News Per Dana Tony Ferguson Set To Fight TBA Fighter

Who Wins?

• Total voters
lol what an idiotic statement, Tony and whoever wants to fight him should be on hold because Dustin is not happy with the contract he signed? the rest of the contenders can't take any big opportunities because of Dustin?

If you don't want things to be on hold you can just pay the man. You think guys like Dariush, Hooker, Felder or whoever the fuck that will fight for peanuts will become rightful contenders by jumping over guys who are better than them?

And what big opportunities? Opportunity to become next Poirier to get fucked over again when you finally want your fair share after all that work because some bum is on the line waiting his opportunity for much less money?

Reactions: Gio
If you don't want things to be on hold you can just pay the man. You think guys like Dariush, Hooker, Felder or whoever the fuck that will fight for peanuts will become rightful contenders by jumping over guys who are better than them?

And what big opportunities? Opportunity to become next Poirier to get fucked over again when you finally want your fair share after all that work because some bum is on the line waiting his opportunity for much less money?
Yes if Dariush or Da Bronx get offered the fight they will take it and would be in the same spot if not above Dustin if they win, a win over tony is better than one over hooker.

And not everyone has made the amount of money Dustin has in his career, whats "peanuts" to him might be life changin money to other fighters.

If Poirier didn't want to get "fucked over" maybe don't sign a contract you don't agree with next time?

Yes if Dariush or Da Bronx get offered the fight they will take it and would be in the same spot if not above Dustin if they win, a win over tony is better than one over hooker.

And not everyone has made the amount of money Dustin has in his career, whats "peanuts" to him might be life changin money to other fighters.

If Poirier didn't want to get "fucked over" maybe don't sign a contract you don't agree with next time?

Oliveira maybe but Dariush is absolutely not in a place to fight to be the next challenger if the rankings mean anything. You can't be the 11th, skip a murderers row including the main guy you should get through and fight someone who is in decline & got brutalized in his last fight to challenge Khabib. It's more about skipping Dustin than beating Tony. Tony himself was fighting Dustin to be the next challenger. Islam is 12th and i bet he beats Tony if they fight now. Does that mean he deserves to fight Tony?

Not everyone fought as much as Poirier did. And not against the same level of competition. Just because he's earned more in total throughout his career doesn't mean he's gotten paid fairly and shouldn't ask for his fair share now. The UFC has made infinitely more than all their fighters combined. What's peanuts for them can be life changing money for the fighters. Maybe they should stop being such cheapoes especially to their A level talent who bring it anytime they fight.

Dustin's negotiation skills are his concern. He should be able to renegotiate if the UFC is able cut fighters after an L without paying the rest of the contract. But would things have gone differently had he asked for more money before the Hooker fight or would he have gotten replaced again by another low rank? My issue is with the opportunists who sell themselves cheap allowing promoters to use them as leverage. Not realizing it will bite them in the ass next time. But that's their decision at the end of the day i just wish them some cte to let them see if it's really worth it.

Last edited:
Agree with all of this, except DP is pretty damn old in fight years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall off the wagon any day now. I thought he already looked a lot less sharp against hooker, but that could have just been do to his lay off. I'll reserve judgement till I see him fight again

That's fair but I thought that vs Jim Miller and vs Eddie too...I think he's just a dog and has more fight in him.

However Dustin has poor takedown defense, he was taken down 5 or 6 times vs Hooker? He was taken down vs Cub at in important parts of their fight too. Hell his very first loss to Castillo he eas domonated by wrestling. He's super well rounded but having just above average takedown defense makes me feel like Khabibs win over him wasnt so impressive honestly.

That's fair but I thought that vs Jim Miller and vs Eddie too...I think he's just a dog and has more fight in him.

However Dustin has poor takedown defense, he was taken down 5 or 6 times vs Hooker? He was taken down vs Cub at in important parts of their fight too. Hell his very first loss to Castillo he eas domonated by wrestling. He's super well rounded but having just above average takedown defense makes me feel like Khabibs win over him wasnt so impressive honestly.

Wrestling and southpaws seems to be his kryptonite. I always attributed Jim millers success due to the fact that he's a southpaw with decent wrestling. It seems like southpaw's just have better luck getting around that guard of Dustin's.

Tba
mma-fighter-silhouette-5.png

chandler can fight immediately. you only have to go through the 6 months if you left usada pool. chandler was never in it

It would be a waste of time and resources to test him anyways. There’s no way he’s not clean.

Having a mental breakdown and nearly losing his family is a very elaborate method of ducking a fight.
You have the order wrong.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/tony-has-refused-the-offer-calls-out-conor-again.3914841/

Tony first called out Max after his Ortega fight in a tweet. Then the UFC came to him with the offer.

He then posted that stupid tweet of his in the link above.

They then skipped his ass and that's when he got his mental breakdown.
He felt Audi deceived him and realized he would never get the Conrat and left them

So wait, if it's Chandler, does that mean a non-UFC MMA fighter who signs a contract doesn't need to be in the USADA testing pool for several months before fighting?

chandler can fight immediately. you only have to go through the 6 months if you left usada pool. chandler was never in it

he’s eligible to fight immediately

Interesting. That doesn’t make much sense though. Is there a source on that?

why did Brock need the USADA exemption then? Wasn’t he retired long before USADA?
(Edit - Yeah, he was done in 2011 and USADA started summer 2015)

Interesting. That doesn’t make much sense though. Is there a source on that?

why did Brock need the USADA exemption then? Wasn’t he retired long before USADA?
(Edit - Yeah, he was done in 2011 and USADA started summer 2015)
think about it. how many late replacements get signed to ufc contracts the week of the fight since covid started?

think about it. how many late replacements get signed to ufc contracts the week of the fight since covid started?
I suppose.

I’m still confused as to why They made a big deal about Brock getting a USADa waiver since he never fought under USADa.

Back