Perry Is Like Gaethje, Won't Last Long in the Sport

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Been noticing a trend in Perrys recent fights and it's that when he fights higher ranked opposition he has been getting into wars. The fights with Ponz, Griffin, and Felder are all examples of this. His patented knockout power just hasn't been on display and he has been getting into slugfests. The thing is I don't think he's really gonna change his style either. He takes pride in being violent and like Gaethje I think we will see him start to go on a decline much sooner than expected.

Gaethje actively seeks CTE
Like hasn't he said he wants concussions or was that a meme?

Platinum seeks greatness.

Enjoy it as long as it lasts. Gaethje and Perry are P4P most entertaining fighters atm.

TS does know Gaethje is literally headlining an upcoming card right?

He's nowhere near as bad as Gaethje, plus he's with Jacksons. He'll be fine.

the biggest difference is, Gaethje goes marching into the fire. Perry gets hit, but he doesn't welcome the abuse the same way Gaethje does.

Been noticing a trend in Perrys recent fights and it's that when he fights higher ranked opposition he has been getting into wars. The fights with Ponz, Griffin, and Felder are all examples of this. His patented knockout power just hasn't been on display and he has been getting into slugfests. The thing is I don't think he's really gonna change his style either. He takes pride in being violent and like Gaethje I think we will see him start to go on a decline much sooner than expected.

Part of the issue I suspect if that they both know what brings the fan interest, the negative for Perry I'd imagine is that he's earning less than Justin has on undercards.

Perry is at least making attempts to improve his skill-set and fight smarter.

Gaethje basically just goes full Popeye the sailor man and says, "I am what I am", CTE be damned.

Stop being a hater & join the platinum nation, you will be happier in life.

Gaethje basically just goes full Popeye the sailor man and says, "I am what I am", CTE be damned.

This...

Yeah, he just wants to put on a show - said before he came to the UK that he'd get knocked out at some point but he doesn't mind, he's fine with losing so long as he's entertaining and has fun. I wouldn't do it myself but I respect that he just wants to have a few fun fights and then retire and do something else with his life rather than fall into the 'I have to be the greatest' slump a lot of fighters do.

I've noticed a trend too, he's garbage.

Another "power puncher" in MMA that can't actually crack an egg in reality.

It's kind of unfortunate 'cause Gaethje seems like an alright guy but it seems like there are already some lingering effects like how he talks and stuff like that..

Mike will retire with 4 belts and mountains of pussy.

Don't worry about Platinum bro

XzNV.gif

Gaethje has been in the sport for a while now. He was WSOP Champ.

Dumb thread

Back