Crime Perjuring the Swamp (New report: Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress) +WOW+ (SCO Thread v. 27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume my question about the stated definition of propaganda and how the BuzzFeed story fit into that definition won't be answered.

I guess it's safe to say that if the story about Conor McGregor turns out not to be true, it was maliciously written to cause harm to his public persona.

If Republicans really believed there was nothing of substance, they wouldn't have insisted for 30k posts "There is no collusion!" before changing to, "Collusion isn't a crime" before changing to, "Trump wasn't party to criminal collusion."
I've hardly set foot in these threads so I don't know.

Well, first, I'm not Ryan Saavedra; second, those news outlets never desist from publishing news proven false; third, there weren't any bot mills or services (like Facebook) which artificially pushed these stories up to the top out of concert with normal trending protocol, and finally, fourth, I wouldn't dispute that this specific report (not those reporting its objective existence) turned out to be "fake news".

I can see that you believe "fake news" is a problem, and since you do, I think you can agree that the objectively greater frequency with which such news has been shared on social media has been shared by right-wing posters in support of Donald Trump is a serious problem.

Or do you not have a problem with "fake news"? It would seem it bothers you only when it is against Trump, and not when it is (overwhelmingly more likely) to support him, or to harm his antagonists like Hillary Clinton.

That was a really long response just to say... "yeah, but what about......"

I was just showing you how modern "fake news" works.
BuzzFeed creates s*** story
CNN and other news outlets talk about s*** story.
BuzzFeed story crumbles.
damage is already done .

If you want me to concede that Facebook's algorithm of fake news stories is the same as CNN .....I will not.

You assume there’s truth to the story (which showed no evidence) instead of rightfully tossing it aside as false.
If we're talking about the Conor thing, you've no reason to talk fake news, because I don't assume that.

You should look up what I wrote in the thread instead of running your mouth.

If you're referring to the BF story my position again has been given the caveat huge if true.

If Republicans really believed there was nothing of substance, they wouldn't have insisted for 30k posts "There is no collusion!" before changing to, "Collusion isn't a crime" before changing to, "Trump wasn't party to criminal collusion."
They're not Republicans, they're Trump supporters.

They're not Republicans, they're Trump supporters.
I'm just maintaining symmetry.
That was a really long response just to say... "yeah, but what about......"

I was just showing you how modern "fake news" works.
BuzzFeed creates s*** story
CNN and other news outlets talk about s*** story.
BuzzFeed story crumbles.
damage is already done .

If you want me to concede that Facebook's algorithm of fake news stories is the same as CNN .....I will not.
Demonstrate this. Prove it.

The incredible amount of fake news that was circulating in support of Trump has been connected by researchers to demonstrably elevated rates of objectively inaccurate belief among Trump supporters pertaining to their issues of interference (ex. that the FBI wire-tapped and was spying on Trump in 2016).

If the Democrats? I know the answer to this question already but are you stupid?

Mueller knows the answers and once the Dems start interviewing these crooks they will know it to.

Why do you feel the need to defend daddy at all costs? Also, only dum dums like you post, this is it because the rest of us understand how the system works

If Mueller had anything of value that show Trump was colluding with Russia or that Trump was compromised by Russia. Can you answer the following questions.

Do you think the impeachment process would have started by now?

Do you think he would still be allowed to run the 'Free World' if it was true?

If Mueller had anything of value that show Trump was colluding with Russia or that Trump was compromised by Russia. Can you answer the following questions.
Do you think the impeachment process would have started by now?
do you think he would still be allowed to run the Free World if it was true?

1. No
2. Yes

Because that’s how government works. He hasn’t been found guilty or even charged. Also idiotic Republicans in Congress wouldn’t impeach him if he killed someone. Now that Dems have the house it will happen.

Let me ask you, wouldn’t the investigation be over by now if Mueller had nothing?

Also, why is everyone in the Trump campaign and Trump himself lying about all things Russia? Why would they have to lie?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mueller-buzzfeed-cohen-trump-congress-1.4985084

This just popped up on the my phone. Apparently buzzfeed got it wrong.

Edit: seems I’m a bit late...

the statement is worded very interestingly. Remember the sdny and mueller are both handling or handled Cohen. lots of stuff going on.
It's so incredibly vague it could mean anything from a denial to a slight difference. I like that it reminds us to wait for the report before feeling being sure of anything but regardless it's just one aspect of a multifaceted situation and I still think Trump's presidency will not survive this, even if only to prevent him from seeking re-election.

can i make a joke about the mod notes, i didnt see that restriction in the mod notes.

dont believe anything a guy that is going to prison for lying says. I have dealt with liars in my life and they will swear on their dead mother to complete a lie

1. No
2. Yes

Because that’s how government works. He hasn’t been found guilty or even charged. Also idiotic Republicans in Congress wouldn’t impeach him if he killed someone. Now that Dems have the house it will happen.

Let me ask you, wouldn’t the investigation be over by now if Mueller had nothing?

Also, why is everyone in the Trump campaign and Trump himself lying about all things Russia? Why would they have to lie?

How long did the Benghazi investigations last?

Is hilldog in prison yet?

Welcome to politics...

If you're referring to the BF story my position again has been given the caveat huge if true.

I could post an Alex Jones article about the Democrats being pedophile vampires and say “huge if true” and it would be the same as your “huge if true” post about the buzzfeed story. Only no one of the stature of Bob Mueller or involved in any investigation has come out and called the Alex Jones story inaccurate.

1. No
2. Yes

I did not say Mueller's investigation has nothing. They made arrests and convictions.
I only speak of collusion with Russia or Trump being compromised

If you truly think Republicans would not impeach Trump if they found out he colluded with Russia to win the presidential election.... your vision is too cloudy, my friend.
Behind closed doors most would be happy for Trump to get the boot.

Trump 'appreciates' Mueller's statement on report's accuracy

"It was a total phony story and I appreciate the special counsel coming out with a statement last night. I think it was very appropriate that they did so," Trump told reporters at the White House on Saturday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fi...utes-accuracy-report-055425760--politics.html
---

So Trump gives credit to Mueller when the narrative benefits Trump, but he will attack Mueller in all other situations. Reminds me of Trump lauding former FBI director Comey then attacking him when Comey wouldn't do what Trump wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back