People who work at home get more hate imo

shanegotu11

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I feel like in general that if you make 40k at home compared to 40k at a office that you get looked down upon if you work at home. People believe you should have dinner ready, clean and do home maker stuff.

What's your opinion? Do ppl who work from home get more hate then ppl who leave home?

I work at home 60% of the time. I make a nice 6 figure salary.

As long as the work gets done, who cares? That being said, at my last job, there were a lot of people who "worked from home" who never did a fucking thing. They were basically getting rewarded for towing management's narrative when I dined them out for embezzlement.

Being an entrepreneur is rare territory, so assumptions abound. It gets annoying.

When people tell me what they would do if they were me, I'm all.....cool story bro.

mma-reaction-gifs-jose-aldo-no-expression.gif

yea, its true.

when ppl realize i work from home they think i must be the laziest mofo in the world. when they hear the job, they know i am

meanwhile im working 18hr days more often than not and studying like a mofo in between work. lol.

Go to Law School
Oh. You're the exception, not the rule. My cousin and his wife are both lawyers. She does estate law and a little family practice, while he does mostly education law and works appeals for the DA's office. They definitely aren't poor, but they aren't as well-off as you'd think a pair of lawyers would be. From what I understand, the market is saturated, so it's not worth getting a JD unless it's from a Top 20 school.

people are idiots. i know a few guys who work from home, and they work more hours than i do. their job is like any other - they have conference calls, phone meetings, deadlines, etc.

but they get to do it all from home. no morning commute, no dealing with rude coworkers. it's a fuckin dream job.

only way i could work from home is if i love my work. if i don't like it, then there's no way i'd be productive at home. i'd be playing video games or watching netflix instead and procrastinating way too much.

I wouldn't want to work from home. Boring and too quiet.

People that assume you are less productive at home vs being in an office are most likely projecting their own lack of discipline.

Anybody who wants to commute unnecessarily for "cred" is a goofasaurus.

I wouldn't want to work from home. Boring and too quiet.
IMO the worst part is not having any sexy office girls to brighten your day. I think the ideal schedule is going into the office about two days per week.

Back