People talking about these fixed fights that end almost immediately.....

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Most recently the two fights that have happened that many people claim are fixed are Conor vs. Cerrone in the UFC and Fedor vs. Rampage in Bellator.

First thing is that people need to realize is that all of these fighters except Conor are past their prime. Fedor and Rampage are years past their prime and Fedor can be knocked out by a small breeze these days. Rampage came in at the HW limit of 265lbs. and completely out of shape. Cerrone is past his prime and was a tune up fight for Conor's return after nearly 2 years away from MMA. No one really expected Cerrone to win. He came into the Conor fight off of a 2 fight losing streak both by TKO. Cerrone's chin is also gone.

Secondly these fights ended almost immediately. If these were thrown fights they could have at least gone to the end of the 1st round and not right away. At least the Ali vs. Liston famous "Phantom Punch" was midway through the 1st round. Give it a show at least if it's a thrown fight or dive.

Thirdly in this fight with Conor and Cerrone you have a notoriously fast starter in Conor and a slow starter in Cerrone. Everyone expected Conor to take Cerrone out quickly and knew the longer it went the worse it would be be for Conor.

Fourth, acting. These fights, especially the Rampage vs. Fedor one ended oddly. Rampage seemed to not want to be there and appeared to just give up. Cerrone appeared to be hurt bad. If these were thrown fights they could have definitely just acted like a strike took them out and landed on the mat "out cold" and taken their paycheck.

I don't think Cerrone has quit in him which is why I think he was really hurt.

Last edited:
The match was not a setup, good performance of Conor.

Neither Fedor vs Rampage nor Conor vs cowboy was a fixed fight, but fight tampering is a real thing imo, and judges get suggestive bribed to call the decision for the more marketable fighter, or the one with better odds for the house that day.

IMO neither fight was fixed per se.

Rampage had no interest in actually fighting, and Cerrone was a hand-picked ideal opponent for McGregor.

Both fights were complete bullshit matchmaking, but not works.

It wasn't a fixed fight, it was a handpicked fight

Big difference

I've never seen so many fans have to go to such lengths to justify a win before. Who are they so desperate to convince? Those calling fix or themselves?

Secondly these fights ended almost immediately. If these were thrown fights they could have at least gone to the end of the 1st round and not right away. At least the Ali vs. Liston famous "Phantom Punch" was midway through the 1st round. Give it a show at least if it's a thrown fight or dive.
A minute and a half into a 45 minute fight is hardly a show lol, and the Fedor fight went longer than that anyway.

I don't think Cowboy was told explicitly that he is to take a dive againt Conor, but he knows the game, he understands what his job is.

Cowboy had no plan to win. Was that because he didn't care or was it because that's what Dana suggested?

Anyone who thinks the UFC and WME fix fights are fucking morons.

Yep, I'm sure WME paid 4 billion or whatever just so they can fix a fight that might make them a hundred million and then run the risk of fighters coming out and saying it was fixed or causing investigations.

They would get sued and all sorts of sanctions and restrictions would be put on them. That's if they could even survive being outed for fixing fights.

Not to mention the public turning on them. They might have a ton of money and marketing power, but they don't have that much power lol.

People need to realize that stupidly rich and big businesses like WME aren't dumb enough to risk an ongoing moneymaker on fixing fights for a short-term gain.

Back