People who say jouban was running....

He was avoiding engaging enough for he criticisms be warranted. Perry never stopped moving forward which should be taken into ccount along with the fact he was never threatened. He got surprised and fell but ally rocked standing. Perry needs to box more but there was definately consistent avoidance of engagement going on
Sorry, 'moving forward' is not taken into account. Getting dropped and outstruck is being threatened.

This isn't a game of chicken, it's a sportfight where you try to cause as much damage as you can while taking the least damage possible.

I love aggressive forward fighters when they are effective AND I love long counter-fighters when they're effective.

Tonight, Alan Jouban was considerably more effective than Mike Perry. Perry will be fine if he just keeps training and fighting. He just wasn't able to deal with a long fighting southpaw tonight.

I don't appreciate rule breaking or dirty crap but that did not apply here at all.

People who say that are just trolls. Don't take them seriously.

None of those people have been in a fight anyway.

Plat was pushing the action but Jouban was just not fighting. Plat even had to pull guard twice ffs

Well if he ran, it was a short sprint
McGregor ran a marathon against Diaz though

Plat was pushing the action but Jouban was just not fighting. Plat even had to pull guard twice ffs

Ah, so that's how Perry won the fight, because Jouban was "not fighting".

Smart game plan. Outstruck PMP too.

Lol oh he ran now?
Nah, homie. He walked. Cat-walked all over Platty's silly tatted up face.

Yeah, Jouban fought long and a lot of guys can't pull that off. It takes a ton of skill, experience and energy.

He did fine when shit got up close and personal, too.

Perry got outclassed. That said, I hope Perry bounces back - I don't hate him or anything; just don't like a few of his more cro-magnon swingers.

The better fighter won tonight. AJ fought a great fight.

If Perry can get an orthodox fighter with even a little less skill next time, he'll probably highlight reel him.

Yep, he skillfully avoided the only chance Perry had to win the fight. Perry had nothing to counter it but to chase and eat shots. He got wheel-kicked ffs lol

They should make Perry vs Sage lol

Just watched the fight, Perry got beaten up bad, his entire right side and midsection were red from the countless kicks he took. Not to mention that welted up lead left leg. Counter-striking clinic from Brahma, great performance overall.

He was avoiding engaging enough for he criticisms be warranted. Perry never stopped moving forward which should be taken into ccount along with the fact he was never threatened. He got surprised and fell but ally rocked standing. Perry needs to box more but there was definately consistent avoidance of engagement going on

No he wasn't.

You don't get outstruck 69 to 37, and outhrown 133-90, along with two takedowns and 2 knockdowns -- by someone avoiding you.

All that happens when you have no skill other than to consistently walk into punches and block them with your face, have no takedown defense, and have basically no boxing other than to throw haymakers and hope you're fighting a can.

Walking forward into strikes is not effective aggression.

Jouban won the exchanges at all ranges anyway, so the running shit is bunk.

Also, he was getting in the pocket in the third round when he had two in the bank. Runners don't do that.

The old 'I walked him down the entire fight' bullshit.

You walked in to his kicks and punches and didnt land a damn thing. Perry has a punchers chance and jouban did not give him that chance.

Here i've read that Mcgregor ran from Nate, Condit ran from Diaz, Stipe ran from Doom....i am inmune to horseshit nowadays.
Stipe ran from Doom?!
Do you know how I know you don't watch MMA?!

He was running and was clearly looking point fighting
If you guys like that kind of fighters well I guess its ok

He was running and was clearly looking point fighting
If you guys like that kind of fighters well I guess its ok

Dumbarse. With two rounds in the bank he was still getting right in the pocket with Perry and whaling the shit out of him. That's not point fighting.

SHerdoggers need to erase this dumb, one sided view of martial arts/fighting. The best fighters DONT get hit. It is not a test to see who can take the most punishment. Being able to evade is a skill. You, Sherdogger, would not be able to jump in the cage right now and simply "run" for 5 minutes. You'd get caught quick and slept.

You should not get awarded for blocking punches with your face. If youre too dumb, or too tough to intelligently defend, that is on you. If a guy is "running" from you, then you need to change up your tactics and either cut him off, or bait him into coming to you. That is a skill, and a part of fighting. Running face first into punches, or flipping your opponent off and pointing is not a way to win a fight.

Back