People who like different genres

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
I have this dumb little theory about why people seek out negative emotions that I’d like to put out.

-People who like rollercoasters and thrills and scary movies tend to be bored with their mundane life.
-People who like tv shows and movies that make you sad and wanna cry tend to have pent up emotions or trauma/sadness that they want to cry to release.

It’s normal to feel these things but a perfectly content person (no such thing) would not want to feel hugely negative emotions like fear, anger, and sadness when watching tv shows and movies for entertainment.

I have a couple soyboy friends who love sad, emotions anime’s. I know they are just pent up emo sad boys though.

I also know a dude who does way too many drugs and is super bored in his day to day life. Has the attention span of a goldfish. He needs super high adrenaline scary movies to even fully pay attention. He wanted to watch that new conjuring movie but I’m a pussy so I was like fuck that dude. Let’s watch something like Candyman. Kind of a compromise. He didn’t pay attention to the movie at all. It captivated my attention but god damn was that movie shitty lol.

Last edited:
Or some people are naturally thrill seekers, and some are bitches?
Obviously. But why are they thrill seekers or bitches? Seeking negative emotions for entertainment. I just explained it to you my son

I like experimenting in the bedroom to get my thrills.....am pretty close to perfecting all 3 positions, in fact.

I mean, I watch horror movies but none of them scare me. When your reality has been just as bad as anything in a horror film you just think, well this is nothing. It’s still enjoyable tho.

As for sad films, they’re comforting. I don’t cry. They just make me feel calm and content. They relax me when I’m feeling down.

I mean, I watch horror movies but none of them scare me. When your reality has been just as bad as anything in a horror film you just think, well this is nothing. It’s still enjoyable tho.

As for sad films, they’re comforting. I don’t cry. They just make me feel calm and content. They relax me when I’m feeling down.
Wtf? How can your reality be as bad as demons eating you or something like that? Or a ghost possessing you and chopping off your arm and living in your house

Schizophrenia. Trauma. Life can be a trip.
Damn ok. My friend is schizoaffective and I know a lot of meth addicts who have lost their minds. That shit is actually like a real life scary movie 24/7

The title of the thread is rather different from what you're asking.

And what do you mean you're too p***y to watch a horror movie? So much for manliness...thank you leftism.

Wtf? How can your reality be as bad as demons eating you or something like that? Or a ghost possessing you and chopping off your arm and living in your house
Have you ever been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic after eating A 5 layer cheesy burrito from Taco Bell? True horror.

I have a couple soyboy friends who love sad, emotions anime’s. .

i love anime but sweet God if I have to read about one more dumb little bitch on r/anime talk about how he cried like a baby or about post anime depression i am going to bitch about it even more

i don't remember it being like this back in the day

"oh i cried at the end of Ninja Scroll"...i don't fucking think so

Honestly I'd turn it around and say often its dislike of certain genres that probably tells you more about someones hangups.

I have this dumb little theory about why people seek out negative emotions that I’d like to put out.

-People who like rollercoasters and thrills and scary movies tend to be bored with their mundane life.
-People who like tv shows and movies that make you sad and wanna cry tend to have pent up emotions or trauma/sadness that they want to cry to release.

It’s normal to feel these things but a perfectly content person (no such thing) would not want to feel hugely negative emotions like fear, anger, and sadness when watching tv shows and movies for entertainment.

I have a couple soyboy friends who love sad, emotions anime’s. I know they are just pent up emo sad boys though.

I also know a dude who does way too many drugs and is super bored in his day to day life. Has the attention span of a goldfish. He needs super high adrenaline scary movies to even fully pay attention. He wanted to watch that new conjuring movie but I’m a pussy so I was like fuck that dude. Let’s watch something like Candyman. Kind of a compromise. He didn’t pay attention to the movie at all. It captivated my attention but god damn was that movie shitty lol.
Or……..some folks are normal well adjusted people that like variety?

Back