Pescetarian Diet - Anyone do this long term??

I thought to retry a fish/seafood diet. A number of years ago I followed a only fish for protein diet and did well with it.

I've only been on the seafood diet a few days, and have to say I feel great so far. I've had a few aches and pains that have diminished. I have a stomach condition and it will be interesting to see if that improves in time.

do pescatarians eat every aquatic animal? All types of fish, including scaled and scaleless and things like hagfish and lamprey too? All mollusks and crustaceans? Octopus and sea cucumbers? And what about whale?

do pescatarians eat every aquatic animal? All types of fish, including scaled and scaleless and things like hagfish and lamprey too? All mollusks and crustaceans? Octopus and sea cucumbers? And what about whale?
No.......no sea snake.

I don't mess with Asia farmed fish. I don't eat farmed fish in general although theoretically herbivorous fish can environmentally be the best ones to raise, but Basa is raised hyperintensively now in ponds where waste sludge being dumped causes problems, and high antibiotic use.
I also find it has a very noticeable texture, mouthful and taste and I don't care for it. Which is weird because I've never said that about another fish.

The texture is absolutely atrocious. I have tried explaining to some of my freinds that it feels like it's never really cooked and has the texture of soft rubber. Maybe my description is bad but at least someone can relate.

I don't eat a ton of red meat as it is. Mostly chicken turkey and fish as my animal protein

That said, I am considering going only fish going forward.

Back