Pescetarianism

Explain. Organic corn and whole wheat bread are not human food?

That depends on your definition of human food. Things with barely any nutritive value at all that cause inflammation and GI spikes I don't consider food. Sure, you can eat it, and people have come up with all sorts of tasty ways to deliver it, but that doesn't mean it should be a constant food source.

Pastured/wild caught land, air, and sea animals, however, well there just isn't a comparison between what you get out of that vs a piece of fucking whole wheat wonder bread, organic or not, lol, not even remotely close.

Really? Last I read, corn is actually pretty nutritious, although high in carbohydrates. It's high in fiber, something that is often overlooked in the American diet. Like all plant-based foods, corn contains phytonutrients that are beneficial to your health. You will not find these compounds in animal products.

Nutrient Data Products and Services

WHFoods: Corn

Corn does contain linoleic acid, which most people (in America, anyway) get way too much of relative to their omega-3 intake. But that reason alone is not enough to avoid corn altogether.

It is indeed too bad that over 80% of the corn in the US is genetically modified. GM corn appears to be safe for consumption, but there's a lot of ethical issues that arise with biotechnology. At least there's organic corn, which IS good for you. Whole grains are good for you too. I suppose it mostly depends on your nutritional goals and what other foods you eat in your decision to include these foods in your diet or not.

There's a reason why you still crap out corn a week after eating it. It doesn't digest properly. I love sweet corn on the cob, but I won't eat it nearly as much now that I've learned more about corn because to me...it's simply not worth the amount of calories and carbs it contains. Now it will be a treat once in awhile when it's in season or when I'm not on a cut. Personally..I enjoy the taste of corn and I'll never completely cut it out, but I can see why other people would avoid it.

Back