Pereira v Price, Best MMA Guard Pass?

Zaromskis used to do that all the time... it's pretty stupid, and only worked here because Price was hoping for a foul call.

Simply ridiculous.

Craziest part is Pereira did this less than 1 min into the 2nd round when match outcome was anything but foregone. Can't imagine his coach was very happy with this and could have easily been an upkick KO for Price.

Reminds me of Chad Mendes doing the front flip version. Pereira's worked a lot better but was risky as hell.

Zaromskis used to do that all the time... it's pretty stupid, and only worked here because Price was hoping for a foul call.

Oh it’s clearly a pretty terrible idea, where only 10% likely it will work the way you want, and probably a 20% chance you get brutally KO’d for no good reason. But all the more fun to see.

Zaromskis on Ikemoto is my favourite. Someone in One FC did it too and landed with both feet on the guy's dick.

Craziest part is Pereira did this less than 1 min into the 2nd round when match outcome was anything but foregone. Can't imagine his coach was very happy with this and could have easily been an upkick KO for Price.

Reminds me of Chad Mendes doing the front flip version. Pereira's worked a lot better but was risky as hell.

If you watch Pereiras fights. He does it almost every fight. Sometimes successful, sometimes not.

If you watch Pereiras fights. He does it almost every fight. Sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Didn't know that - still seems like a hella risky move but seems like he's a got a plan. Here he is backflipping off the scale at the ceremonial weigh ins (WTF) after weighing in dehydrated less than 7 hours earlier:

marked:

I prefer the Hunt guard pass

SelfreliantConsciousAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Back