Pet fooled. Do you know what you're feeding your pet?

Since I've noticed that there's a pet lovers audience here, I wanted to implore everyone to watch this trailer and this documentary and do your own research. The petfood industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that has convinced the public that kibble baked at 3000 degrees which can sit on a shelf for over a year and by the way is robbed of nutrients because the temperature is good for your pet. Beyond that they use the cheapest possible feeds ( not food ) and advertise on bags of what looks like an incredibly healthy food, they use fillers and preservatives that cause health issues and death.

The industry is regulated by FDA but they do nothing to enforce the rules as the industry seemed to buy and pay for politicians. Also many rules allow for diseased meat with toxins to be used. Finally, this is not food but feed but again the FDA won't enforce laws.

we as humans have balanced diets by eating real foods and so can dogs and cats. feel free to message me with any questions.

one other thing read what FDA admits about diseased meats that are in many pet foods and permitted, they fessed up when they were pressed.

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/fda-admits-some-pet-food-sourced-from-diseased-animals/

Excellent post and replies in this topic sir, a subject I share the same passion.

FGkIQLJ.gif

I just give them pieces of chicken; mostly legs or thighs. They're like 79-99c a pound depending on where I'm at. Why? Because it's cheap and looks metal as hell. They're out there crunching through bone and shit. One of them is a corgi and she's the most brutal one.

Sometimes they get bowl food; get livers and gizzards, again because they're cheap, and the dogs go nuts over it. Something about innards that they really dig. Mix that with some other stuff, good to go.

They never get sick and their coats are shiny af.

What ever she finds she eats. She kills mice and bunnies. This is a fun time of year for her around the golf course. She hunts all day long lol

I've wanted to move my cats over to a raw / home prepared diet but holy shit, that's a serious endeavor and if you fuck it up you can put your pets lives at risk. I never realized the foods we feed our animals have to be so well balanced. I'm doing Blue Buffalo Evolutionary Diet (Rabbit recipe) for my cats now and they're all doing well on it... our vet says it's a great product, but she has cautioned me about "going raw" until I'm very well educated and have all the equipment necessary.

definitely have to do research but as long as you have the basic principles down you're safe.

Thirty years ago vets in my area recommended dry food with an occasional can of dry.

A while back one of my two cats went into liver failure and died. The vet I saw said I absolutely had to feed my cats wet food, all the time. This is a vet I hold in very high esteem, from an excellent clinic in my area, so I am taking his advice.

I love my pets and want to feed them what's best for them, and I've never been concerned about cost. I've just been frustrated at the inconsistency of the messages I've received.

That said, my cats ten to live for a very long time. Outside of Pickles, who died of liver failure at around seven, my previous cats lived to their late teens, and Zack, my current cat, is around twenty now, probably older (she was a rescue). Zack still jumps and runs and claws me to hell when pissed, so I think she's pretty healthy.

many vets do not understand pet nutrition. Pet nutritionist is your best and most trusted bet.

OP, you pretty much fell for a marketing gimmick, your outrage is a product of fear marketing.

No. you're clearly wrong. There's no gimmick with basic principles. pet foods listed in videos are giants and leading ingredient is corn which does not help the dog or provide nutrition. you are talking out of your ass. I'm educated on this subject and have facts to share. what do you have? nothing.

it's simple a diet of the same thing that's goes against the evolution of the animal does not provide the proper nutrition.

No. you're clearly wrong. There's no gimmick with basic principles. pet foods listed in videos are giants and leading ingredient is corn which does not help the dog or provide nutrition. you are talking out of your ass. I'm educated on this subject and have facts to share. what do you have? nothing.

it's simple a diet of the same thing that's goes against the evolution of the animal does not provide the proper nutrition.

So your saying a dog cant live off dog food?

many vets do not understand pet nutrition. Pet nutritionist is your best and most trusted bet.

I bet.

And many doctors don't understand human nutrition.

Nutrition is complicated.

So your saying a dog cant live off dog food?

sure but it's the same in some cases it's similar to you living off little Debbie's.

food coloring in some foods why?????

also lack of meat and filled with diseased meats and pesticides have been discovered in some foods. Fda does not enforce the law.

in many cases best obesity and cancers, liver and kidney failure are based on the pet food ( which its not food and should be labeled feed ) there's a big difference and again the fda does not enforce the law.

if you challenge some of the things I've mentioned l, I'll be happy to share links.

sure but it's the same in some cases it's similar to you living off little Debbie's.

food coloring in some foods why?????

also lack of meat and filled with diseased meats and pesticides have been discovered in some foods. Fda does not enforce the law.

in many cases best obesity and cancers, liver and kidney failure are based on the pet food ( which its not food and should be labeled feed ) there's a big difference and again the fda does not enforce the law.

if you challenge some of the things I've mentioned l, I'll be happy to share links.

Yes..i want a link to a digs comparituve health is to one eati g dig food vs another diet. Also, link to me why a dog can swallow and digest shit with no harm to him, but a human cant.

I just give them pieces of chicken; mostly legs or thighs. They're like 79-99c a pound depending on where I'm at. Why? Because it's cheap and looks metal as hell. They're out there crunching through bone and shit. One of them is a corgi and she's the most brutal one.

Sometimes they get bowl food; get livers and gizzards, again because they're cheap, and the dogs go nuts over it. Something about innards that they really dig. Mix that with some other stuff, good to go.

They never get sick and their coats are shiny af.
This.
Even the most expensive "organic" dry food and can foods gave my GSD the runs and God awful gas. He gets chicken thighs and legs all the time now and has no problems. Dogs need bones and their jaws/teeth are more than capable of tearing it apart. He accidently got a hold of the hambone from Thanksgiving somehow and tore that thing up like it was nothing. That's a huge no-no though as cooked bones splinter and are much harder so never do that. Costco had ground beef on sale last week so he's been putting that down all week and loving it.

Shit. Come on over. We breed muskovy ducks.

Where is "over"?

This is tempting.

True story... When I cook duck I am required to save all the drippings for my mother, who uses them for everything.

My cats get Wellness salmon/whitefish and are in great shape and have healthy coats. Some of the dry foods are a sham and totally not worth it.

Also not all dogs/cats are the same and some can't handle the higher protein kibble or a raw diet. My buddy has the most ripped looking dachshund you've ever seen and he feeds it a raw whole prey item diet.

Switched our dog to Eden a couple of years back. His coat was nice and glossy within a week, and as long as he doesn't supplement his diet with other dog's turds, his jobbies are a joy to bag up.

Since literally millions of pets eat nothing but pet food and live healthy lives of the expected length, I find it hard to believe that it's particularly bad for them. I'm guessing it's less than perfect because it's produced as cheaply as possible but they sure can live just fine on it.

However it's overpriced for what it is. Tinned cat food, for example, is meat "foam" pieces in a jelly. It's mostly water and air. It costs more per weight than chicken thighs (with skin and bones) and they need to eat much more of it, whereas they'll stop bothering me for most of the day after just a thigh between them.

I fed my dogs a duck yesterday. So yes I do.
Does you feed them raw? Buddy of mine feeds his 2 mastiffs once a day with raw meat but it seems like a hassle to me unless the health benefits pay off.

Back