Peter says this saturday, "Wlad better not try to turn this into a wrestling match"

TimmyC

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Peter coming off a 5 fight win streak and 20 lbs lighter will give Wlad a hell of a fight. I predict Wlad goes down one time and then Peter goes down once and then again b/f wlad kos him round nine.

Prediction?

Wlad late stoppage.

Peter makes an issue of it early and may even appear to have Wlad in trouble at points but a steady diet of jabs and right hands take their toll. Peter's style is dependant on being able to bully his opposition and he just can't do that to Wlad.

That said I like Peter as a challenger. He's still remarkably young for a HW and has gone through adversity both in the ring and with the business outside it. At 30 this year we may well see another 6/7 years of him and now that he looks to be in (by his standards) pretty decent shape hopefully we'll also see some of the more improved boxing that came with the second Toney fight. Even if he loses this fight (as I expect) he's still well placed to be one of the top contenders when both Klits do finally retire.

He's going to get blown up worse than in the Vitaliy fight

Wlad jabs him to death.
11th round KO.
I like that Peter is in shape, but he's still raw technique wise.

I think Wladimir is gonna KO Peter before the 4th round. I think he is coming out aggressive in this one and will hurt Peter early and wont let him off the hook.

First fight was good.. I gotta go with Wlad, but would not be surprised at all if he got ko'd

I've got 200 on Peter at +850, at those odds, after the first fight, I just can't pass it up. Wlad doesnt have the best chin, and peter is a huge puncher, Wlad should win if he sticks to his plan, but peter has a much better chance than +850 to win this.

Those are smart bets.. whether you think he will win or not, simply viewing their first fight should tell you that he has a much greater chance than the odds makers are giving him..

I'm going with Wlad by KO in the 7th or 8th round. Klitschko's technical advantage is still too great for peter to overcome and I don't see a way for peter to overcome that to win a decision. Sam has the power to land a KO no doubts there but short of a wild shot that Wlad walks into it should another successful defense for Wlad.

Wlad should win this and easy...probably by a late round KO once Peter gets discouraged from eating jabs. I wish the Sam Peter who fought Toney in a rematch would show up for a 2nd time in his career. If he was more patient, put together his punches in combinations and fought for all 12 rounds he would be a real force. Walking into punches and swinging for the fences is only going to work against non-elite competition.

I'm glad Wlad is at least staying active. He's done a good job IMO of picking credible opponents on short notice after his scheduled opponents drop out. Although it seems like there aren't a lot of big HW fights, its not his fault. The guy has 57 pro fights now and he isn't that old. That's more than Vitali (42), Lennox (43), Holyfield (55) and Tyson (56).

Wlad should win this and easy...probably by a late round KO once Peter gets discouraged from eating jabs. I wish the Sam Peter who fought Toney in a rematch would show up for a 2nd time in his career. If he was more patient, put together his punches in combinations and fought for all 12 rounds he would be a real force. Walking into punches and swinging for the fences is only going to work against non-elite competition.

I'm glad Wlad is at least staying active. He's done a good job IMO of picking credible opponents on short notice after his scheduled opponents drop out. Although it seems like there aren't a lot of big HW fights, its not his fault. The guy has 57 pro fights now and he isn't that old. That's more than Vitali (42), Lennox (43), Holyfield (55) and Tyson (56).

A lot of times (like this time) he's not the one picking the opponent... it's just the next highest available contender for whatever mandatory.

Someone going to do PBP for the fight? I'd watch it on ESPN3.com, but Time Warner Cable decided to claim they had signed a deal with ESPN/Disney only to not actually have signed it...

I have not followed Peter too much after the first Wlad fight. He beat Toney twice and lost some. But reading the comments his technical ability has not improved too much since then.

Wlad will jab-fuck him and throw more and more rights for a late (11-12) TKO/KO.

Back