Rumored Per Russian Media - Volkov out due to USADA violation

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Russian media are reporting that Alexander Volkov was pulled from his fight against Alistair Overeem due to a potential USADA violation.

https://matchtv.ru/boxing/matchtvne...tija_Volkova_s_turnira_UFC_v_Sankt_Peterburge

The reason for removing Russian heavyweight Alexander Volkov from the UFC tournament in St. Petersburg has become known. It has been revealed to "Match TV", the reason for removing the Russians from the tournament was the violation of the anti-doping promotion policy. Alexander Volkov was due to meet with Alistair Overeem in the main event of UFC Fight Night 149 in St. Petersburg. He will be replaced by another Russian, Alexey Oleinik.

For his part, Volkov has said it is due to "Health problems that do not depend on my personally"

Hello! I would like to clarify the situation with the cancellation of my fight. To my great regret, my fight will not take place due to health problems that do not depend on me personally. A lot of effort was put in preparation for this fight, and I really wanted to please you with a beautiful duel, but not all in our hands. I do not give up, I am sure that soon you will see me in the octagon in better shape. Thank you all for your support!

If the reports are true, Volkov would be the 8th violation by a Russian athlete under the USADA program. There have been just 44 Russians in the UFC since the program started in 2015

Russia 8 violations from 44 fighters - 5.5 fighters per violation
Brazil 19/142 - 7.4 fighters per violation
Great Britain 3/40 - 13.33 fighters per violation
United States 26/452 - 17.38 fighters per violation

Last edited:
If the reports are true, Volkov would be the 8th violation by a Russian athlete under the USADA program. There have been just 44 Russians in the UFC since the program started in 2015
Are two of those Magomed?

A true comedy that the UFC and USADA declared they would no longer announce these things, as though this in any way enhances their integrity.

Russians are dopeheads watch icurus they been doing it all along been cheating in the Olympics the entire time

4mEYQ0O.jpg

This was posted like two days ago.

I thought this was going to be official confirmation coming from you.

You lost your touch Dim.

<21>

Black Beast really did a number it seems.

Are two of those Magomed?

He is three of them. But even if you bundled all of his into one, Russia would still have the highest rate of violations per fighter (marginally ahead of brazil)

This was posted like two days ago.

I thought this was going to be official confirmation coming from you.

You lost your touch Dim.

<21>

I searched the forum for Volkov for the last five days, nothing.

So whoever did a thread has lost their touch in titles..

(Oh and Alex didnt even post till last night, and that report didnt go up till last night so not sure how it could have been reported 2 days ago)

There’s never been a clean Russian athlete in the history of mankind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m actually more excited to see Overeem vs. Oleynik anyway.

tenor.gif

He needed some outside help after not being able to finish BB.

Overturn all his wins and throw him in jail for life

Back