perhaps the best gripper idea ever

Diligent said:
"Yeah ... well, I lost my job, too ...." - Harry

"Hehehehe, you are one pathetic loser ... no offense." -Lloyd

"Oh, no. Non taken." -Harry

:D

LOL! You love referencing that film don't you?

Urban said:
In a decade when I've accomplished more feats, when I've learned more, when I've made bigger strides towards my conception of the platonic ideal of greatness through my work in a gym than you will from any facet of your life in twice the time, I'm sure I will look back and be VERY glad I started ten years ealier.

Fuck off and take your snide, cowardly attitude with you, I have no time for your horse shit any longer.

Well said, Urban.

Isn't the bigger loser the one who finds the time to chime in on threads he cares nothing about? I think so... no offense, Opeth, but you're kind of a douche bag. Well, OK, not "kind of" -- I guess I just didn't know how to say it without being blunt.

I think I have found the best grip tool. Its an addition to the hose clamp holding the gripper close. A lot of grip guys think the close (the last inch or two) is the hardest and most important. So, therefore people come up with ways to work that without doing as much for the sweep.

I got an SE (similar to an IM4) with an extended handle from a buddy of mine. Its great because its so hard, and with the one extended handle it makes it much easier to force close. (I put the long handle finger side and on the chair i am sitting on, then I can use my whole body to lean into the gripper to close it with my other hand on the spring, in essance its a very hard negative). The problem is an SE is very hard and i was afraid that by the time i closed it my hand would be in a different position than if I closed a gripper normally. So, I hose clamped it. Now I can get my hands around it perfectly and force close it and work that last inch or two with incredible amounts of pressure. So, I just lean into it, close it, and slowly back my weight off it. I plan to use this very narrow to start and use my IM3 not as much. Then as I get stronger I plan to open up the SE a bit and use my IM3 more often to make sure I can keep on working the sweep and the set.

I have been hitting grip pretty hard lately and haven't been sore in a while. I did 3 holds with this last night and this morning felt sore along the ulnar side of my forearm. I love this thing.

I want to make this clear, I am talking about the gripper on the left of that picture... aww fuck it, I'll post a pic of mine so you can see EXACTLY what I'm talking about, cause you fucks are getting the hose clamp choker and the hose clamp on the spring mixed up:
100_1376.jpg

and to make it abundently clear:
100_1377.jpg

I should have been more specific about which gripper I was talking about in the original pic. As far as the merits of using a choker, I wouldn't know cause I don't use them. The Idea is to work on the end of the close (like RJKD said) cause it's the hardest part. To do this you get a harder gripper than you can close without a choker, slap a choker on it and try to close it then. I don't like the idea of taking something difficult and making it easy enough to do, I prefer taking something easy and making it harder. As such I say fuck chokers. Grind your grippers and slap a hose clamp on them to make them tougher, to try to make a three easier.

I see where you are coming from Urban. A choker is no different than doing short range partials. I don't use a choker so i can get the feeling of closing my 3 and then get all giddy. I use it as a training implement that I think, in comparison to not using it, will get me to closing my 3 sooner.

Many people who have excelled in the grip world like chokers a lot, but on a similar note, others have never used them. Just do what feels good.

Back