People tend to forget the vilain is Yan not Sterling

For people not to attack the victim of the illegal knee.

Every fighter in the UFC has gone through worse things than one illegal knee.

And they didn't always get 6 figures for it.

Why is Sherdog full of "men" like this poster now?

You're right, and I'm not blaming Aljo in the slightest, but it just doesn't feel right. He won the title via DQ in a fight that he was losing. If anything, it impacts Aljo's legacy negatively. He's arguably the worst champion in UFC history.

I'm not going to vilify Yan either, he fucked up and it happens, I've seen fights where guys have thrown illegal strikes and immediately put their hands up like o shit did I really just do that... it was blatant and really bad, but it happens.

I will just pretend this didn't happen and look forward to the rematch.

"Villain" lol, he accidentally landed an illegal strike because of a stupid rule. Maybe you guys can tell me a great fighter who never landed an illegal strike in their career? It's fighting, shit happens.

What's shameful is acting like you're concussed when you're not to get a cheap win. Aljo went to the hospital and got a clean bill of health. And then taking pictures smiling with the belt, like you're proud of it. Shameful.

cant we all just agree that Yans gonna kill him in the rematch haha . Aljo was gonna lose that fight 100% . But yea i couldnt believe it when he actually went for that knee god damn Yans a shithead

Every fighter in the UFC has gone through worse things than one illegal knee.

And they didn't always get 6 figures for it.

Why is Sherdog full of "men" like poster now?

A ton of dumbasses who took illegal blows and continued while compromised.

Just because people were stupid like Anthony Smith ... doesnt mean you should be stupid today.

A ton of dumbasses who took illegal blows and continued while compromised.

Just because people were stupid like Anthony Smith ... doesnt mean you should be stupid today.

You are not worth my time.

Good day.

No one forgets.

Pussy ass Yan fans and the Russian fighter fan boy club are intentionally trying to change the narrative to avoid saying their boy is a dumbass and a cheater.

They are literally attempting to victim blame.

These Yan fans are the same people that said "it's not Yan's fault he had to fight 0-1 at BW over 10 years in the game clearly declining Aldo for the title. He took what the UFC gave him."
they are LITERALLY victim blaming!!11!
mqdefault.jpg

Villian?! Lol. Didn't Aljo kicked Yan in the groin before that? He is villian too.
Shit happens, it's a fight!

The result is perfectly fine, you shouldn't have to continue after eating that shot. But celebrating after is just stupid af. He's the biggest paper champ of all time.

He threw an illegal knee. That's the definition of cheating.

Yeah, technically you're true.

I'm just upset. The end of the round was very close, and there is only one round left. He could have just coasted, and got the decision, but no, he knees Aljo, when he was almost a corpse already,

I'll chalk this one up to Yan's stupidity. He did not need to cheat to gain advantage. He was just being a cocky and careless idiot.

He knew Aljo was almost harmless, lost his concentration for a brief moment, and paid the price.

I still love him tho.

PETR YAN IS STILL MY BOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Villian?! Lol. Didn't Aljo kicked Yan in the groin before that? He is villian too.
Shit happens, it's a fight!
Do you really think Sterling said to himself before he kicked Yan "I'm gonna kick this guy in his groin?"

Because Yan told himself before he even threw the knee "I'm gonna hit this dude's in the face with my knee while he's grounded and I see his hands on the floor."

No one forgets.

Pussy ass Yan fans and the Russian fighter fan boy club are intentionally trying to change the narrative to avoid saying their boy is a dumbass and a cheater.

These Yan fans are the same people that said "it's not Yan's fault he had to fight 0-1 at BW over 10 years in the game clearly declining Aldo for the title. He took what the UFC gave him."
Yan is a dumbass for what he did but you need to take your emotion out of it. Sterling got outclassed and is now posing for pictures with the belt as if he won it legit. And you're trying to shit on how Yan won the title lmao that is classic

Yeah, technically you're true.

I'm just upset. The end of the round was very close, and there is only one round left. He could have just coasted, and got the decision, but no, he knees Aljo, when he was almost a corpse already.

I'll chalk this one up to Yan's stupidity. He did not need to cheat to gain advantage. He was just being cocky and careless.
Honestly I 100% agree with you. 1000% actually.

I do some hyperbole to contend with some of the other dumbasses around here but I actually agree with your position.

Able to continue the fight or not Sterling did well to not wake up this illegal blow weakned him way too much, he would have lost anyway

His opponent by not respecting the rules/making a big mistake give him the easy way to win for sure and he have to refuse it?

He didnt asked for that

When your opponent in poker or any game made a mistake/illegal foul you gonna say "ok bro its ok for this time lets continue" or run throught it and get the victory?

He got the win, the belt, the champ statut (and with all who goes with, legacy, money, bonus, contract, fame, blabla) when he was loosing anyway !

Everybody would have done the same, there is no samurai code when you got fucked up with a knee when you asked nothing of that and 100k is waiting in the locker room because of the opponent mistake, not yours

Yan is the villain but sterling didn't do any favors but being a clown on social media.

He's erasing any benefit of the doubt.

There is no "villain" for fuck sake stop being so melodramatic

Yan is an idiot who made a mistake, the DQ is fine. Sterling absolutely milked the fuck out of it. Both can be true.
Sterling had an opportunity to make a comeback in that fight and it was severely compromised by that illegal knee. Sterling shouldn't have had to go on that long before they called it.

Able to continue the fight or not Sterling did well to not wake up this illegal blow weakned him way too much, he would have lost anyway

His opponent by not respecting the rules/making a big mistake give him the easy way to win for sure and he have to refuse it?

He didnt asked for that

When your opponent in poker or any game made a mistake/illegal foul you gonna say "ok bro its ok for this time lets continue" or run throught it and get the victory?

He got the win, the belt, the champ statut (and with all who goes with, legacy, money, bonus, contract, fame, blabla) when he was loosing anyway !

Everybody would have done the same, there is no samurai code when you got fucked up with a knee when you asked nothing of that and 100k is waiting in the locker room because of the opponent mistake, not yours

Watching it I **really** WANTED the fight to continue, but could literally not stop myself from thinking about "Aljo you are so DUMB if you continue."

Part of MMA Skill is controlling your weapons.

Ask Kim Winslow...

hi-res-5757120_display_image.jpg

No one forgets.

You mad boy?

Do you really think Sterling said to himself before he kicked Yan "I'm gonna kick this guy in his groin?"

Because Yan told himself before he even threw the knee "I'm gonna hit this dude's in the face with my knee while he's grounded and I see his hands on the floor."

His hands weren't on the floor, which just proves my point, as you didn't saw it too, lmao
BigheartedWastefulCamel-size_restricted.gif

Back