1. Season 8 of the International Shoop League is now active! Vote here! »
  2. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

Personalities of Non-English Speaking Fighters (Bilingual Bros GTFIH)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Canned Tuna, Jun 29, 2020.

1. FrancisBergoglio Green Belt

I agree with you about Schengen. I think it was a terrible mistake and the deal we made is not the better in different aspects....But nothing compares with being member of the EU(so following treaties and BEPG) like France and who in addition to that has a terrible currency for french industries.

2. El Panteron Green Belt

Only one I can talk about is Marvin Vettori, as other Italian fighters are fucking ghosts.

He seems douchy, his interviews in English are super confident but that's because it's what he thinks will be beneficial of him.
    He's always declaring how he's one of the best middleweights, how all is losses are robberies, shit like this.
    But he seems to be open to self-analyzing so it may be a façade.

His accent sounds a little watered down but you can clearly tell where he's from (around Trento).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Volador and DA-Bug like this.
  3. El Panteron Green Belt

Schengen was the best thing to ever happen to Europe.

VolkHan and Dog Gynecologist like this.
  4. Do The Evolution Orange Belt

Nothing much to contribute 'cept to say that Brandon Vera's Filipino/Tagalog is still very much passable despite getting his jaw wrecked by Jon Jones.
    Personality - wise? Seems nice or broke enough to endorse a low - level fried chicken joint in Manila.
    <Fedor23>

Volador likes this.
  5. LoneStalker Black Belt

BS. There is a interview in which he tells the story of the day his daughter came home with a boyfriend. When he went to talk to the guy, the dude started to laugh. "What are you laughing about", Anderson asked. "Nah, it's because you really, really have a very high pitch voice". So, that dude has more balls the whole UFC's roster put together.
    In portuguese, Anderson has typical paulista accent.
    Mai boi Aldo is "manauara", born in biggest city in the Amazon, but he sounds quite "carioca" to me.
    Of those spanish speakers, Ponzi sounds like everyone from the Buenos Aires province (he was born in La Plata). Even though he lived in Brazil for many years, he speaks portuguese correctly but with VERY heavy accent.

6. LoneStalker Black Belt

LMAO
    Nothing like hearing Saint Pierre speaking canadian French. Is that Québécois? C'est affreux!

7. King. Green Belt

Im not. I live in the Netherlands and I am in fact dutch. Southern border = adjacent to Belgium, eastern border= Germany. It's not that difficult really. Now does the southern part of the eastern border border Germany? Sure but that's semantics. I suspect he was just being a douchebag

8. Willie Purple Belt

French canadian is pretty weird. I remember when I was in Canada, in Halifax, this young man, pretty cute opened the door for us, suited and booted, a brief case in hand, probably a manager or something, very elegant. We said thank you in french, and then he replied in french '"You're welcome" that accent is a love killer, I tell you.

LoneStalker likes this.
  9. Iron Monger Brown Belt

Lol you're harsh bro. Neither seems dumb to me. It's just... different that is all. If you were to say that the Canadian French accent leaves a way stronger impression than the Swiss. Don't flame me Quebec bros GSP is the goat haha

Bouboumaster likes this.
  10. Willie Purple Belt

Swiss French is very slow. I am joking by the way, I dont despise the canadians or the Swiss, but if you speak french you would definitely notice that the tones are very different.

11. Beherit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

lopez is the one with a huge ego, regarde l'interview de la sueur ...

Iron Monger likes this.
  12. Iron Monger Brown Belt

I do and I agree with you bro XD

Canadian French is definitely the one that always... surprise me lol let's say it like that. And I love Quebec and all but it is what is is :D

13. Iron Monger Brown Belt

Soooo true

C'est grave vrai. Parler mal sur ton ancien fighter après une défaite c'est vraiment bas

14. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Throwing my apanyent

By the way if anyone is interested, this is Khabib's mother tongue, the Avar language. It's one of the weirdest sounding language I have ever heard:

HHJ and Luke Holtzhauzen like this.
  15. Mesos Green Belt

I know what you mean. Yeah if you talk one more than the other, then naturally that one will become the dominant/better one your at.

Same thing happened to me with Spanish. But I do go out of my way to practice it to keep it sharp. Sometimes I will go spanish speaking areas and pretend to not know English to practice my Spanish lol

Kaiserjuan likes this.
  16. Bangkok ready d1 Purple Belt

The rua's brother don't have a rural accent, their accent is just a very thick accent from curitiba and they speak really fast, that would be like an irish accent almost talking to a regular american english speaker he's understandible but he speaks really fast and with a strong southern brazilian accent which is not so present in brazilian media so it trowns people who never heard it really of guard. Fabio maldonado had a really strong country accent ( same accent as mine by the way ) his nickname was caipira de aço which means "steel hillbilly" for a reason

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  17. JonesBreaker White Belt

how does amanda nunes come across in portugese (vs. english)?

18. Bangkok ready d1 Purple Belt

He has a really high pitch voice he is not the moat articulated guy on the word but he doesn't sound strange at all

19. Bangkok ready d1 Purple Belt

Wanderlei sounds mostly punch drunk and a really hot tempered guy, the type of guy that wants to fight for anything ( almost like a brazilian version of cody garbrand )

20. Beherit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

fake mexicans

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP likes this.