People trying to push the narrative that Tyron is "unlikeable"...

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.
She raised him to be the success he is today. His mom is clearly his hero. She had hopes of raising her family alongside her husband who up and left them. A single parent isn’t making enough to raise that entire family. You sound like a sheltered punk.

That era of Maia and wonderboy 1 and 2 was a real rough patch. For the fans , UFC and especially Woodley. Tyron took the full brunt of it especially with the injury and long layoff. I think everyone was just really frustrated and it showed. Stuff was said and later regretted from all sides. So glad its over and the divison is rolling again.

I am super stoked. WW needed a break from all the bullshit . Tyron needed a good scrap. Till needed to be humbled. Now Colby needs to be shut up.. ;)

It all worked out. Haters will always be here hating. He converted a few . Can't convert em all to fans though. There will always be some people who don't like him. Just how some people hate on GSP. It is nothing new.

Scarface did good deeds. Even tried to buy his momma a house.

miriamcoloninscarface.jpg

Don't make him a "likeable" person.

sure it does, Scarface is one of the most popular movies of all time and an all time classic.

people don't watch something they don't like.

If he was likeable then logically there wouldn't be people calling him unlikable.

Checkmate atheists.

He's unlikable on-air as a fighter. He has the same problem Stipe has.

With Tyron, he's always got the same look on his face. Never happy, never sad. Just that same blank face. If you hear his interviews, he seems like a good dude but it doesn't translate when he's fighting. Stipe is the same where he seems hilarious when he's not fighting and then when he's fighting, it looks like he's bored out of his mind.

Even Fedor winked and smiled. People say he was emotionless but he always looked determined to me. It was different from Tyron or Stipe.

I think if Woodley showed a bit more charisma before, during an after his fighters, he'd be more loved. Like it or not, entertainment is part of the game and he comes across as really bland. He reminds me of a pro-wrestler with all of the looks and talent but none of the charisma.

again, its easier to market him as unlikable as opposed to likable. the only hero draw in the ufc is GSP. brock, conor, ronda are all heels. silva's biggest draw was chael. jones draws more than cormier. etc etc

Dont hate the guy, if he stops complaining all the time and fights like he just did and not like wonderboy, maia then I hope he continues triggering Dana.
Tyron had 22 fights (21 before Till) and everyone refers to the same 3 fights when calling the dude boring. The really funny thing is that one of the boring fights was 'Fight Of The Night' and Maia did the same shit in the Silva fight and for some reason everyone blamed Silva for it. People need to stop listening to Dana and judge for themselves.

Tyron had 22 fights (21 before Till) and everyone refers to the same 3 fights when calling the dude boring. The really funny thing is that one of the boring fights was 'Fight Of The Night' and Maia did the same shit in the Silva fight and for some reason everyone blamed Silva for it. People need to stop listening to Dana and judge for themselves.
You make a good point. I think its more the asking for huge money fights when he at the time put on a shit show. Trust me I dont listen to Dana. Do the opposite and thats usually what will happen or its the truth.

He's likeable as a person, his entitled attitude when it comes to career turns people off.

<WellThere>

You're putting the cart before the horse. He won a SD then sat out for a year and a half cause he felt he was owed a title shot and didn't want to risk losing to prove it. He then put on a couple of absolute stinkers and praised himself for them and blamed the fans and called them racist for calling the fights exactly what they were.

Most people liked him to begin with and jumped off the train when he started putting on shit fights and complaining that people didn't like them.
3CAEC22D-BD60-4293-A29D-C266105E4D2D.gif

Those 3 fights were the ones everybody had their eyes on.
His tittle defenses.
He KOd Lawler and then put 3 stinkers while asking for super fights and saying any critic or complaints towards him were do to people being racists .
If you can’t see how that turns people off you are blind.

Last edited:
I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.
what do you mean by this? i know very few people whos parents put them through college or bought them their own house. i have heard of people getting a free ride through school if their parents are well or they get their first car paid for but never have i heard of a parent buying a kid a place to live. fuck. give me some of that silver spoon shit.
i also grew up poor and have been through an usual amount of struggle in life. if i made enough money i would for sure set my parents and friends up with something nice.

I think he's a great father and it was awesome to see a champ on the treadmill with his young kids 4 days before a fight. Very respectable guy. Until he raps or talks about "major movies" he's turned down. Then fuck.. I like him though? Yeah, I'm not quite there yet either.
I just can't get with it. But "I'll Beat Yo Ass" is dropping soon watch out for it. Not a joke. "I'll Beat Yo Ass.."

Last edited:
Now we all know it pisses Dana off, Tyron's popularity will surely surge.
The exact opposite is true on this site. Dana has more lovers than haters here. Don't ask me why.

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

I think in person Tyron is probably very likable and seems like a nice family guy, funny dude, very spiritual etc. But his public persona can be very unlikable at times because everything posted in the “Tyron the Victim” video on YouTube. When it comes to is career he has a sense of entitlement and gets very defensive when criticized.

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

If not everyone agrees with your opinion, is that OK with you? Or must everyone agree with what you think about it?

Is there a difference between people saying they don't like Woodley, and pushing the narrative that Woodley is unlikable?

Who would push this narrative, without believing it?

TS is dancing around, avoiding and excusing things he don't like to hear.

If you guys we're confident and did any work to support your feelings, this tactic of attempting to excuse and summarize everyone who disagree with you would be obviously pathetic.

Speak for yourselves people. Don't tell me what Sherdog Poster #436545 thinks and why.

I like Woodley just fine. He seems like a good dude, but I would love to see him stop trying to play the victim all the time. I don't dig his identity politics at all, or anybody's for that matter, and I wish he would stop with all the race baiting.

Sometimes for some reason, some people are just not ‘likable’ . Call it ‘the way they carry themselves’ or ‘the way they speak’ or the way they interact with people. Sometimes it’s just ‘us’. I’m sure he’s a good individual, has great friends, is good to his mom. But that does not make him likable. So I chalk it up to ‘us’.

idk if the thing is hes unlikable or if that is the proper word. he didnt help him self with the racist stuff but that doesn't matter. hes clearly a good guy , intelligent and an amazing dominant champion but to me he doesnt have what the super pushed ufc athletes have had in the past. he needs to be more entertainment minded and play more of a character if he wants to appeal to the masses. the ufc i think undervalues and mistreats their fighters to some degree and doesn't necessarily do the best at marketing and building up some fighters but idk there is something about tyron where it just makes sense hes in the position hes in.
i do think the ufc sometimes conspires against some fighters for business or even personal reasons but i dont think they are racist if anything they would specifically want black champions. . dana has screwed fighters out of fights for long periods of time over personal bs or bad business communication on his part and i do think some matches are made to work against some fighters or some late replacement/ short notice situations are meant to work against some fighters so i'm sure hes got some valid reasons to be outspoken right now but a lot of it is accusing and assuming.

if he wants the focus to be on racism what do tyron dc mighty mouse and jones all have in common that might not appeal to their target audience...

the system is racist. cultural behaviors have become racist and constructed through racism. its meant to keep people down.

Back