Performance of the year?

For Diaz? Fuck no. He actually has a good case for the Alvarez fight.

The question to ask newbie.......is why didn't Conor offer Nate an immediate rematch after 202?

/of thread and good night
Because he was going for the 155 lb belt like he planned to before RDA pulled out not hard to figure out.

As i said i started out as a Conor hater, but i gained respect for him after 202.
I didn't think that was too impressive. The Alvarez fight was a spectacular performance though

I didn't think that was too impressive. The Alvarez fight was a spectacular performance though
He didn't win in spectacular fashion like he did at 205, BUT you have to factor in the circumstances. Remember 11 days notice skinnyfat Diaz made Conor quit the first contest.

Aldo would never ever fight Nate at 170 i guarantee you that
Yes because Aldo doesn't fight bums. Aldo would kill Nate Diaz, it's a perfect style match up for him. A mediocre lightweight who doesn't know how to check kicks. Easy fight for Aldo but it wouldn't make any sense to have that fight

Meh

He arguably lost the rematch as well...

Probably gotta go with Mike perry.

He was injured and still fought this weekend.

Any other fighter would've pulled out

He didn't win in spectacular fashion like he did at 205, BUT you have to factor in the circumstances. Remember 11 days notice skinnyfat Diaz made Conor quit the first contest.
It was a gruelling fight, I have to respect Mcgregor for showing heart in that one. But performance of the year would have to be a dominant victory

Yes because Aldo doesn't fight bums. Aldo would kill Nate Diaz, it's a perfect style match up for him. A mediocre lightweight who doesn't know how to check kicks. Easy fight for Aldo but it wouldn't make any sense to have that fight
Whatever you say lol he would be a huge underdog fighting Diaz at 170 he fought manny Gamburyan for a title stop being a moron just because some Conor fans are. Also who turned down the rematch after stating they were ready anytime anywhere I forget?

You bring up Ronda hiding for a year to try and make Conor seem like some superman who is only brave enough to do things other fighters can't. Pretty much any fighter in the UFC besides Ronda and Aldo would jump at the chance to rematch a fighter who just beat them, difference is UFC doesn't let them.

Whatever you say lol he would be a huge underdog fighting Diaz at 170 he fought manny Gamburyan for a title stop being a moron just because some Conor fans are. Also who turned down the rematch after stating they were ready anytime anywhere I forget?
Already heard that argument too many times, you know Aldo had no training camp and was only cleared to begin sparring. Who got stripped of their title for ducking the Aldo rematch?

Pretty much any fighter in the UFC besides Ronda and Aldo would jump at the chance to rematch a fighter who just beat them, difference is UFC doesn't let them.
Wait what lol?? Aldo was going to retire because they won't make the rematch happen!

The only reason the Nate fight took place was because RDA pulled out then aldo turned down the rematch. I guess Conor could have played it safe like aldo would have done and just waited until Gamburyan was ready for another title shot at 145

He was more impressive in the Alvarez fight, Ive never seen someone so relaxed in a fight. Ever!

alvarez_eddie_mcgregor_ufc205-1040x572.jpg

When did you start watching MMA? Watch some Anderson Silva fights when he was in his prime

Already heard that argument too many times, you know Aldo had no training camp and was only cleared to begin sparring. Who got stripped of their title for ducking the Aldo rematch?
So aldo turned down the rematch which was offered to him pretty sure that's not Conor running away that's the only point if he doesn't want to risk it that's fine but once you lose you're the one chasing not the other way around. Yeah aldo is the 145 champ no argument there but we all saw what happened when he finally did get in the cage with Conor can't change history.

Performance of the year? Hmmmm? I'd have to say fat, tequila-breath, hung over Nate Diaz rolling off the coach from Cabo San Lucas and making Conor McGregor beg for his life (using sign language because his throat was constructed) in front of the whole world. Yea... I'd say that was the performance of the year.
You can say Conor "won" the rematch if you're a liberal, but the fact is; Nate ends Conor's life right there on the spot if no referee saves conor. Conor ended fight #2 with Nate on top of him AGAIN raining down blows and about to choke him out and make him beg again
Yeah it's ridiculous that someone could say Conor who is supposedly the GOAT and fearless, winning a split decision in a fight where he was looking for revenge, is more impressive than underdog short notice Nate Diaz finishing a seemingly unstoppable Conor.

Wait what lol?? Aldo was going to retire because they won't make the rematch happen!
They both played it wrong. I dont know if it was Aldo or his PR team who wrote anytime, anywhere, anyplace, BUT he shoulda never wrote that, and thats a fact, but i agree Conor shoulda defended his belt at 205, but it is what it is.

Back