Personal Challenge, 50lbs in 1 year

g0g0

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am 34 years old and 50 pounds away from my goal weight of 155. I started training in BJJ in Chicago 2 weeks ago and plan to compete in NAGA Chicago 2009 with a goal of winning a sword by 2010. I am in the right mind set and at a good point in my life to do this.

I should mention that I don't like losing and love the idea of friendly competition. I had to write this down and make it public to firmly set my BJJ goals. I lost 22 lbs in 2 months before on a bet which I still lost. I know that I can lose 50 in a year. The bigger challenge will be winning NAGA Chicago in 2010. I am very motivated to train in BJJ as it is a goal I have had since watching Royce in UFC1. I have a great instructor from Rio JJ, Pete "The Greek" Letsos, who trained under the legendary Carlson Gracie.

I will update this post monthly with my weight and any significant training events including the day I was able to go through training without stopping and my first win in sparring. I am very out of shape but I know what I am capable of doing physically (consistently did 120 push-ups in 2 minutes for Army PT test) and the time feels right. Any similar experiences or helpful comments are welcomed, no flaming please. I will take care of flaming myself if justified.

Good luck, mate. And congrats on getting motivated.

You'll want to check out fitday.com if you're looking to ditch any amount of weight - food logging has helped me drop from 205 to nearly 180 in the last three months.

Also feel free to post your diet and exercise regimen here for constructive critique.

I thought you were 105, trying to reach 155...lol. Good luck man

good luck to you,i was 285 now im 270 trying to get down to 205,dropped the first 15 pounds since the middle of january training three times a week.Hoping to drop the rest of it in a year from now

I have similar goals with the weight and just starting BJJ. Don't have the comp goals you have but know that it does help to write things down to help keep you focused!

Best of Luck!

writing down ure goals and telling people is one of the first and most important steps. good for u

There is division for those of us over 30 and between 150-160 Lbs with 2 years or less experience that I have my eye on for 2010. I don't know if I will win but I will at least compete. I opened an account on fitday.com. Dam good site especially since it is easy to use and fast to navigate. Good find Revok, thanks. I will update this thread with my workout routine and diet once I get some time away from school later next week.

Good luck man. There are a few threads in D&S about guys who lost a bunch of weight that would be good to look over.

If you want more feedback feel free to start a training log here if you haven't already. We'll dish out enough smack to keep you in line

Back