People saying GSP is the 'goat' cuz he's clean have never watched Fedor fight or are from Canada

I'm so tired off hearing about GSP and fucking Fedore in 2019.

They'd both get smoked by todays elite fighters.

His "first" loss was around age 32....

What exactly was his prime?

Wait, dont answer because "prime" is arbitrary.

See “mileage”.

Now multiply that (perhaps by ~1.5), in consideration of Fedor’s concurrent career in Sambo.

youre making up your own history now
Care to actually disprove what I said instead of throwing out a vague accusation?

GSP leaving right around the time UFC partnered with USADA is proven by time itself, the Hendricks comments about GSP are recorded on video, and the Hendricks comment I made can be reasonably presumed by his decline after USADA alone, not including the fact that people he fought (Matt Brown for one) claimed he was on steroids.

But goats tap to strikes in their prime vs 9-4 lw journeyman with 0 wins by ko/tko?

These guys are human, and anything can happen in a fight. GSP didn't take this fight seriously, and paid a heavy price. The fight taught him a valuable lesson and he never took anyone lightly ever again. In case it wasn't painfully obvious, he wasn't in his prime for that fight, but the fight helped develop him into his prime. Everyone, including people who hate GSP, recognize that fight as a turning point. People who hate him say that's when he got boring, people who don't hate him say that's when he decided every fight was the hardest fight of his life and he was going to win all of them., which he did.

Given the choice, there are very few fighters who would not have chosen his path, but unfortunately no other fighter has been as skilled as GSP. Jones had a case, but we'll never know, because he's probably been juicing his entire career.

Jon Jones outranks GSP easily. More impressive resume. Fedor beats both because he fought in the heavyweight division. A division where it was literally a coin toss on who would win every time due to the striking power.

GSP's biggest win is BJ Penn who moved UP to fight GSP. Sherdog Facts

So T.S is russian

Moving on

And is probably in his teens and trains UFC while watching fedor fights in pride fc...one of the shadiest organization in MMA history

See “mileage”.

Now multiply that (perhaps by ~1.5), in consideration of Fedor’s concurrent career in Sambo.

MMA fans aren't particularly educated.

You should have to earn a certificate to be allowed to discuss primes or P4P.

So many people ignore so many factors in both. Mileage is a big one.

I'm so tired off hearing about GSP and fucking Fedore in 2019.

They'd both get smoked by todays elite fighters.

(1) Heavyweight hasn’t evolved at all in 10-15 years. So I’m not certain what you mean by “today’s elites”. In fact, the “new breed”, including Lesnar, Carwin, Duffee, Dos Antos and Valesquez have come and gone (except JDS), while a meaningful number of the previous generation of Heavyweight were STILL fighting for meaningful positions. Who are these contemporary elites you speak of? the ONLY true standout I see is an aging Cormier. You’re suggesting pleural.

(2) If you think a prime GSP would get “smoked” by the top 10 of today’s welterweight division, I don’t know what to tell you. Who would smoke GSP? Woodley? No; Colby, No; Lawler? No; Maia? No; Usman; competitive... who? The man cleaned out an entire division nearly 3 times. He would be a favourite against nearly everyone in the top 10, and there are only a very small handful of competitors at 170 that would even have a remote chance to beat him. He’s STILL one of the most well-rounded fighters the sport has ever seen. So I’m not sure what “smoked by today’s elite” is supposed to mean.

You sound either (a) young; or (b) unsophisticated (intellectually). Which is it? Both?

It's almost like there's a GIANT sticky devoted to this topic.

(1) Heavyweight hasn’t evolved at all in 10-15 years. So I’m not certain what you mean by “today’s elites”. In fact, the “new breed”, including Lesnar, Carwin, Duffee, Dos Antos and Valesquez have come and gone (except JDS), while a meaningful number of the previous generation of Heavyweight were STILL fighting for meaningful positions. Who are these contemporary elites you speak of? the ONLY true standout I see is an aging Cormier. You’re suggesting pleural.

(2) If you think a prime GSP would get “smoked” by the top 10 of today’s welterweight division, I don’t know what to tell you. Who would smoke GSP? Woodley? No; Colby, No; Lawler? No; Maia? No; Usman; competitive... who? The man cleaned out an entire division nearly 3 times. He would be a favourite against nearly everyone in the top 10, and there are only a very small handful of competitors at 170 that would even have a remote chance to beat him. He’s STILL one of the most well-rounded fighters the sport has ever seen. So I’m not sure what “smoked by today’s elite” is supposed to mean.

You sound either (a) young; or (b) unsophisticated (intellectually). Which is it? Both?

I bet you GSP gets killed by Woodley.

Usman is GSP 2.0 brah

HW is also the hardest division to be consistent at, because everyone can KO anyone at any time.
Hence why the longest title-defense streak in the UFC at HW is 3.

Unless half your opponents are from lower weight classes, have losing records, are cans and freakshows, roids are encouraged, the fights are unsanctioned and the refs have earpieces.

Care to actually disprove what I said instead of throwing out a vague accusation?

GSP leaving right around the time UFC partnered with USADA is proven by time itself, the Hendricks comments about GSP are recorded on video, and the Hendricks comment I made can be reasonably presumed by his decline after USADA alone, not including the fact that people he fought (Matt Brown for one) claimed he was on steroids.

GSP retired the first time in Dec 2013
Usada was implemented July 2015
Perhaps it is you that should research before throwing out vague accusations...
Not really 'slinking' is it? A 19 month slink LOLOLOL

He had been fighting for like 12 years by then... on top of combat sambo...

You want to talk about Santa Claus and fantasy. Let's talk about p4p. Because that is the only universe where GSP is GOAT.
Same as the guy he fought much older and smaller and fought so many years like fedor too.
And is a natural MW
Hell he might cut down to ww if he was young hes like 5'10 ffs
Hard pill to swallow right?he lost to a better fighter

GSP retired the first time in Dec 2013
Usada was implemented July 2015
Perhaps it is you that should research before throwing out vague accusations...
Not really 'slinking' is it? A 19 month slink LOLOLOL

Fair enough. I concede you are correct on the timeline of when they fought and when USADA came into the UFC. The UFC was in talks back then to implement a drug testing agency. The 19 month thing is pretty irrelevant since it was 4 years later that he came back and looked like he was on more Alien Kool-Aid than ever. A person could slink away after a win and be "slinking" for eternity if they never fought again.

Oh, and the mooning emoji and LOLOLs are fucking pathetic. LOLOLOL? So you laughed out loud for how long? 19 months?

Same as the guy he fought much older and smaller and fought so many years like fedor too.
And is a natural MW
Hell he might cut down to ww if he was young hes like 5'10 ffs
Hard pill to swallow right?he lost to a better fighter

Hendo hits like a truck and can KO anyone on the planet. He was also on TRT to prolong his career. What you said just shows what a boss Hendo is. Same size as GSP according to you. Now imagine GSP fighting his career at HW, LHW and MW... lol

These guys are human, and anything can happen in a fight. GSP didn't take this fight seriously, and paid a heavy price. The fight taught him a valuable lesson and he never took anyone lightly ever again. In case it wasn't painfully obvious, he wasn't in his prime for that fight, but the fight helped develop him into his prime. Everyone, including people who hate GSP, recognize that fight as a turning point. People who hate him say that's when he got boring, people who don't hate him say that's when he decided every fight was the hardest fight of his life and he was going to win all of them., which he did.

Given the choice, there are very few fighters who would not have chosen his path, but unfortunately no other fighter has been as skilled as GSP. Jones had a case, but we'll never know, because he's probably been juicing his entire career.

K...

How does that change the fact that gsp at age 25 (almost 26) tapped to strikes vs 9-4 journeyman lw with 0 wins by ko/tko?

Or how does it make it better than fedor at age 34 n 35 pro fights gets finished by one of the best fighters ever who face/beat who’s who of mma?

N “not taking your opponent serious” is bs excuse.

I guess Anderson losses to weidman don’t count cause he didn’t take him seriously n fedor loss to Werdum also doesn’t count cause he didn’t take him seriously either.

In his prime fedor also most likely didn’t take fujita seriously n got rocked, but he didn’t panic, drop in the floor n started tapping to strikes. He actually found a way to overcome adversity n win, something gsp wasn’t able to do

Fair enough. I concede you are correct on the timeline of when they fought and when USADA came into the UFC. The UFC was in talks back then to implement a drug testing agency. The 19 month thing is pretty irrelevant since it was 4 years later that he came back and looked like he was on more Alien Kool-Aid than ever. A person could slink away after a win and be "slinking" for eternity if they never fought again.

Oh, and the mooning emoji and LOLOLs are fucking pathetic. LOLOLOL? So you laughed out loud for how long? 19 months?
LOLOLOLOLOL. not as pathetic as you being so triggered by it.
Carry on with your sooky GSP hating narrative. I look foward to debunking your alternative reality again.

K...

How does that change the fact that gsp at age 25 (almost 26) tapped to strikes vs 9-4 journeyman lw with 0 wins by ko/tko?

Or how does it make it better than fedor at age 34 n 35 pro fights gets finished by one of the best fighters ever who face/beat who’s who of mma?

N “not taking your opponent serious” is bs excuse.

I guess Anderson losses to weidman don’t count cause he didn’t take him seriously n fedor loss to Werdum also doesn’t count cause he didn’t take him seriously either.

In his prime fedor also most likely didn’t take fujita seriously n got rocked, but he didn’t panic, drop in the floor n started tapping to strikes. He actually found a way to overcome adversity n win, something gsp wasn’t able to do

This is impossible to explain to people who have drawn their line in the sand.

It's incredibly obvious to anyone else.

After Serra, GSP won thirteen in a row, twelve of which were title fights in one of the toughest divisions of MMA. Do I have to explain why the fact they were title fights makes a difference? Every single long reigning champion has explained why holding the title is incredibly exhausting, including Anderson, who said it was like a ten ton weight on his back. To be fair, Jones has never said this, but he gets it taken away every couple of years because he's a cheating bastard.

I get that the Serra loss is the one thing you guys have to hang on to, and you'll try and use it to discredit GSP whenever you can. It was a bad loss. Nobody disputes this. However, it doesn't define GSP, except for the fact that he used that loss as motivation to prevent anyone else from ever beating him... And nobody else ever did.

I know I'm wasting time here. Nobody who keeps saying "taps to strikes" as an insult is likely to ever be reasonable.

GSP is one of the best fighters we have ever seen. Choosing the best of the best is too subjective and only children do it seriously, but for my money, if I had to pick one fighter in his prime to beat any other fighter in his weight class, there is NO question it would be GSP. Fedor is my favorite fighter and I consider him one of the best, but I'd definitely pick GSP. Fedor was very aggressive and fighting guys who could put you away in a second.

Psh, "competitive" has jack shit to do with talent level. Fourth division peewee football can be competitive.

Want to know why the smart money had Jonny Picograms as favourite in every single title fight, INCLUDING his very first one? Because everyone who knows anything about this game saw what busted Rua looked like the last time he'd come off knee surgery, when he embarrassed himself struggling to get past a 734 year-old Coleman who hadn't fought in 17 years. How about Jackson deep into his "Please don't wrestle me" phase of his career? Nah. Maybe little Machida as a short notice injury fill-in off a shitty 1-2 skid with losses to over-the-hill Jackson and busted Rua could make a run of it against Jon? Fuck off.

LHW was so shallow when it came to top talent that of Jon's first SIX title fight opponents only Evans - a small LHW - could reasonably have been said to be somewhere near his best when he stepped into the cage with Jon.

This bullshit UFC hype narrative of Jon's early "strength of schedule" is based on level of celebrity of opponents, not fighting ability.

Thing about legit deep divisions like FW, LW and WW - unlike 205 - is that a whole bunch of the "nobodies" are beasts who are only "nobodies" because the division is so deep and there are even beastlier beasts above them.

Lhw > ww n it’s not even close

While you had elite fighters in both ufc n pride like Tito, Chuck, Belfort, wand, shogun, rampage, lil nog competing with each other at lhw

Who were top ww?

Who did Hughes beat to become best ww at that time?

Royce Gracie? Carlos newton? Lw in penn n Sakurai? Frank Trigg?

Before gsp came ww was weak overall.

After gsp came n became top ww, ww division got better but not by much. One dimensional fighters were still the norm n were able to get to the top.

Guys like kos, condit, Alves, hardy, Fitch wouldn’t be able to be top 5 in very competitive lhw division.

But goats tap to strikes in their prime vs 9-4 lw journeyman with 0 wins by ko/tko?

Ok well lets take this further. GOATs do not lose 3 in a row by stoppage when they are 32-34.
GSP avenged that loss by stoppage. Even Serra knew that was a fluke.

Back