Pet fooled. Do you know what you're feeding your pet?

Didn't read only posting cause I can't make threads now cause the mods are bitches.

Just wanted to say I fell very hard and I feel nothing.

Alcohol bless
Serves you right

Does you feed them raw? Buddy of mine feeds his 2 mastiffs once a day with raw meat but it seems like a hassle to me unless the health benefits pay off.
We do a combination of raw and commercial. It is a hassle, but they love it mostly it ends up being whatever from the carcass we don't use, plus whatever surplus eggs we don't use combined with kibble.

How is blue buffalo blue wilderness duck canned cat food? When I got my cat, I originally was going to start him on homemade raw (did a LOT of research). Got busy with other things and went with commercial but wanted something decently healthy. He's 90% wet, use a handful of dry for lunch every so often (same brand)

We do a combination of raw and commercial. It is a hassle, but they love it mostly it ends up being whatever from the carcass we don't use, plus whatever surplus eggs we don't use combined with kibble.
He's got a few connections with butchers that call him up with cheap scraps or he'll just buy a ton of whatever on sale. Just seems pricey when you run out and can't find anything cheap. Looking to get a neopolatin mastiff for my next dog so ill probably try it then.

How is blue buffalo blue wilderness duck canned cat food? When I got my cat, I originally was going to start him on homemade raw (did a LOT of research). Got busy with other things and went with commercial but wanted something decently healthy. He's 90% wet, use a handful of dry for lunch every so often (same brand)

I will never buy Blue Buffalo products again.

We fed/feed our Cats science diet since they were about 6 weeks old. Started with the kitten cans / kitten kibble, and moved on to the bag i posted earlier, indoor 1-6 years.
About a month ago we decided that eating a non grain diet would probably be good for them so we switched to Blue Buffalo kibble, slowly introducing them. about a week or 2 into the kibble, my cats started getting diarrhea.
To make matters worse, one of my cats, Callie, started getting problems in one of her eyes. We were going to take her to the vet but right as we were leaving she opened it just fine and started blinking normal. We figured she probably irritated it somehow.

A day later, she started growling and slinked her lower back down and was walking with her front legs only, like dragging her back legs and we freaked out. Initially thought she fell and got hurt. Monitored her and she was able to walk fine about 20 mins later after laying down. We saw she was having diarrhea pretty bad so we immediately switched back to Science Diet. Poops been back to normal and hasnt had a scare since.

For all we know it could have been something else, but we have vowed to never get them blue buffalo again to be safe.

/End

Where is "over"?

This is tempting.

True story... When I cook duck I am required to save all the drippings for my mother, who uses them for everything.
Central Ontario. Near lake simcoe. Soon to be muskoka if all goes well with the sale of our house.

We fed/feed our Cats science diet since they were about 6 weeks old. Started with the kitten cans / kitten kibble, and moved on to the bag i posted earlier, indoor 1-6 years.
About a month ago we decided that eating a non grain diet would probably be good for them so we switched to Blue Buffalo kibble, slowly introducing them. about a week or 2 into the kibble, my cats started getting diarrhea.
To make matters worse, one of my cats, Callie, started getting problems in one of her eyes. We were going to take her to the vet but right as we were leaving she opened it just fine and started blinking normal. We figured she probably irritated it somehow.

A day later, she started growling and slinked her lower back down and was walking with her front legs only, like dragging her back legs and we freaked out. Initially thought she fell and got hurt. Monitored her and she was able to walk fine about 20 mins later after laying down. We saw she was having diarrhea pretty bad so we immediately switched back to Science Diet. Poops been back to normal and hasnt had a scare since.

For all we know it could have been something else, but we have vowed to never get them blue buffalo again to be safe.

/End
I didn't use science diet but I did try another grain free food. It gave my cat runny black poops. BUT I did switch her over too quickly (you're supposed to introduce it and increase amount slowly over a few weeks/month) so it was partially my fault. I had to put her on a fast then start over again slowly, but the black runny poops never stopped. I had to switch her back over and try another food instead /: having better luck this time around.

/End
I use to feed 2 of my dogs blue buffalo wilderness they did good with it. I got a 3rd dog it gave him wicked gas. a lot of times after he would eat he just looked like he was uncomfortable. I switched to orijen it's a bit costly but they all like it and seem to do well

I didn't use science diet but I did try another grain free food. It gave my cat runny black poops. BUT I did switch her over too quickly (you're supposed to introduce it and increase amount slowly over a few weeks/month) so it was partially my fault. I had to put her on a fast then start over again slowly, but the black runny poops never stopped. I had to switch her back over and try another food instead /: having better luck this time around.
Glad to hear your cat is doing well!

Yeah we slowly introduced them, but even looking further into that, a lot of experts say that cats should be able to handle any food thrown in front of them without a trial period like that.

Note: Science Diet isnt grain free, the Blue Buffalo was ;)

Glad to hear your cat is doing well!

Yeah we slowly introduced them, but even looking further into that, a lot of experts say that cats should be able to handle any food thrown in front of them without a trial period like that.

Note: Science Diet isnt grain free, the Blue Buffalo was ;)
Ohhh idk about blue diet and science diet, as I said I don't use them lol. It was some Canadian brand of grain free cat food. Either way it was not good for her health o:

Wow, haven't had those problems. I did find he is allergic to something, most likely fish oil. And he isn't big on the chicken but likes the duck well enough

I've done a lot of research but I think a raw diet is probably best but you have to understand and know what you're doing. In other words, you can't just feed raw but you have to feed a variety of meats, organs, veggies and mix in calcium among other things. you would need to buy a book.

2nd best option is buy a dog cookbook and cook food, baking and again you can do a variety of proteins and veggies and freeze the food, make in batches and dogs would love that.

or if you want a commercial brand, The Honest Kitchen. They dehydrate real food and use organic and responsibly sourced proteins, they also have a veggie mix and you add your own protein. the dehydration process is natural way to preserve food and you just add warm water to make it real food.

please be aware there are some human foods dangerous for dogs and cats and you just need to do a bit of research.

also, after you have the hang of it the feeding is easy and fun..it's not that complicated.
Raw diet is alot of work, i use to feed my dog raw and it becomes to much work, plus the idea of constantly handling raw meat and the potential to pass salamanaler onto myself or my children was a big deciding factor in stalling back on it.

Now i feed with a high grade kibble (grain free), table left overs, eggs everynow and again, cheap meat off cuts (chicken carcass and cheap bulk drumsticks, hoggart off cuts ect) , any wild pig that has sat in the freezer to long goes to the dog and the and roo meat. I will be slaughtering 2 rams in the next month and both will be cut up for dog meat

My vet recommended some expensive food and my husky wouldn't touch it. This is a dog who will eat his own shit and any dead animal he finds except fish. He's over 13 years old and he attained that age eating cheap dog food from my local farm store. From time to time I buy frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts when they have them on sale. I give him one frozen and he chews it up in 5 minutes.

There is a big con game going on to convince people they need to buy the specialized dog foods. They promote fruits and vegetables but wild canids don't eat those. They might get some from the stomach contents of their prey. They eat animals including all of the byproducts that people in the commercials are shocked to find in their dog food. We are told not to give dogs bones because they can choke on them. Food manufacturers grind the bones into a powder.

If you watch those programs from Alaska, they feed the dogs that pull sleds dried fish and chop it into pieces with an axe.
Dogs need a small amount of nutrients from grass ect and they get it by eating things like cow, roo or deer shit

Yes..i want a link to a digs comparituve health is to one eati g dig food vs another diet. Also, link to me why a dog can swallow and digest shit with no harm to him, but a human cant.

in regards to health and deadly foods

truthaboutpetfood.com - read up and all about it and also read testimonials from people who lost pets due to various cancers, while you're poking around stop and visit Beneful's twitter account and read all the hate tweets they get from angry customers oh and read up and Google ingredients that beneful and a few others use.

it's common sense.

Since literally millions of pets eat nothing but pet food and live healthy lives of the expected length, I find it hard to believe that it's particularly bad for them. I'm guessing it's less than perfect because it's produced as cheaply as possible but they sure can live just fine on it.

However it's overpriced for what it is. Tinned cat food, for example, is meat "foam" pieces in a jelly. It's mostly water and air. It costs more per weight than chicken thighs (with skin and bones) and they need to eat much more of it, whereas they'll stop bothering me for most of the day after just a thigh between them.

would you eat that bullshit? if the answer is no and you still feed it to them you're an asshole.

also again do your research with various cancers and pets and how life expectancy has decreased and increases obesity and other issues.

My cat will eat anything if I let him. He even ate boiled eggs when I wasn't looking. Little bastard was loving eating from my plate. Every time he eats regular dry food he gets constipated. His vet recommended some expensive dry food that makes his poop look very weird but he's not constipated anymore. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing or if I should just give him fish or something fresh everyday.

Back