all the "wrestling"...and Wlad still gets criticised for his performance. Go figure.

The Holmes comparison is valid. Both guys faced criticism all their career just beacuse they were so much better than the rest of the competition at the time. I say blame the rest of the boxers for not training harder and figuring out a way to beat the reining champ.

As for who is going to beat Wlad...I don't know. Don't see it happening very soon as long he stays hungry. Haye and Povetkin sure as hell won't beat him at this point.

Last edited:
After watching last night i think a good fighter like prime Tyson would get inside of the Klit. range and would have destroyed him with uppercuts and swings.
Too bad there isnt a fighter who could do this now...

Speaking of Vitali vs Rahman, I just watched the HBO countdown a few days ago...

I would have absolutely no interest in that fight at this point. If Vitali fought Sosnowski, Briggs and Rahman back to back I would assume he's just picking up easy paydays at this point.

Ratings are in.
9.7mil. watched on average (48% marketshare).

Vit/Sosnowski had 6.7mil.
Wlad/Chambers had 12.6mil.

Seems like it hurt the ratings a little bit that Peter already got beat by Vitali not to long ago.

After watching last night i think a good fighter like prime Tyson would get inside of the Klit. range and would have destroyed him with uppercuts and swings.
Too bad there isnt a fighter who could do this now...

It'd definitely be interesting to see

Back