1. Come join Sherdog writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos for our live video chat series called "The Trenches," live now, click here!

People who paid to fly out to UFC 196....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Apocalypse604, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Apocalypse604

Apocalypse604 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

How pissed are you?

I know a lot of people forked over a lot of dough to not only fly out, but purchase incredibly expensive tickets to see a champ vs champ fight. I am also going to vegas next week, but didnt pay for the arena tickets as it was outrageous. Im not too angry cause i was going to vegas anyway, but im sure some people are flying out specifically for the fight.

Will this hinder your chances of flying out next time, considering it seems there is always an injury right before the fight....i have a feeling RDA is gonna get a whole lot of hate for this.

2. FedorFanBoy

FedorFanBoy SLEEP EAT MMA REPEAT Double Yellow Card

I'm from a poor country so i never even dreamed of flying to ufc event. Maybe if i get my business going for few years... But i would be super pissed. Anyway, i dont hate RDA for this. If i would have to fight with broken foot and lose because of that to someone that laugh into my face and offend my family i would pull off the fight also. This fight was for honor so coming half healthy is not an option. Maybe some other time. Conor is not even old yet.

UkraineFreightTrain likes this.
  3. clear31

clear31 Green Belt

I'm disappointed but whatever. Just gonna refund my tickets, cancel the hotel and pay a penalty fee for the canceled flight. I really wasnt liking the 196 card anyway aside from the main and co main.

Probably just gonna go to 197 now instead but we'll see. I'm booked for 200 regardless

BucEmHard likes this.
  4. isnotnormal

isnotnormal White Belt

This is my second UFC event (supposed to be my 3rd), and ALL THREE HAD THE MAIN EVENT DROP OUT. I don't fly but it is a really long drive to Vegas so I am pissed.

I had a ticket to 184. I was stoked for two title fights and it was local and Weidman vs Vitor dropped out so I didn't go.

I also went to 189 which I was super angry when Aldo dropped out but that night ended up being awesome so it worked out. I'm hoping this one works out too. But this is the third time so this definitely hinders my chances of ever buying a ticket to another live event.

beephin likes this.
  5. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver White Belt

Not pissed at all because Las Vegas is a great trip no matter what. If it was in Canada or some Podunk city in America - very pissed!

6. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

Stop going to UFC events, please. :mad:

SOAzmayesh likes this.
  7. soulsstealer

soulsstealer Silver Belt

They still get conor so shouldnt be too disappointing.

8. beephin

beephin Black Belt

I had tickets for 184 as well. The original card was so stacked. I got my money back after weidman pulled out. So glad I didn't go

9. Exemplar

Exemplar Fuligin Belt

I'm not being a shit when I say this, but most sporting events have this same risk. This is not exclusive to this UFC event by any means.

10. Reason

Reason Black Belt

I went to 162 and 189, so I'm 1 for 2, so far. I didn't go to this one because I'm broke, luckily. So bummed about this.

Oh yeah, going from Australia or another far away country sucks. Especially when you hear Aldo pulled out the week before you are getting on the plane.

11. rush61

rush61 Brown Belt

Pissed I dont get to witness possible history but Vegas is vegas so not terribly pissed.

12. Algee

Algee White Belt

I'm pretty pissed. Glad conor will be there, but it's not the same stakes. No belt is on the line, iit makes everything totally different.

It really pisses me off but I'll still go and probably still have a great time.

Only thing that would make it better would be an aldo rematch. Don't give a fuck about seeing Diaz or cowboy fight conor. I mean really? No.

13. PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN Blue Belt

Yeah Vegas is fun, don't forget to visit the Green Door

14. ivory suit

ivory suit Purple Belt

I went to 189 when Aldo pulled out, I was devastated at first when I heard the news but it turned out to be the best card ever and one of the greatest weekends of my life

15. Apocalypse604

It just seems to happen all the time in the ufc. And what sporting event has this happened to where it nearly ruins the entire show...name one recent??

16. Apocalypse604

Should i cancel my reservations at lagasses stadium to watch the fight...its like $150 a person minimum you have to spend on food and drinks.....then again, i was gonna spend that anyway somewhere else i guess

17. Naos

Naos Green Belt

Poland is not a poor country.

18. gimp0

gimp0 Brown Belt

They flew out to watch Conor fight, so it doesn't matter.

19. clear31

clear31 Green Belt

I had tickets to see Knicks vs Lakers last season, the original hope was to see Kobe and Carmelo. Instead I witnessed a lot of players who arent even in the NBA anymore

20. El Fernas

El Fernas Red Belt

Im not a huge boxing fan but i dont recall any recent event where basically a fight close to the level of Floyd vs Manny got canceled two weeks before the fight. On team sports there isnt even a discussion, game will continue almost as if it never happened.