People trying to push the narrative that Tyron is "unlikeable"...

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.

His father left and his single mother raised 13 children.

Buying 13 houses would've been pretty hard for her, I imagine.

This is an ignorant post.

Not all families can afford these things. Sometimes giving someone the character and work ethic to be successful is the best a parent can do.
His mum couldn't afford a house. You don't know what Woodley's family has been through.
I'm not going to argue with you goofs about responsbility. I will let others do it for me.

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

I hope woodley has a long title reign. Its doesn't change the fact the casuals that drive sales don't like him. Besides the robbie KO and the underrated war with wonderboy, hes had some serious lackluster fights. After Conor, casuals love shit talk and exciting fights. Humbleness doesn't get guys far. This won't change, the sport is sports entertainment. Guys who talk the talk and walk the walk, making that walk entertaining are always gonna rise to the top. Thats the sad fact of mma

The fight last saturday is exactly what I've wanted to see from Tyron all along and his willingness to be a true champion by taking on all comers is something I've waited for aswell.

With both of those in play by him, I don't really care about anything else.

Dudes on track to being one of the GOAT's, all power to him.

He's likeable as a person, his entitled attitude when it comes to career turns people off.

<WellThere>

You're putting the cart before the horse. He won a SD then sat out for a year and a half cause he felt he was owed a title shot and didn't want to risk losing to prove it. He then put on a couple of absolute stinkers and praised himself for them and blamed the fans and called them racist for calling the fights exactly what they were.

Most people liked him to begin with and jumped off the train when he started putting on shit fights and complaining that people didn't like them.
He sat out after Johny pulled from their fight on weigh-in day because Dana promised him a shot.

He's likeable as a person, his entitled attitude when it comes to career turns people off.

<WellThere>

You're putting the cart before the horse. He won a SD then sat out for a year and a half cause he felt he was owed a title shot and didn't want to risk losing to prove it. He then put on a couple of absolute stinkers and praised himself for them and blamed the fans and called them racist for calling the fights exactly what they were.

Most people liked him to begin with and jumped off the train when he started putting on shit fights and complaining that people didn't like them.

<PlusJuan>

This

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.

What about if them parents couldn't do that genius??...you must be a fucking parasite.

He fights to win and not please the crowd which has lead to some lackluster fights and that really isnt much different than the consensus WW GOAT GSP, or the MW GOAT Anderson against Maia which everyone forgets because he then finished some guys in incredible fashion thereafter

You are as good as your last fight in this game and right now Woodley is riding high after a great fight he was the betting underdog in and finished within 2 rounds

What about if them parents couldn't do that genius??...you must be a fucking parasite.
What?

If your kids tell you when they grow up they will buy you a house. You failed as a parent.

No child should aspire to take care of their able bodied parents. "I need to become a success so I can move my folks out of the hood and into the penthouse in the sky."

Last edited:
{<jordan}

If you're mommy is out here buying mfers houses put me on. Ill knock the fuxking cobwebs off that pussy for some 'my mommy bought me this" money
Buy your own house. And get yourself a wife and buy her a house. I said parents should take care of their children not vice versa. What does my parents have to do with you? You are not one of their children.

But you can join the IL.

Last edited:
1-Tyron is about to incur a huge surge in popularity by a) making Dana look like a childish asshole b) beating Colby

2- Dana White is the main voice of the "Tyron is unlikable" movement. He has negative credibility.

3- if Tyron finishes more, like he did this weekend, he will gain significant popularity, his 3 consecutive decisions, especially the last two which lacked action didn't help him with the fans.

They're all entitled to their opinions. Why in fuck's name do you care??

Bitch because we're on an internet MMA forum. A place designed specifically to discuss and care about these inane subjects and topics.

Hate the thread not the starter.

I think he can be quite controversial and he has some traits that can rub people the wrong way.

But you can't please everyone. Especially if you speak your mind like he always does. He's gonna have haters.

I respect him way more than fighters who are always kissing UFC's ass or trying to pander to their fans all the time.

After Conor, casuals love shit talk and exciting fights. Humbleness doesn't get guys far. This won't change, the sport is sports entertainment. Guys who talk the talk and walk the walk, making that walk entertaining are always gonna rise to the top. Thats the sad fact of mma

people keep saying this, but what about GSP? GSP is the exact opposite of all of the things you said make fighters popular and yet he is one of the most popular fighters ever.

doesn't shit talk, isn't in exciting fights, and is incredibly humble.
giphy.gif

I was down with woodly, I liked old glitter beard. I felt he was correct about promotion but also felt he could have done a bit more at the same time . I thought he was honest with some of his racial stick but also felt he was buying into a bit af a false reality with it as well. And I liked his general attitude. I just now jumped off his train however . When you preach about race and how it affects people ect . You can’t go out and support and be cool with other racists that have your skin tone, he’s a hipocrite. And now is part of the perpetual hate machine .

No one is pushing that narrative harder than Tyrone.

The only thing unlikable about Woodley for me are his first few title defenses. I said the same about GSP back then. Hopefully the Till beating leads to more finishes for him.

Scarface did good deeds. Even tried to buy his momma a house.

miriamcoloninscarface.jpg

Don't make him a "likeable" person.

I don't like him because I heard him on the Joe Rogan podcast and he's really unlikeable. I hope he destroys Colby and then gets destroyed by someone.

Back