Perosh's ground game

DownUnderThundr

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I was thinking about the Perosh vs Bader fight and i reckon that once again, everyone is underestimating Perosh.

His ground skills are highly underrated in my opinion, he doesnt rush things (as seen in the video below) and i reckon it makes his opponent feel like they arent in trouble when they indeed are. You rarely see a guy attack with BJJ so slowly yet prove so effective.

http://mmakanvas.ninemsn.com.au/articles/training/893/practice-with-perosh-the-darce-choke.html

I remember hearing Joe Rogan commentating when he fought Diabate and Rogen was saying how perosh "needed to do something" when he had Diabate on the ground, then slowly but surely he got the sub.

What do you guys think? The smart money is on Bader by KO... but Perosh could sub him in my opinion.

Yep, pretty sure that's where the 'Hippo' moniker came from, the fact that he has a very heavy top game. A (large) brown belt I knew a few years ago mentioned that he had rolled with Perosh a few times in Sydney and he has 'soul crushing pressure' when he gets on top of you. This was years before he appeared in the UFC.

The problem with Perosh (and the many other BJJ oriented fighters) in the UFC will always be the conjecture about whether he can get the fight to where he wants it. There are so many great grapplers in the UFC now, with many more about to be uncovered, eventually guys like Perosh will not be able to compete.
But whatever. I'm really enjoying his current run in the UFC, hopefully he gets a couple more fights, and a couple more good match ups :)
War PEROSH!

Perosh is a glass cannon. He can blast it out, but he sure can't take it.

Bader will kill him. Putting a LOT of $$$ on this fight. Bader looked phenomenal in his last 2 fights against Matyushenko and Texiera.

No way do I see Perosh beating Bader unless he somehow manages to catch Bader flush on chin. But Perosh himself has a terrible chin.

The real focus should be on Perosh's striking. He proved by KOing Vinny that he has K1 level striking.

Bader size and power will be too much for perosh. Bader by KO, first round

Hippo has the best BJJ in the LHW division.

Hippo is going to dispatch of Bader with simplistic ease.

Bader got choked out by Tito for Christ sake.

I can only imagine what the hippo is going to do to Bader.

Hippo is going to dispatch of Bader with simplistic ease.

Bader got choked out by Tito for Christ sake.

I can only imagine what the hippo is going to do to Bader.

Well that's because Tito clipped him first but even then that makes it possible for Perosh to do because at this stage if Tito can do it, anyone can.

Well Hippo has better striking then Tito, so Bader is fucked.

Man another terrible match up for The Hippo...wtf. Hope he can pull a Tito and rock Bader then submit him. I would cream.

Load your vCash on the mighty Hippo, he's a sure bet.

I hope Perosh rocks him and snatches up a choke.

I like Perosh, he seems like a cool guy, and him getting a few good wins at his age is sweet. But I'm not at all optomistic about him beating Bader. I'm going to this event, so I hope he can do it, but I think it's pretty telling that the UFC powers that be broke their rule of matchmaking winners with winners, losers with losers. I think they expect Bader tonget back in the winners circle here.

Big Perosh fan but can't see how he will do it. I haven't seen him do much from the bottom offensively but he's top control is excellent. He is pretty strong at LHW..a fairly decent sized at LHW considering he's spent a lot of his career at HW and is a very accomplished grappler, one of the best Australia has. His striking seems a bit awkwardy and stiff, seems nearly simimlar to Elvis Sinosics..which isn't a suprise since they train together. But, he does actually have some decent power..it will be interesting to see if Bader chooses to trade and clinch with him or actually takes it to the ground..but I see Bader just being to big and strong and will take this fight where ever he can. Every fight Perosh gets written off but the dude has suprised many and had a decent streak after the CC fight.

Diabate's problem has been his ground, which he's recently worked on. Cro Cop easily maintaining top position on him sticks to my mind when I think of Perosh's guard. Bader shouldn't be in trouble with him, he's not getting taken down. Bader likely knocks him out.

We may see another invisible cigar moment with Perosh.

Back