People sleeping on how good Conor looks at 155

Those rankings were not when Khabib fought them as you probably know ;) Ed Barboza was the only top ten fighter at the time of the fight which Khabib has beaten by decision as almost always usual. A fighters ability can improve with experience, coach, conditioning etc

Michael Johnson - Prelim card on UFC 205 won by submission in round 3 while Conor ko'd reigning champion Eddie Alvarez in round 2

RDA - Prelim card won by decision on UFC on Fox: Werdum v Browne

Healey - bottom fight on main card UFC 165 again won by decision
They were all ranked top 10 during the fight. You can stop spouting bullshit.
10154396.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

images

10203745.jpg

Those rankings were not when Khabib fought them as you probably know ;) Ed Barboza was the only top ten fighter at the time of the fight which Khabib has beaten by decision as almost always usual. A fighters ability can improve with experience, coach, conditioning etc

Michael Johnson - Prelim card on UFC 205 won by submission in round 3 while Conor ko'd reigning champion Eddie Alvarez in round 2

RDA - Prelim card won by decision on UFC on Fox: Werdum v Browne

Healey - bottom fight on main card UFC 165 again won by decision

You are completely wrong, but someone already posted the stats and pics. Sorry bud but he has 4 top ten wins.

TS meant to post "how good looking" Conrad is

They were all ranked top 10 during the fight. You can stop spouting bullshit.
10154396.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

images

10203745.jpg

Thanks bro.

Though I am not a fan of Conor's this fight is still 50/50 for me, as either guy has a def shot at winning. One fight I would NOT bet on personally.

Nate Diaz loses to elite lightweight fighters almost as a rule. He wasn't competitive with RDA and Bendo, those guys just walked right through him. I'm a huge Diaz fan and this much is obvious.

He took Conor's punches in the first fight then beat the brakes off him and choked him out in under two rounds. Conor literally built his own gym customized for the rematch, spent a order of magnitude more in money and resources than most other fighters, and still couldn't get all three judges to agree he beat Diaz.

Eddie Alvarez is a very fine win but it doesn't mean all that much. Its far more difficult to beat your peers consistently in a division then getting past a single opponent.

We don't have any reason to believe Conor can consistently beat elite light weight fighters.

so tired of people calling the Nate fight short notice. Dude had a full camp. Nate was the one with the short camp. What kind of fake news spreading is this.
THIS
dont know why all these nuthuggers dont understand it.
they just see what they want to see

THIS
dont know why all these nuthuggers dont understand it.
they just see what they want to see

A full camp for a different fighter though. By no means defending Conor, but it is a bit of a head trip to switch fighters after a full camp for a different fighter. Deserves a small amount of prase for it just not as much as his diehards give him.

I've watched an interview where Nate says ironically he fights at 185 when fighting at 155, but usually fights at 170 he's weighting 175-180

Either way, OP is off

I know who Nate is, you don't have to let me know.

Out of camp means nothing.

This was for the rematch, so I'd assume he weighed similar to this weight for the first fight.

“Tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts,” Diaz told MMA Fighting. “I left my room to that fight at 176 [pounds], so when I fought I was probably 173. Quit telling people I was a monster to make him look good. I’ve been a lightweight my whole career.”
well obviously that was in response to Dana and Conor stating he weighed 190 pounds, It was a face saving comment

He said he weighed 175 pounds in the cage against Rory 7 years ago

he was at least 10 pounds bigger than that against Conor

his own team said he was walking at 200 pounds like a month leading into the fight, studying the in fight pictures.. Dana wasn't far from the truth

Nate has the exact same frame as Nick, he walks heavy just as Tony does who also has a similar body type.

It's silly to think he wouldn't utilize his size and frame to it's full potential in the biggest fight of his life

I've watched an interview where Nate says ironically he fights at 185 when fighting at 155, but usually fights at 170 he's weighting 175-180

Either way, OP is off
sounds like an interview from 7 years ago

not relevant

FUCK OFF With this shit. Conor has been the favourite in every single fight he has had except the Aldo fight which the odds went back and forth. Stop pretending like Conor is done underdog always proving the world wrong.

This is the first fight of Conors career where is is actually an underdog. Look it up
maybe in the betting community, they tend to be far smarter than the average fan in analysis. Not to mention inside info. Don't act like you or anyone here falls within that category

In communities like sherdog though, he's been continually picked against

Kinda hard to judge by just one fight in the division.

Yes that fight was flawless. But guys like Khabib and tony ferguson are far more proven in LW.

Imagine if we judged aldo only by the conor fight. Or cain only by the first fight against junior..

My point? Dont judge a fighter by one fight alone.

Aldo vs Conor and Cain vs JDS are not comparable to Conor vs Alvarez.

I agree.

Conor was a zombie at 145, and too heavy at 170 and they both impacted his cardio and speed greatly.

155 is his optimal weight class, he will look phenomenal against khabib.

He might still lose, but it will be because Khabib is just too damn good on the ground, not for any other reason.

Khabib is a MW by the same logic. Maybe that would be the reason.

Nate Diaz loses to elite lightweight fighters almost as a rule. He wasn't competitive with RDA and Bendo, those guys just walked right through him. I'm a huge Diaz fan and this much is obvious.

He took Conor's punches in the first fight then beat the brakes off him and choked him out in under two rounds. Conor literally built his own gym customized for the rematch, spent a order of magnitude more in money and resources than most other fighters, and still couldn't get all three judges to agree he beat Diaz.

Eddie Alvarez is a very fine win but it doesn't mean all that much. Its far more difficult to beat your peers consistently in a division then getting past a single opponent.

We don't have any reason to believe Conor can consistently beat elite light weight fighters.
Nate fighting at 170 made him very much a Nick diaz style opponent in every conceivable way. Not to mention that was around the same time he hit his true peak as a fighter after a career of being In the shadow of his brother . For me those fights were equivalent or close to him fighting Nick at 170 and as such are quite underrated.

That was his most impressive win by far. People will eventually realize this too, over time.

Had they took place at 155, I could understand the logic. It's one of those things people are extremely short sighted about though.

FUCK OFF With this shit. Conor has been the favourite in every single fight he has had except the Aldo fight which the odds went back and forth. Stop pretending like Conor is done underdog always proving the world wrong.

This is the first fight of Conors career where is is actually an underdog. Look it up

Betting odds and who most people believe will win are not mutually inclusive. Smart money may bet on Conor last minute, but one stop in the time machine will show that a majority of MMA fans did not share that same sentiment.

Conor has always been an underdog in the eyes of fans, media, trainers, and fighters of the sports - you know, the people that actually populate the community. That's reality, and he is being doubted again, and will prove them wrong again. Deal with it.

IDK man, in his social media posts his core looks soft.

well obviously that was in response to Dana and Conor stating he weighed 190 pounds, It was a face saving comment

He said he weighed 175 pounds in the cage against Rory 7 years ago

he was at least 10 pounds bigger than that against Conor

his own team said he was walking at 200 pounds like a month leading into the fight, studying the in fight pictures.. Dana wasn't far from the truth

Nate has the exact same frame as Nick, he walks heavy just as Tony does who also has a similar body type.

It's silly to think he wouldn't utilize his size and frame to it's full potential in the biggest fight of his life

Nate Diaz said he was no bigger than 175, it does not matter what his team said or what you think.

Nate fighting at 170 made him very much a Nick diaz style opponent in every conceivable way. Not to mention that was around the same time he hit his true peak as a fighter after a career of being In the shadow of his brother . For me those fights were equivalent or close to him fighting Nick at 170 and as such are quite underrated.

I don't understand this odd false equivalency, Nate and Nick are two very different sized humans. Nick couldn't make 165lbs (and failed wildly in attempting it) where Nate has made 155lbs without a problem in 20+ fights throughout his entire career.

You can watch Nate getting literally thrown around at 170lbs when he fought Rory, suffice to say he went back down in weight because he didn't have the size or physicality of an actual welterweight.

That was his most impressive win by far. People will eventually realize this too, over time.

They ran it back a second time, both preparing for each other, and Conor still couldn't get 3 judges to agree he won a decision. What are we talking about here?

Back on planet earth elite lightweights have run through Nate - Thompson, Bendo and RDA are far and away the most established elite guys he fought and they all went right through him. Conor is the one that sticks out.

Had they took place at 155, I could understand the logic. It's one of those things people are extremely short sighted about though.

Nate has always looked and performed far better at lightweight than welterweight.

Back