Pet fooled. Do you know what you're feeding your pet?

Watermelonfresh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Since I've noticed that there's a pet lovers audience here, I wanted to implore everyone to watch this trailer and this documentary and do your own research. The petfood industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that has convinced the public that kibble baked at 3000 degrees which can sit on a shelf for over a year and by the way is robbed of nutrients because the temperature is good for your pet. Beyond that they use the cheapest possible feeds ( not food ) and advertise on bags of what looks like an incredibly healthy food, they use fillers and preservatives that cause health issues and death.

The industry is regulated by FDA but they do nothing to enforce the rules as the industry seemed to buy and pay for politicians. Also many rules allow for diseased meat with toxins to be used. Finally, this is not food but feed but again the FDA won't enforce laws.

we as humans have balanced diets by eating real foods and so can dogs and cats. feel free to message me with any questions.

one other thing read what FDA admits about diseased meats that are in many pet foods and permitted, they fessed up when they were pressed.

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/fda-admits-some-pet-food-sourced-from-diseased-animals/

Last edited:
I fed my dogs a duck yesterday. So yes I do.

Since I've noticed that there's a pet lovers audience here, I wanted to implore everyone to watch this trailer and this documentary and do your own research. The petfood industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that has convinced the public that kibble baked at 3000 degrees which can sit on a shelf for over a year and by the way is robbed of nutrients because the temperature is good for your pet. Beyond that they use the cheapest possible feeds ( not food ) and advertise on bags of what looks like an incredibly healthy food, they use fillers and preservatives that cause health issues and death.

The industry is regulated by FDA but they do nothing to enforce the rules as the industry seemed to buy and pay for politicians. Also many rules allow for diseased meat with toxins to be used. Finally, this is not food but feed but again the FDA won't enforce laws.

we as humans have balanced diets by eating real foods and so can dogs and cats. feel free to message me with any questions.

What are some good foods to give your dog?

What are some good foods to give your dog?

I've done a lot of research but I think a raw diet is probably best but you have to understand and know what you're doing. In other words, you can't just feed raw but you have to feed a variety of meats, organs, veggies and mix in calcium among other things. you would need to buy a book.

2nd best option is buy a dog cookbook and cook food, baking and again you can do a variety of proteins and veggies and freeze the food, make in batches and dogs would love that.

or if you want a commercial brand, The Honest Kitchen. They dehydrate real food and use organic and responsibly sourced proteins, they also have a veggie mix and you add your own protein. the dehydration process is natural way to preserve food and you just add warm water to make it real food.

please be aware there are some human foods dangerous for dogs and cats and you just need to do a bit of research.

also, after you have the hang of it the feeding is easy and fun..it's not that complicated.

Last edited:
I've done a lot of research but I think a raw diet is probably best but you have to understand and know what you're doing. In other words, you can't just feed raw but you have to feed a variety of meats, organs, veggies and mix in calcium among other things. you would need to buy a book.

2nd best option is buy a dog cookbook and cook food, baking and again you can do a variety of proteins and veggies and freeze the food, make in batches and dogs would love that.

or if you want a commercial brand, The Honest Kitchen. They dehydrate real food and use organic and responsibly sourced proteins, they also have a veggie mix and you add your own protein. the dehydration process is natural way to preserve food and you just add warm water to make it real food.

please be aware there are some human foods dangerous for dogs and cats and you just need to do a bit of research.

Which stores can I find this honest kitchen stuff?

Any recommendations on dog food guides/books?

I feed my dog pedigree but have been wanting to switch after hearing things about big dog food companies

I feed my dog pedigree but have been wanting to switch after hearing things about big dog food companies

The honest kitchen can be purchased at chewy.com which has awesome customer service. this is more expensive than the typical dog food because you're buying real food. if your concerned with price they make a brand called REVEL which I hear is good, they also have excellent grain and grain free formulas.

in regards to cook books there's a ton out there a couple that I like are

Back To Basics Volume 1: Whole...Susan Lauten PhD

And

Dinner Pawsable by Susan Thixton and Cathy Alinovi.

Both books are on paperback and less than $15 on Amazon I believe.

also don't be alarmed if you switch out dog food if your dog has a few GI issues as it can be normal. that doesn't mean the new food is bad but sometimes if a dog is fed same thing for years a change can cause a few minor issues but you're still much better off in long run with a better food.

my dogs eat orijen and their coats are shiny health and energy is great don't give me this bs

My vet recommended some expensive food and my husky wouldn't touch it. This is a dog who will eat his own shit and any dead animal he finds except fish. He's over 13 years old and he attained that age eating cheap dog food from my local farm store. From time to time I buy frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts when they have them on sale. I give him one frozen and he chews it up in 5 minutes.

There is a big con game going on to convince people they need to buy the specialized dog foods. They promote fruits and vegetables but wild canids don't eat those. They might get some from the stomach contents of their prey. They eat animals including all of the byproducts that people in the commercials are shocked to find in their dog food. We are told not to give dogs bones because they can choke on them. Food manufacturers grind the bones into a powder.

If you watch those programs from Alaska, they feed the dogs that pull sleds dried fish and chop it into pieces with an axe.

I give my cat cat food and when I'm drunk cheese it's .... he loves those things ... also give him some steak and chicken sometimes . Just pieces off of my plate .

my dogs eat orijen and their coats are shiny health and energy is great don't give me this bs

Who says it's BS? it's fact.

do your research and use common sense. baking food that turns rock solid can't possibly come out with same nutritional value as it goes into the oven and coat is only one small factor in determining if it's a good food. I'm very familiar with Origen as the parent company is Champion foods and based in Canada and they also own Acana.

Champion food is probably one of the better kibble as Origen claim to fame is very high protein levels ( biologically appropriate ) is their slogan.

Overall it's decent as the company also makes a good freeze dried food..

however, don't think Champion is without controversy as several years ago they were involved in a nasty situation which can be found online regarding irradiation and several deaths( read up on it genius ). I'm not sure all the details and who was really at fault but it was concerning and other minor issue is Canada does not enforce any type of fda on pet food manufacturers, which means the industry is not regulated there.

Also, don't dismiss what I say as "bs" when I've done probably 1000 hours of research on this topic, know most of the pet food brands and who owns them and understands what's truly an appropriate diet for a dog or cat

you being so quick to dismiss an opinion that's based on facts without an open mind shows how little you are and ignorant to boot.

Last edited:
My vet recommended some expensive food and my husky wouldn't touch it. This is a dog who will eat his own shit and any dead animal he finds except fish. He's over 13 years old and he attained that age eating cheap dog food from my local farm store. From time to time I buy frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts when they have them on sale. I give him one frozen and he chews it up in 5 minutes.

There is a big con game going on to convince people they need to buy the specialized dog foods. They promote fruits and vegetables but wild canids don't eat those. They might get some from the stomach contents of their prey. They eat animals including all of the byproducts that people in the commercials are shocked to find in their dog food. We are told not to give dogs bones because they can choke on them. Food manufacturers grind the bones into a powder.

If you watch those programs from Alaska, they feed the dogs that pull sleds dried fish and chop it into pieces with an axe.

" cheap food" does not mean it's biological appropriate or even healthy to feed and dogs which is science proven are opportunistic eaters and eat veggies in wild and just as fruits and veggies can be good for humans , they can be good for dogs. to say it's a scam is not accurate as the consumers have been brainwashed to feed cheap and other types of kibble that's truly and sometimes literally garbage for your pet because there a big profit margin.

also just because your dog would not touch it means nothing regarding quality of food and the big " con game " you refer to is consumers becoming more educated on what is going into the pet food that you buy from grocery store. but hell don't take my word for it, take the FDA which they admit diseased meats are permitted and often in many pet foods

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/fda-admits-some-pet-food-sourced-from-diseased-animals/

Didn't read only posting cause I can't make threads now cause the mods are bitches.

Just wanted to say I fell very hard and I feel nothing.

Alcohol bless

I love animals and totally respect your mission here but most humans cant even feed themselves right. A+ for effort.

I love animals and totally respect your mission here but most humans cant even feed themselves right. A+ for effort.

I understand. it does not mean we should stop trying. Animals are at our mercy, they depend on us though.

thanks for the positive feedback though.

I always pick up Rachel Ray's brand of dog food for my Bull Terrier.

https://www.chewy.com/rachael-ray-n...1100005970808&utm_content=Rachael Ray Nutrish

No complaints whatsoever. She doesn't overeat, she's the perfect weight for her stature, and she's never short on energy.

Probably not the absolute best brand, as compared to an ultra-expensive PetCo brand, but for the price its the best value. Also, they're at every Walmart.

I give my cat cat food and when I'm drunk cheese it's .... he loves those things ... also give him some steak and chicken sometimes . Just pieces off of my plate .
Wait what? You keep a cat as a pet? That's like me keeping a bucked naked miniature human as a pet! Shitting in a box and shit... It's weird... I'm telling...

... @lsa

The commercials in which fat asses are shocked to find out what the dog food they buy has in it are amusing. How about feeling that way about the shit you are feeding yourself and your family?

Anyway, doesn't surprise me one bit. If they can get us to buy terrible food for ourselves then what chance do lil' puppies and kitties have?

Back