People still say Yoel will gas and lose because of it

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Lissove, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Lissove

Lissove Guest

So, reading through the comment section of the news on Yoel vs Jacare ufc194, I noticed that many people still put their money on Jacare via submission and Yoel gassing.

He put out out 4 opponents out of his 6 ufc fights in the third round. He once went to win a decision with a dominant third round. Kennedy told he will take him down and be a wet blanket on him, Machida did his kick and run play in hopes of gassing Yoel. None of those two came to fruition.

Of course he gasses, but so does everyone, he is only pacing himself differently and it shouldn't be as a minus and a reason to a loss. His opponents are gassed too in 3rd, but instead of turning up the volume with weak punches, he starts to move more deliberate, learned and adapted from past two rounds(noticeable in every of his fights). If anything, as seen from his fights, his power and skill instead of abating as the fight goes actually amplifies.

Been saying this for at least 4 of his ufc fights, that he is stronger and more effective than his opponents in the third even when his movements slow down. Also that his strength and confidence in wrestling ability allows him to dictate the pace and intimidate the fighters from trying their gameplan and instead stand up fight with him where he is the more accurate(look at his fights, he is extremely accurate for his power), more powerful, and, arguably, now more skillful fighter.

2. aus101

aus101 Black Belt

He's ridiculous. He was moving like a flyweight last fight.

BJJ god against wrestling phenom. It's a classic match up for the ages. Romero should take it but if anyone could stop him it's Jacare (or Weidman).

3. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

they should make this a 5 round fight

and romero would still perform fine

4. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

Sherdog is still incredibly divided on whether big muscles win all the fights, or make you gas in 10 seconds like Joe Rogan says.

5. Catsmasher 5000

Catsmasher 5000 Purple Belt

Romero late ko

6. BroITrainUFC

BroITrainUFC Orange Belt

Jacare via submission

7. Forever Young

Forever Young Balls Deep Belt

Yeah I agree. Romero is a freakishly talented athlete, even at his age. If he couldn't go 3 hard rounds, he wouldn't have made it this far.

However, I do expect my boy Jacare to beat him pretty handily. Romero's power is insane, but Jacare is more technically skilled in all kinds of striking. Romero is a very smart fighter (one of the smartest fighters I've ever seen in terms of "fight IQ") and he's not going to risk going to the ground with Jacare.

This fight is going to look like Werdum vs Sea-Level Cain.

8. daprodigal2

daprodigal2 Green Belt

if this was when their first fight was announced, right after romero's fight with tim kennedy. I would agree that I feel that romero will gas and jacare will win, but he's coming off fighting lyoto machida, a fight where romero didn't gas at any point.

i see romero winning a UD with his more diverse striking. this won't hit the ground unless romero initiates a takdown. jacare has power in his right hand, but romero has dynamite in both hands and is fast.

9. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying one of those 2 will get injured and the fight won't happen.

10. Jack Handy jr

Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

Aggememknob's wife's not so secret garden
    I hate this match up TBH whoever loses has a long road back to a title shot. would have rather seen Jacare V bisping, and Romero v Leites

11. Ehrmantraut

Ehrmantraut Real American Platinum Member

Everyone is brainwashed by Rogan lmao

12. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

Not really, whoever loses could fight for the belt right after they get a win. There really isn't anyone else at MW right now.

13. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

I think people still judge Romero from his fight against Doyle Brunson, where he looked gassed and terrible, until he suddenly finished the fight in the 3rd.

He's muscular, but he's not ripped the way someone like Phil Baroni is.

14. Mammothman

Mammothman Red Belt

This is one of the few fight that I have no idea who will win

15. Forever Young

Forever Young Balls Deep Belt

Why are you even on this forum if you don't want to see the best fights?

FTR, I would have no problem with a mini-tournament starting with the two matchups you listed, but wtf man? if you are supposed to be a fan of the sport, you should be a fan of watching the best fights by the best fighters. Get over the divisional rankings bullshit.