Percentage of UFC-fighters making enough $ to retire?

Not even close. The general public work until social security, you can't fight until social security.

Your saying UFC fighters on average have less assets and nestegg then the general public?

maybe in the Haptons or the hills of Cali. but the average every day citizen will probably have less.

And who said anything about when they stop fighting. you dont think guys still have sponsers?

You think chuck or randy havnt still made a fortune off there names after fighting?

retirement-nightmare.png

If you were born 1960 or later your retirement age is 67 so I'd assume the 3% still working is part of that group. Plus they lump the people on SS disability in the 63% group.

On the other hand, my brothers joined the military at 18 and retired at 39 and 40 and are collecting fat retirement benefits that they could live on. Plus they both have jobs now and are making even more.
I joined at 18 but got out early and didn't retire. But if I would have retired at 38 (after 20 years of service) I would now be making around $30k a year with full medical benefits. If I would have stayed in 30 years I would be making around $45k a year for sitting on my ass.

Anybody who says McGregor & Rousey couldn't retire right now just because they don't like them is delusional.
By the way he spends it on cars (awful investment), watches and awful clothes... I bet he would not last long without a steady income.

Hey TS, why the f*ck do you care? There was a billion threads about fighter pay. Why did you find the need to start another one? The topic is over and done with. Time to worry about your own finances.

depends how big their name is, and how effective they are at leveraging that name- like for starting a gym or clothing company or w/e

I shouldn't pretend to know what's up and what's down, here; I'm amazed that these mma-oriented clothing companies can even stay afloat. Who the fuck is buying all these shirts??

It really comes down to how good they are with money. If they're as wasteful as Tyson was, none, clearly. But if they're fine with living a good life without wasting ridiculous amounts of money on expensive cars and several houses, some of them.

Many, many guys i can think of should be able retire comfortably if they know how to run a business and invest their money right.
It aint too much about how much you make but how do you use it. Most of these guys make in on fight what i make in a year. Guys with 10 + years in the game must have invested money in other things. (I hope.....)

Very few people on the roster could retire. Robbie definitely couldn't for instance. Connor will be able to after the RDA fight if hasn't blown too much already.

To retire by 40, someone would likely need at least $5 million invested, which translates to around $12 million earned if you are frugal and live somewhere that doesn't double tax you.

Back