"Perro" done bad... US career likely over

consortium11

Slip The Jab
Reaction score
U.S. Immigration KOs Alfredo Angulo | ProBoxing-Fans.com

The career - and life - of junior middleweight contender Alfredo Angulo has just hit a major snag. The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency has essentially banned Angulo from fighting professionally in the United States, ruling that he is in the country as an illegal alien. Angulo, the #4 rated junior middleweight boxer according to ProBoxing-Fans.com, could be deported from the country, and his time as a major network, HBO sponsored fighter, could be coming to an end as well.

Little else is known besides these initial reports at this time, but surely more will be revealed over the next few days and weeks as Angulo's promoters and managers try to get a solid grasp on the situation. But clearly this is a situation that holds major consequences from Angulo, and it's unknown how this well play out.

More comments can be found here: Alfredo Angulo's U.S. Career Crumbles, HBO Walks - Boxing News (doesn't seem to allow copy and pasting of the article).

That's a pretty poor fall from grace right there. I lost of a lot of respect for Angulo when he ducked Martinez but I still wouldn't wish this (self-inflicted) ill on him.

What is it with 154lbs prospects? Kirkland ends up in the slammer and has only just got out and Angulo's built some real momentum after the Cintron bout and now this...

Wow, how could this happen. It's too bad, first declining a fight with Martinez, now his us boxing career possibly over. Sad.

crazy, but this article was written Sep 22nd, hopefully things have gotten worked out as I haven't heard any recent reports about Angulo.

pics or it didn't happen....don't believe the story sorry

I just don't see this incident as a reason for him to never be allowed to fight in the U.S. again. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Angulo asked for a fair price vs. Martinez.. that's not ducking..

I hope to every god ever invented that Angulo, my favorite fighter in the world, doesn't get derailed by legal mumbo jumbo.. he's improving quickly..so much potential

Angulo is a good fighter to watch, on a steady climb to the top, with hbo backing him. What sucks is, immigration is such a sensitive issue right now, they will go hard on him.

Last edited:
Angulo is a good fighter to watch, on a steady climb to the top, with hbo backing him. What sucks is, immigration is such a sensitive issue right now, they may go hard on him.

They should go hard on him. He was living here illegally. His is an illegal immigrant. He should be forced to give back all the money he earned here because it was earned illegally. He isn't allowed to work in the US. That money is not his. It was illegally gotten.

Jesus Christ Kirkland...

With all the issues around him actually getting his spot in the halfway house you'd think he'd do everything in his power to make his transition from prison as seamless as possible.

His lack of thought here doesn't seem remarkably different to the lack of thought that went into him getting guns in the first place.

For all her sins do you think Wolfe would have let him waltz off like that?

Damm, first Kirkland (at least he's back) and now Angulo? who's next?

Surely Kirkland and Angulo where on a collision course, even with Kirkland getting out, but now this.

Hope everything gets worked out

The plot thickens.

First, Angulo himself speaks saying this is somewhat of a storm in a teacup and that HBO might be mad at him because he ducked out of a fight with Martinez because he thought $750,000 wasn't enough money for him;

Alfredo Angulo: Deportation Tales Are a Smear Campaign! - Boxing News

But then the fun stuff comes out as Gary Shaw accuses Top Rank of setting the whole thing up so that Arum wasn't forced to match Cotto and Perro:

Gary Shaw Claims Top Rank Ratted Alfredo Angulo Out - Boxing News

(Sorry, can't seem to paste from boxingscene).

This story could well have legs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back