Elections Pete Bootyjudge said the Dems need a landslide; not just to defeat Trump, but to "defeat Trumpism."

i-m just here to say that the entire europe works with the assumption Trump will win this new election. maybe we don't know shit.
it's very puzzling for a euro to come to american forums and reading people say Trump will lose, the dems have a strong field of candidate and all that.

You're being sarcastic, right? Those people would have probably voted Republican if Herman Cain was the nominee. That's not "Trumpism," and it's not what he ran on whatsoever.

but they were/are inspired by Trump. that guy who looks like Uncle Ruckus on The Boondocks, he went into depth about that whole march/the rise of the alt right etc.

it's kind of long but give it a go when you have a chance.

He seems to think they are "fine people"... those are HIS words. So you don't really have a leg to stand on here.
watch-breitbart-news-confronts-joe-biden-about-misquoting-trump-on-charlottesville.jpg

I think you're overestimating both how well the economy is doing, and how well it'll work for Trump. A lot of swing voters, farmers and miners are hurting right now. He will however use the low unemployment and high GDP to his benefit, no doubt. We'll see what happens!

All I know is I've made more money under Trump in 3 years than under Obama or Bush during their entire 8 year terms.

Sounds like inane rally the troops talk to me. "Trumpism" is specific to Trump; I don't think he's a template to base future candidates on for the GOP. There's some x-factor to his absurdity that works for people. Other politicians trying his schtick will just come off like run-of-the-mill opportunists and demagogues. Weirdly charismatic firebrands can't be planned for. Another one will wind up in the WH eventually, so the best we can hope for is to get rid of this one in the near term.

but they were/are inspired by Trump. that guy who looks like Uncle Ruckus on The Boondocks, he went into depth about that whole march/the rise of the alt right etc.

it's kind of long but give it a go when you have a chance.

That dude knows a shit ton of history about racism in America. Its unbelievable how he has convinced something like 200 KKK members to quit the KKK. Someone in Washington should put him to work on the race problem because he is equipped with a tool set that few people have.

That dude knows a shit ton of history about racism in America. Its unbelievable how he has convinced something like 200 KKK members to quit the KKK. Someone in Washington should put him to work on the race problem because he is equipped with a tool set that few people have.

that man is a true hero. it disgusts me how many "dislikes" a lot of the clips have gotten.

I found it deeply powerful how in one of the videos, he shows Joe the Klansmen attire/robes he's collected. maybe it was in the one I shared up above, I forget. but the one that really irked me was the one where he had a former Klansman's police uniform under the robe.

that hurts, it should hurt all Americans.

that man is a true hero. it disgusts me how many "dislikes" a lot of the clips have gotten.

I found it deeply powerful how in one of the videos, he shows Joe the Klansmen attire/robes he's collected. maybe it was in the one I shared up above, I forget. but the one that really irked me was the one where he had a former Klansman's police uniform under the robe.

that hurts, it should hurt all Americans.

I don't think that's impressive. You know what's impressive? A doctor who invents penicillin and saves millions of lives. An inventor who creates a printing press that allows information to be distributed to the entire world. Now that's systemic, broad change.

The KKK is an irrelevant, dying organisation with a few hundred members in a country of 320 million people. Convincing a couple of members to quit the organisation (and probably remain racists in their daily life anyway) isn't impressive. It's actually, if anything, an incredibly inefficient use of time. A video on youtube can reach potentially millions of people. Yet this guy wastes time speaking to people one-on-one.

An average cop probably does more in one week to enact change in his community than this guy ever did in his life. It's just a feel good story. Mysteriously works great on most people even though the scale and impact is meaningless.

It's like when people are proud to themselves because they used a reusable bag at the supermarket. Meanwhile, some of us are petitioning the government to regulate plastic and enact broad, sweeping changes in society. A completely different scale...

I don't think that's impressive. You know what's impressive? A doctor who invents penicillin and saves millions of lives. An inventor who creates a printing press that allows information to be distributed to the entire world. Now that's systemic, broad change.

The KKK is an irrelevant, dying organisation with a few hundred members in a country of 320 million people. Convincing a couple of members to quit the organisation (and probably remain racists in their daily life anyway) isn't impressive. It's actually, if anything, an incredibly inefficient use of time. A video on youtube can reach potentially millions of people. Yet this guy wastes time speaking to people one-on-one.

An average cop probably does more in one week to enact change in his community than this guy ever did in his life. It's just a feel good story. Mysteriously works great on most people even though the scale and impact is meaningless.

It's like when people are proud to themselves because they used a reusable bag at the supermarket. Meanwhile, some of us are petitioning the government to regulate plastic and enact broad, sweeping changes in society. A completely different scale...

you're stating the obvious (RE: doctors & all)

aren't you Canadian? just curious.

also, just watch that JRE. there aren't just a "few hundred" left.

I don't understand why you'd want to diminish this guy's body of work, but here in the States - what he's doing is a big deal.

he flipped one of the top dogs in the KKK, which got them to break down into much, much smaller factions.

the reason why they seem powerless from your vantage point, well, it's because of him.

I don't know, either outcome wouldn't surprise me at this point. Trump should win a second term, but if the Democrats put together a winning run that wouldn't surprise me either since Trump is so polarizing. After what happened in 2016 I don't think we can trust any polling data when it comes to Trump so that isn't going to help as the election draws closer. The Democrats believe this impeachment stuff will work in their favor to convince people to vote Trump out of office but they could be shockingly wrong about that.
Due to the polarizing nature if Trump and the fact that the media hates him. He should be easy to defeat. Thing is the Dems are fielding a weak team. It's really hard to call it as both sides will have a sub par showing.
Yes Bernie is genuine. But his ideas are bad and won't have any reasonable chance of success.

I think you're overestimating both how well the economy is doing, and how well it'll work for Trump. A lot of swing voters, farmers and miners are hurting right now. He will however use the low unemployment and high GDP to his benefit, no doubt. We'll see what happens!
True. But for miners at least, the Dems won't offer them anything better. It's the current sate with Trump or worse with Dems for miners and probably factory workers.

you're stating the obvious (RE: doctors & all)

aren't you Canadian? just curious.

also, just watch that JRE. there aren't just a "few hundred" left.

I don't understand why you'd want to diminish this guy's body of work, but here in the States - what he's doing is a big deal.

he flipped one of the top dogs in the KKK, which got them to break down into much, much smaller factions.

the reason why they seem powerless from your vantage point, well, it's because of him.
I kinda disagree. The KKK had a minor come back in the 80s. But it'd been in steep decline since the 60s. There being 10k instead of the current 6k doesn't make much of a difference. It's a long since irrelevant organization. It serves the media to keep it around as a boogie man to scare and to get ratings

I kinda disagree. The KKK had a minor come back in the 80s. But it'd been in steep decline since the 60s. There being 10k instead of the current 6k doesn't make much of a difference. It's a long since irrelevant organization. It serves the media to keep it around as a boogie man to scare and to get ratings

watch the JRE episode with that guy, he breaks it all down real well. he flipped the one major guy unifying the klan. after that, they broke down into rival factions.

Trumpism to me is pledging your allegiance to Trump & not the nation.

same would apply if there was such a thing as Obamanism. that actually has a nice ring to it.

Bushism sounds too close to bullshit.

watch the JRE episode with that guy, he breaks it all down real well. he flipped the one major guy unifying the klan. after that, they broke down into rival factions.
The Klan has traditionally been broken up. Even with David Dude there were two klans. Beside even together it didn't make all that much of an organization. It's still small potatoes at best

Back