Pet fooled. Do you know what you're feeding your pet?

The commercials in which fat asses are shocked to find out what the dog food they buy has in it are amusing. How about feeling that way about the shit you are feeding yourself and your family?

Anyway, doesn't surprise me one bit. If they can get us to buy terrible food for ourselves then what chance do lil' puppies and kitties have?

I know. I normally eat very healthy myself and after I got my first dog and made every mistake in book on everything became curious and addicted to understanding pet nutrition.

I try pretty hard, least I can do as my dogs have taught me a lot about life, compassion and make me so happy.

ones the real and ones the evil twin.... one of them may even be a dog pretending to be one of them.... no one knows
Wtf I never even knew! I wonder which one will show up first...

<24>

Yer there's definitely a lot of substandard product out there. No different to some of the crap people buy and eat though.

I worked at a pet store/vet when i was a teenager and had no idea about the gap in quality. I was buying some crap called Supercoat which was about $40 for a 15kg bag, now I pay triple that for 12kg. Normally stay with Ivory Coat and Blackhawk as they are made in Australia so don't have to be radiated like any of the imported brands. All natural grain free products. Lasts way longer than the cheap crap you can buy as you don't need to feed them nearly as much. I do about 50/50 mince/biscuit mix and every 2 days I'll give him a bone, or some chicken necks/kangaroo tails, something he can chew and clean his teeth with. My older is 10 now and his teeth are still white as.

The Blackhawk is very high in protein so I feed my older dog that and the younger one gets the Ivory Coat, sometimes I give them a blend since they're always more interested in what the other one is eating.

There's this farm down south that does gourmet pig ears they're like $6 each but they cut it off at the skull a bit back from the ear so there is this massive hunk of smoked crispy fat at the base of the ear, damn my dog loves those

For you Americans/Canadians I've always wanted to try the Orijen Regional Red but importing it means it has to be radiated which defeats the purpose of getting in something so high quality. Any of you tried it?
https://www.orijen.ca/foods/dog-food/dry-dog-food/regional-red/

P.S. one thing I learnt working in that industry was Hills is a sham

Yer there's definitely a lot of substandard product out there. No different to some of the crap people buy and eat though.

I worked at a pet store/vet when i was a teenager and had no idea about the gap in quality. I was buying some crap called Supercoat which was about $40 for a 15kg bag, now I pay triple that for 12kg. Normally stay with Ivory Coat and Blackhawk as they are made in Australia so don't have to be radiated like any of the imported brands. All natural grain free products. Lasts way longer than the cheap crap you can buy as you don't need to feed them nearly as much. I do about 50/50 mince/biscuit mix and every 2 days I'll give him a bone, or some chicken necks/kangaroo tails, something he can chew and clean his teeth with. My older is 10 now and his teeth are still white as.

The Blackhawk is very high in protein so I feed my older dog that and the younger one gets the Ivory Coat, sometimes I give them a blend since they're always more interested in what the other one is eating.

There's this farm down south that does gourmet pig ears they're like $6 each but they cut it off at the skull a bit back from the ear so there is this massive hunk of smoked crispy fat at the base of the ear, damn my dog loves those

For you Americans/Canadians I've always wanted to try the Orijen Regional Red but importing it means it has to be radiated which defeats the purpose of getting in something so high quality. Any of you tried it?

P.S. one thing I learnt working in that industry was Hills is a sham

of course hills a sham.

I tried Origen and for a kibble it seems good, the parent company also makes a slightly less protein brand called Acana.

Origen smells rich and seems great. regarding radiated, you will want to look up " champion irradiation deaths"

there was something in your country with the company that made Origen that caused many cat deaths and I'm not sure who was at fault but was not a good PR time for champion.

by the way Origen was a great food for my dogs. I moved them to the honest kitchen and home cooked.

I've wanted to move my cats over to a raw / home prepared diet but holy shit, that's a serious endeavor and if you fuck it up you can put your pets lives at risk. I never realized the foods we feed our animals have to be so well balanced. I'm doing Blue Buffalo Evolutionary Diet (Rabbit recipe) for my cats now and they're all doing well on it... our vet says it's a great product, but she has cautioned me about "going raw" until I'm very well educated and have all the equipment necessary.

A lot of what we feed pets and what we think is good care is all wrong as fuck, and animals suffer for it.

Even I made an oopsie recently. I was feeding my bun these real fancy smancy treats thinking they were better for him bc fancy. But he started having problems and when I took him to the vet she told me no more of these store bought treats, no matter how much better they may seem. They caused a really bad irritation inside and messed up his stomach /: he's okay now. But not good! Pet store treats and things like that are bad for little bunnies, and can cause a bad stomach like in this case, or even diabetes through the years.

It's the same with dry cheap cat foods for your kitties. You take that risk when you don't feed a proper diet. And so many people think a bowl of dry food every day *is* a proper diet /:

Is there any reason to believe bananas could be unhealthy for dogs? Mine loves them.

A lot of what we feed pets and what we think is good care is all wrong as fuck, and animals suffer for it.

Even I made an oopsie recently. I was feeding my bun these real fancy smancy treats thinking they were better for him bc fancy. But he started having problems and when I took him to the vet she told me no more of these store bought treats, no matter how much better they may seem. They caused a really bad irritation inside and messed up his stomach /: he's okay now. But not good! Pet store treats and things like that are bad for little bunnies, and can cause a bad stomach like in this case, or even diabetes through the years.

It's the same with dry cheap cat foods for your kitties. You take that risk when you don't feed a proper diet. And so many people think a bowl of dry food every day *is* a proper diet /:

Thirty years ago vets in my area recommended dry food with an occasional can of dry.

A while back one of my two cats went into liver failure and died. The vet I saw said I absolutely had to feed my cats wet food, all the time. This is a vet I hold in very high esteem, from an excellent clinic in my area, so I am taking his advice.

I love my pets and want to feed them what's best for them, and I've never been concerned about cost. I've just been frustrated at the inconsistency of the messages I've received.

That said, my cats ten to live for a very long time. Outside of Pickles, who died of liver failure at around seven, my previous cats lived to their late teens, and Zack, my current cat, is around twenty now, probably older (she was a rescue). Zack still jumps and runs and claws me to hell when pissed, so I think she's pretty healthy.

Thirty years ago vets in my area recommended dry food with an occasional can of dry.

A while back one of my two cats went into liver failure and died. The vet I saw said I absolutely had to feed my cats wet food, all the time. This is a vet I hold in very high esteem, from an excellent clinic in my area, so I am taking his advice.

I love my pets and want to feed them what's best for them, and I've never been concerned about cost. I've just been frustrated at the inconsistency of the messages I've received.

That said, my cats ten to live for a very long time. Outside of Pickles, who died of liver failure at around seven, my previous cats lived to their late teens, and Zack, my current cat, is around twenty now, probably older (she was a rescue). Zack still jumps and runs and claws me to hell when pissed, so I think she's pretty healthy.
You know, I think we've had this exact same conversation before lol.

You know, I think we've had this exact same conversation before lol.

I don't remember ever talking about wet vs dry food, but I'm old and my memory is terrible.

My cats eat this
SD_FL_D_adt_NA_o_O_IND_orig_500_en.png

I don't remember ever talking about wet vs dry food, but I'm old and my memory is terrible.
Lol we have. Might have been a year ago. I also have terrible memory but for some reason remember the most useless things s:

Anyways I think a mixture of the two is good, so long as it's not "crack" cat food, and you mix the flavors up for them bc even cats get tired of eating the same shit. A bit of meat is good for them too. And you can add things like supplements n cranberry (powder) and stuff to help with other issues you may worry about. I know I add cranberry at least for my one cat bc she has trouble with UTIs ):

OP, you pretty much fell for a marketing gimmick, your outrage is a product of fear marketing.

Back